Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supposedly we're closing in on inking Samari. Could be a Corey Ivy kind of deal where they look for more money/a better opportunity elsewhere and sign somewhere else though, since it's supposedly going to take a couple days. Signing him and re-signing Elam, our secondary would be pretty deep.

Comment

• Originally posted by derza222 View Post
      Supposedly we're closing in on inking Samari. Could be a Corey Ivy kind of deal where they look for more money/a better opportunity elsewhere and sign somewhere else though, since it's supposedly going to take a couple days. Signing him and re-signing Elam, our secondary would be pretty deep.
      we need our depth to be deep with the division we play in. when the pats r deep at reciver and the bills recently signing TO. i think its a good signing adding samari

Comment

• Originally posted by jetvilma51 View Post
        we need our depth to be deep with the division we play in. when the pats r deep at reciver and the bills recently signing TO. i think its a good signing adding samari
        I really would like the signing also. Can't have enough good corners.

Have to hope that the offense starts to get SOME attention though. There are lots of question marks at the skill positions and the line could use some work. Plus we have one tight end, and he's not exactly a complete one.

I'd love having a great D, but the offense needs to get a look as well.

Given that signing would solidify our D outside of adding a linebacker or two and some youth on the line, hopefully that would be the case in the draft at least. Wouldn't mind adding a free agent or two, probably either at TE or WR.

EDIT:

Also, apparently we worked out Bomar? Hopefully that gives a little less legitimacy to the Freeman workout, because I think drafting Bomar is a big mistake. Accuracy is subpar, and he's just another mid-level unproven guy to add to our current cast of characters, and arguably not as good as any of them.
        Last edited by derza222; 03-20-2009, 02:33 PM.

Comment

• http://nyj.scout.com/a.z?s=65&p=2&c=...%2f849340.html

Can anyone read this and potentially PM me it (don't think we're allowed to post premium info)?
          Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• i think we should take a look at matt jones. although his off-the-field problems are cause for worry, his size is exactly what we need in a WR right now. and he wouldn't need to be a go to guy or anything like that either. i think we should sign him to a one year deal filled with incentives regarding his troubles outside of football (can you even do that?) so there is almost no risk involved. this signing would give us some more flexibility on draft day too, cause we wouldn't be as hard-pressed to draft a WR at 17. it still would definitely be a 1st day need, but wouldn't pigeonhole us into reaching for a player in the 1st.

Comment

• Originally posted by thetedginnshow View Post
              http://nyj.scout.com/a.z?s=65&p=2&c=...%2f849340.html

Can anyone read this and potentially PM me it (don't think we're allowed to post premium info)?
              I can't but if anyone can and they can PM me it also that would be great.

Comment

• not sure how much relevance you guys put on the wornderlic but looks like most of the top WR didnt fare too well.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...,7151782.story
                J. MESS

Comment

• Originally posted by jmess15 View Post
                  not sure how much relevance you guys put on the wornderlic but looks like most of the top WR didnt fare too well.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...,7151782.story
                  I don't think it's too significant but at the same time I wonder if it will concern teams about DHB and Harvin since both will need some development as receivers. Not sure it will, but something to think about. Still kind of hope we move up to get Maclin.

Comment

• Originally posted by derza222 View Post
                    I don't think it's too significant but at the same time I wonder if it will concern teams about DHB and Harvin since both will need some development as receivers. Not sure it will, but something to think about. Still kind of hope we move up to get Maclin.
                    I never thought the scores were significant either, but if you remember Vince Young had one of the lower scores for QBs on record and look where he is now..
                    J. MESS

Comment

• Originally posted by jmess15 View Post
                      I never thought the scores were significant either, but if you remember Vince Young had one of the lower scores for QBs on record and look where he is now..
                      Yeah, I do think it's more important for a position like QB than for WR, but still somewhat important for WR's. At least moreso than a position like RB. All of the QB's have high scores this year so that shouldn't be an issue but who knows. Could influence who we pick, but maybe that was just Mangini who wanted the smart dudes.

Comment

• Considering I would be drafting our WR not for financial or legal advice, but for their athletic prowess, I think we'll be alright.

All kidding aside, if you've actually taken one of these, which I was able to take a 15 question one recently, the questions are really not the slightest bit challenging. Granted their are a few that could be time consuming, but if you were trained to skip these "harder ones" you could do just fine.

Dan Marino scored a 16, Favre got a 22 and I believe McNabb got a 14. The biggest thing would be playbook digestion, which I think our FO could tell in their chalk-talks with the players.

That having been said, the receivers did terribly. Nicks scored an 11, Percy Harvin a 12 and DHB a 14. I've never met either, but I would have to imagine they just were properly prepared or educated on how to take the exam, becuase it really isn't that hard.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

• Yeah I've looked at those questions before and they're really quite simple. Something in the 30's or 40's would probably be where you'd find a solid college grad I'd imagine, with time really being the main issue.

Anyone else think Ainge still has a shot in this competition as a major dark horse if we don't add another guy? I think he may actually be the best fit of all of our guys for the ball-control oriented offense, and he's definitely got some skills. Will be interesting to follow him as we run through camp and the like.

Comment

• Stumbled upon this picture. Little Leon is the man

Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

• Well boys I was checking out ESPN and stumbled upon this little blurb on ESPN Insider. Think you'll be very interested:

"With the NFL owners meetings in full swing in California, sources have confirmed to Gary Myers of the New York Daily News that the New York Jets are strongly in pursuit of Denver Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler. While no package has yet been developed because the Broncos still think they can smooth things over, Jets general manager Mike Tannenbaum told the Broncos to let him know when they'll start accepting offers, because the Jets are set to produce a strong proposition for the Pro Bowler.

Although some in the media have suggested that the Jets will focus on improving their defense for 2009, while retaining a run-first, conservative offense thanks to the hiring of former Baltimore Ravens defensive coordinator Rex Ryan as head coach, it is no secret that the Ravens have quarterback Joe Flacco to thank for much of their success in 2008. So in spite of the many changes that will happen on the defensive side of the ball for the Jets, Ryan would certainly be interested in bringing in another young and productive quarterback to handle the offense's reins, as opposed to rolling the dice with Kellen Clemens or Brett Ratliff. Unless the team intends on trading up in the draft, they will be out of the running for Matthew Stafford and Mark Sanchez, and in spite of some declaring he is the second coming of Daunte Culpepper, Josh Freeman is expected to need up to two years to mentally prepare for a role as an NFL starter.

The problem for the Jets in acquiring Cutler is that they don't have a quarterback to send back to Denver in return. It's likely, then, that any trade that makes Cutler a member of Gang Green would have to involve a third team, with the Jets sending some draft picks and/or players to this third team, the third team sending a quarterback to the Broncos and the Broncos sending Cutler to the Jets. Here's a hint: such a third team rhymes with "Jeveland Towns", and the coach of this team used to work for the Jets."

Well boys, here we go again on this little roller coaster. I kinda feel that if we give up a First, Third, and a conditional pick next year, i'd be content doing it. It just seems like a really interesting fit. My only thing is I want a second rounder for a WR becuase we are in desperate need. But it seems as if Mr. Ryan isn't so hot on the QB's. Between this and Josh Freeman, something is a little fishy down in Jersey.....

Via BoneKrusher

Comment

• As long as we don't give up our key players (Leon, Jenkins, Pace, Revis, Rhodes) I think I'd be okay with this. But to be honest I'm a big fan of giving Clemens and Ratliff a chance to start.
                                Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information