This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by derza222 View Post
    I saw Brick today at a local supermarket. Pretty cool.
    We still need to go and harass him sometime. I have his address written down at home.

Comment

• It would delight me to no end if he lived in a brick house.
      Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• Originally posted by TimDris View Post
        Derza, where do you live? I've never seen any Jets around me, but I've seen some Giants.
        Livingston. Like 10, 15 minutes from the new complex. Not my favorite place ever, but there's some cool people.

Originally posted by josh07039 View Post
        We still need to go and harass him sometime. I have his address written down at home.
        I'd be down...over the summer at some point. We'll need to chill and talk Jets/sports in general anyway since we haven't actually since like HS.

Originally posted by thetedginnshow View Post
        It would delight me to no end if he lived in a brick house.
        He's in an apartment in the town center I believe, though I think they may be brick...not certain off the top of my head though. I'll check whenever I'm home next.

Comment

• Originally posted by derza222 View Post
          I'd be down...over the summer at some point. We'll need to chill and talk Jets/sports in general anyway since we haven't actually since like HS.
          Thats true. I guess Witmaack's English class was good for one thing, even if it wasn't to learn anything from him.

Comment

• So anyways in the free agency thread I talked about TE with a couple of others and now I want to see what you guys think.... What should we do about TE? I mean we have Keller so a pass catching TE is not a need, but we desperately need a guy who can block as well as be a short/safety net option for our QB.
            Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

• Cutler news published last Thursday. Most of it is the same old Cutler/Clemens/Ratliff debate, but there are 2 quotes from other guys on the team that I thought was interesting.

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/200...len_cleme.html

The rest of the Jets didn't sound enthused about the possibility of Cutler joining their ranks, and safety Kerry Rhodes said he simply doesn't like the cocksure Cutler.

"Me and Jay just don't get along too well right now," Rhodes said. "You can be confident, but when you're too confident for your own good ..."

It's unclear where the rift between the two started, but it intensified when Cutler began barking at several Jets players during a Broncos rout in the Meadowlands.

"It actually wasn't (something he said) to me," Rhodes said. "It was to some other players but I took the onus on that (to say something back)."

Veteran right tackle Damien Woody said that while Cutler is a great player, Clemens and Ratliff have paid their dues.

"I like my guys here," Woody said. "They deserve an opportunity to see what they can do. Everybody thinks Jay Cutler is a great talent. He went to the Pro Bowl last year and everything. That's all great. But I just feel like these guys deserve a shot."

Later in the article they discuss Cotchery and the #1 receiver spot and that negotiations have begun with Leon Washington.
              Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

• Originally posted by josh07039 View Post
                Thats true. I guess Witmaack's English class was good for one thing, even if it wasn't to learn anything from him.
                Sure as hell wasn't good for learning English. At least we managed to make it entertaining enough at times.

Originally posted by TimDris View Post
                So anyways in the free agency thread I talked about TE with a couple of others and now I want to see what you guys think.... What should we do about TE? I mean we have Keller so a pass catching TE is not a need, but we desperately need a guy who can block as well as be a short/safety net option for our QB.
                I really wonder what we're going to do there. Almost makes you wonder if we're going to grab a guy early like a Pettigrew since we're just ignoring it in FA.

Personally I'd like to sign a guy...make sure they've had some success at this level and don't have to worry about another team taking them.

Don't really see any good options out there though, so outside of that I think our most realistic option is either setting our sights on one guy we think is guaranteed to be there in the 3rd or 4th or a couple guys in the 4th or maybe even the 6th and reach a little but get "our guy". Could get a little risky though.

Comment

• Anyone want to do the forum mock with me? I can only do it with a couple others because I have HS and track after that. Also Jbond said it would be easier to get the team you want if you have a couple of others with you.

Comment

• Originally posted by 'cuse-213 View Post
                    Anyone want to do the forum mock with me? I can only do it with a couple others because I have HS and track after that. Also Jbond said it would be easier to get the team you want if you have a couple of others with you.
                    I don't have IRC. :(

Comment

• I don't either but I'd definitely be down for pulling a group of Jets fans together and just brainstorming about stuff to do or whatnot and making collective calls.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crickett View Post
                        I don't have IRC. :(
                        Whats that, why do you need IRC?

Originally posted by derza222 View Post
                        I don't either but I'd definitely be down for pulling a group of Jets fans together and just brainstorming about stuff to do or whatnot and making collective calls.
                        Yeah, definitely it'd be fun.

Comment

• Originally posted by 'cuse-213 View Post
                          Whats that, why do you need IRC?

Yeah, definitely it'd be fun.
                          Trading is done on IRC, picks in the forum. As long as we have somebody that has it if we apply as a group it shouldn't be a huge issue though.

Comment

• I love to do trades, so maybe I shouldn't try for the Jets. I'll put down several teams.
                            Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• I would love to do it but I dont have IRC either.

Originally posted by derza222 View Post
                              I don't either but I'd definitely be down for pulling a group of Jets fans together and just brainstorming about stuff to do or whatnot and making collective calls.
                              That sounds like a good idea.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Lokks like former Jets MLB Jonathan Vilma might be in trouble.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...=ap-homicides-

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information