This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by thetedginnshow View Post
    I love to do trades, so maybe I shouldn't try for the Jets. I'll put down several teams.
    I'd do the Bengals if at all possible. That's a team that you can really make a lot of deals with but turn around quick IMO. Plus we don't have a ton of fans on this forum so they'll probably be easy to get. I'd co-GM if you wanted one.

From what I've read seems like Vilma did nothing wrong, he's not even a suspect.

Comment

• Originally posted by derza222 View Post
      I'd do the Bengals if at all possible. That's a team that you can really make a lot of deals with but turn around quick IMO. Plus we don't have a ton of fans on this forum so they'll probably be easy to get. I'd co-GM if you wanted one.

From what I've read seems like Vilma did nothing wrong, he's not even a suspect.
      I hope your right

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Did you know Jay Cutler is 13-1 in games where the Broncos gave up 21 or fewer points, the only loss coming when Favre and the Pack beat them on the first play of OT? That's kind of crazy.
        Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

Did you know Jay Cutler is 13-1 in games where the Broncos gave up 21 or fewer points, the only loss coming when Favre and the Pack beat them on the first play of OT? That's kind of crazy.
          That's a really interesting stat. Wonder if he would have the same success with the lack of talent here and how he'd fit in a ball control offense, but that's very interesting. That statistic will be what makes me cool with a Cutler deal if it happens.

Comment

That's a really interesting stat. Wonder if he would have the same success with the lack of talent here and how he'd fit in a ball control offense, but that's very interesting. That statistic will be what makes me cool with a Cutler deal if it happens.
            it looks like everyone is reporting us front runners in this Cutler trade and i heard Tanny called again with a deal in place

Comment

• Originally posted by jetvilma51 View Post
              it looks like everyone is reporting us front runners in this Cutler trade and i heard Tanny called again with a deal in place
              Check the date.

Comment

• You think the Jets will work out Vick?

Comment

• All i can say is that Favre was a waste of time. We would at least know how badly we need to go after Cutler if we had just stuck with the testing of the young players last year. Instead, we are possibly going to give an arm and a leg for Cutler, never test the young QBs on the roster, and got nothing out of Favre but a lost draft pick and a closing season of frustration. Basically, we are one season behind.

I don't want to live in the past, but i'm just saying.

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
                  You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Great Jonathan Vilma View Post
                    All i can say is that Favre was a waste of time. We would at least know how badly we need to go after Cutler if we had just stuck with the testing of the young players last year. Instead, we are possibly going to give an arm and a leg for Cutler, never test the young QBs on the roster, and got nothing out of Favre but a lost draft pick and a closing season of frustration. Basically, we are one season behind.

I don't want to live in the past, but i'm just saying.
                    Agreed. Favre set the franchise back a little bit. We got absolutely nothing out of him.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Yeah I think it's basically impossible to argue with that. I didn't really like the trade from the beginning, and in retrospect it doesn't look great either.

Rotoworld says there are rumors Harris could be involved in a Cutler deal. Does anybody think that would make much sense? Assuming we would have to give up a decent player for him, who would you be alright with moving?

Again, I'm not exactly sold on Cutler at the moment, but I still think it's worth exploring because it seems like this is a realistic possibility for this team.

I also think we're too attitude/PR conscious to go after Vick, especially in NY where the thing will get so much more coverage, but honestly you never know. Still, I'd imagine we won't.

Comment

• I actually think the Favre trade did wonders for us.

If we were going to give up a player, I'd like it to be someone on the offense. With the defense basically set, I'd hate to break it up. Of course, if it had to be a defensive player, I'd think it should be Rhodes.
                        Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• Originally posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
                          Agreed. Favre set the franchise back a little bit. We got absolutely nothing out of him.
                          Not to bring up old discussions but I would not say we got nothing out of him. As an almost 30 year Jets fan, for the first time in my life I actually thought we were a genuine Super Bowl contender when we were 8-3. In retrospect the trade did not work out, but at the time it was the right move to make. Pennington was persona nongrata around here (which imo was unfair) to the point that the crowd cheered when he got hurt.
                          J. MESS

Comment

• I was never a fan of the trade, but I'm not mad at the Jets taking a risk to get a QB, arguably the thing that separated us from a playoff team.

Comment

I actually think the Favre trade did wonders for us.

If we were going to give up a player, I'd like it to be someone on the offense. With the defense basically set, I'd hate to break it up. Of course, if it had to be a defensive player, I'd think it should be Rhodes.
                              For the first part, how so?

And for the second part, which offensive player? Not going to be an OL I'd assume because I wouldn't want to break that up. Wouldn't want it to be a WR or a TE since we have only solid one of each, unless you disagree there. So that pretty much brings us to the aging Jones and our only explosive offensive player, Leon Washington. Presuming they wouldn't want Jones, you're almost left with Washington by default, and that's again taking away our only proven explosive offensive player.

Comment

For the first part, how so?

And for the second part, which offensive player? Not going to be an OL I'd assume because I wouldn't want to break that up. Wouldn't want it to be a WR or a TE since we have only solid one of each, unless you disagree there. So that pretty much brings us to the aging Jones and our only explosive offensive player, Leon Washington. Presuming they wouldn't want Jones, you're almost left with Washington by default, and that's again taking away our only proven explosive offensive player.
                                Yeah, I'd go with Washington.

As for the Favre thing, I think it sort of put us on the map. Made us relevant. It was part of an off-season committed to taking a stance in making the Jets worthy of national recognition. It brought life to the team. I think it reinvigorated the "boosters". Plus, I think everything happens for a reason and I don't know if we would have gotten Rex had that not taken place. And really, had we stuck with our QB situation as is, more than likely at some point Pennington would have been benched, so we would have seen Clemens for what he truly is (or truly is not) and then we wouldn't have this entertaining quarterback controversy that we have now, probably forcing us to trade the farm for Cutler or draft Freeman.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information