Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If the Jets draft anyone from PSU, I will be the happiest person alive and purchase their jersey immediately.
    Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

• Originally posted by TimDris View Post
      If the Jets draft anyone from PSU, I will be the happiest person alive and purchase their jersey immediately.
      Derrick Williams?? I'd be pretty happy with one of the other WR's later, particularly Butler though Norwood's hands are incredible. Odrick would be awesome next year, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by derza222 View Post
        Know what the worst part is? Go on most Jets forums and that's an ideal first three rounds, with Gilbert being the biggest question mark.
        I wish this was true, but........ well I can sum it up in one line from TGG. "We haven't had 3 WR and a TE with this much potential since 98."

:(

Comment

• Originally posted by Crickett View Post
          I wish this was true, but........ well I can sum it up in one line from TGG. "We haven't had 3 WR and a TE with this much potential since 98."

:(
          Are you implying that some fans don't think we need a WR at all? Because I know you can't be trying to say you'd like Freeman, Gilbert, and Murphy to be our first 3 selections.

Comment

Are you implying that some fans don't think we need a WR at all? Because I know you can't be trying to say you'd like Freeman, Gilbert, and Murphy to be our first 3 selections.
            Yes, I'm implying that some fans don't think we need a WR at all and no, I wouldn't like Freeman, Gilbert and Murphy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crickett View Post
              Yes, I'm implying that some fans don't think we need a WR at all and no, I wouldn't like Freeman, Gilbert and Murphy.
              Alright, that's what I thought. Honestly ridiculous though. Some of our fellow fans...

All of this QB stuff has me dreaming that it's a smokescreen and we're really planning a trade up to grab Mr. Maclin. That's my plan.

Comment

• We should all start up a website for the Jets and discuss things so we can be the voice of reason.
                Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• Originally posted by thetedginnshow View Post
                  We should all start up a website for the Jets and discuss things so we can be the voice of reason.
                  We could be like a better TJB lol. Or we could always just land management positions with the team and actually decide what the team does...

Comment

• I heard on the radio that you guys are trying to trade for Troy Smith. Did you hear anything about that?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
                      I heard on the radio that you guys are trying to trade for Troy Smith. Did you hear anything about that?
                      There's a bleacher report rumor on the previous page...we didn't think it had any legs lol. Maybe it does. TTGS is gonna go bananas if we do trade for Smith.

EDIT:

As a Ravens fan what are your thoughts on him? Potential starter? Obviously you don't need him around since you have Flacco... I know TTGS loves him but I've got very little feel for what he's done at the pro level...not many people better to ask than a Ravens fan. And what do you think it would take? A fourth or a fifth?
                      Last edited by derza222; 03-18-2009, 05:25 PM.

Comment

• I honestly thought he was the QB the future, I was upset we drafted Flacco because I thought Smith was the man. He was 3 inches away from being the #1 pick when he came out. He has the arm strength and mobility to do well.

My theory was a draft day trade...

Jets get: 26th pick, Smith, and a 4th or 5th

Ravens get:17th pick

This would probably only happen if DHB is at that pick, the Ravens get a great vertical threat to go alone w/ Flacco cannon and the Jets get a young QB and still have a option of getting Britt or Nicks or Harvin etc. to give him a nice WR.

Comment

• Trading for Troy smith makes zero sense to me. I don't even think that is anywhere near good enough value to move up 9 spots higher in the first round either.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlexDown View Post
                            Trading for Troy smith makes zero sense to me. I don't even think that is anywhere near good enough value to move up 9 spots higher in the first round either.
                            That values Smith at like a late third round pick, so we'd probably require a little more compensation. Not an awful deal though if you think about it. Depending on who is on the board if we don't like them slip down a little and get a starting caliber QB. I believe he was originally going to start over Flacco, and Ryan has seen plenty of him I'm sure so if he thinks he's worth the shot for essentially a day two pick... worse things could happen. Plus in that scenario we're actually gaining a player and a pick. I'd be pretty happy with it.

Comment

Depending on who is on the board if we don't like them slip down a little and get a starting caliber QB.
                              I'm not buying the fact that he is a starting caliber QB. Baltimore spending their first on Flacco says enough for me. There is no need to trade for another unproven QB. We already have 3 on our roster!

Comment

• Originally posted by AlexDown View Post
                                I'm not buying the fact that he is a starting caliber QB. Baltimore spending their first on Flacco says enough for me. There is no need to trade for another unproven QB. We already have 3 on our roster!
                                I tend to agree with you. If we just want an inexperienced guy that has sat on an nfl roster, why not go with the guy that has sat on our roster and knows the offense we are going to run. However, in the back of my mind, I do kinda wonder if Troy Smith could succeed given the opportunity. He has a strong arm, is mobile, and had success in college. Also, I know he was the D coordinator, but perhaps Ryan saw something in Smith during practice. Also, the way Flacco performed as a rookie shows that perhaps Baltimore just believed that Flacco was going to be a special player, so regardless of who was on their roster, they had to take him.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information