X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
    Id be pissed if we took Pettigrew.
    I wouldn't. #2 TE is never ever a first round need.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crickett View Post
      I wouldn't. #2 TE is never ever a first round need.
      Thats why I said Id be pissed if we took Pettigrew

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Taking Pettigrew would just give me that silent mad type of feeling where you just dont want to say anything. Harvin would make me pretty unhappy as well. Im still on the DHB bandwagon and ofcourse Maclin, Britt, and Nicks would please me as well.

Comment

• "New York, New York, becomes Tight end, Tight End!"

Comment

Thats why I said Id be pissed if we took Pettigrew
            Sorry, I misread. :o :o :o

Comment

• I think Pettigrew would signal seeing Keller split out wide quite often and a real emphasis on a power game. Also would show that we're really not high on many of the wideouts in this year's draft. Makes the most sense as a smokescreen to get some team that really wants him to move ahead to grab him so we have a better chance of somebody we like falling, but I really doubt that works. Starting to think a trade down into the late first/early second is really our best option if we don't move up for somebody we absolutely want.

EDIT: By the way, in NO way am I advocating Pettigrew. Just saying what I think it would mean, think the smokescreen thought is more likely. Or just kind of doing HW if he slips...won't fall to our second rounder but if he gets close he's probably a solid pickup given we have no true TE on the roster and Keller does have the versatility to move around a lot. Depends a lot on how Keller improves his blocking over the course of the offseason as well, of course, but he'll always primarily be a pass-catcher. Should be a need we can address in round 4 though, just pick our favorite blocker and make sure we get him.
              Last edited by derza222; 03-26-2009, 09:32 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crickett View Post
                Sorry, I misread. :o :o :o
                I do that all the time.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by derza222 View Post
                  I think Pettigrew would signal seeing Keller split out wide quite often and a real emphasis on a power game. Also would show that we're really not high on many of the wideouts in this year's draft. Makes the most sense as a smokescreen to get some team that really wants him to move ahead to grab him so we have a better chance of somebody we like falling, but I really doubt that works. Starting to think a trade down into the late first/early second is really our best option if we don't move up for somebody we absolutely want.

EDIT: By the way, in NO way am I advocating Pettigrew. Just saying what I think it would mean, think the smokescreen thought is more likely. Or just kind of doing HW if he slips...won't fall to our second rounder but if he gets close he's probably a solid pickup given we have no true TE on the roster and Keller does have the versatility to move around a lot. Depends a lot on how Keller improves his blocking over the course of the offseason as well, of course, but he'll always primarily be a pass-catcher. Should be a need we can address in round 4 though, just pick our favorite blocker and make sure we get him.
                  bingo... also, i remember hunter getting some reps as a TE last year.

Comment

• Originally posted by okay123 View Post
                    bingo... also, i remember hunter getting some reps as a TE last year.
                    Yeah, I think we'll need somebody we can at least pretend will be an option to catch the ball though. But in big sets he can definitely line up there.

Comment

• Pettigew would only be drafted with the intent to give him extensive time in the slot or at WR. It would also signify that we rated him considerably higher than any WR that is available at our pick.

All in all, i highly doubt this is something the Jets will do, but it would have a plan behind it i'm sure.....i hope.

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
                      You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Great Jonathan Vilma View Post
                        Pettigew would only be drafted with the intent to give him extensive time in the slot or at WR. It would also signify that we rated him considerably higher than any WR that is available at our pick.

All in all, i highly doubt this is something the Jets will do, but it would have a plan behind it i'm sure.....i hope.
                        Who is the him we'd be playing at slot or WR, Keller or Pettigrew? I'd presume you mean Keller becacuse Pettigrew is obviously the more prototypical tight end of the two, but wasn't sure. Agreed it would signify we really don't like the widouts much, and that I'm sure there would be some plan behind it. There usually is behind weird picks...doesn't mean they were the right call though. Look at Bryan Thomas over Ed Reed. Improve our secondary through our pass rush by drafting a third end...and it was a reach too. :(

Comment

• How about this Jets mock. I tried to make it realistic.
                          1-17-17- Darrius Heyward Bey WR
                          2-20-52- Jarron Gilbert DE
                          3-12-76- Andre Brown RB
                          4-15-115- Jason Watkins OT
                          6-20-193- Frantz Joseph ILB
                          7-19-228- Bear Pascoe TE

Some Undrafted Free Agents
                          Antonio Dixon NT
                          Robby Felix C
                          Mike Teel QB
                          Kevin Brock TE
                          Anthony Reddick S
                          Greg Carr WR

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

How about this Jets mock. I tried to make it realistic.
                            1-17-17- Darrius Heyward Bey WR
                            2-20-52- Jarron Gilbert DE
                            3-12-76- Andre Brown RB
                            4-15-115- Jason Watkins OT
                            6-20-193- Frantz Joseph ILB
                            7-19-228- Bear Pascoe TE

Some Undrafted Free Agents
                            Antonio Dixon NT
                            Robby Felix C
                            Mike Teel QB
                            Kevin Brock TE
                            Anthony Reddick S
                            Greg Carr WR
                            i would be very very pleased with this. i think gilbert and brown is great value

Comment

• How about if Sanchez drops we swap 1st rounders with the Vikings (to jump in front of the Bucs) and we take Britt with our 1st while picking up an additional 3rd?

Comment

• Gilbert would be a MONSTER in your system
                                LOUD & PROUD

NY GIANTS 4X SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information