• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• http://www.nypost.com/seven/04182009...amp_165020.htm

If Clemens has a good season who knows how far we could go

J-E-T-S

Comment

• am I the only one on here who really, really wants Sanchez?

We can't waste this defense, i see us having a rebound season this year (think 9 wins again and at best 11 wins) with 3 legitimate Superbowl contention seasons for the defense. (Sit a year, ease in second year, game time 3rd year, and all or nothing year, then the rebuild or stop gaps begin for this defense)

What's all this crap about "not needing a franchise quarterback" to win a superbowl? No ****, it's a fact defense wins championships. But guess what, the Bucs of the early 2000s, Ravens throughout this decade, and even the damn bears in the 80s only won one damn superbowl. Common denominators GREAT ****** DEFENSES and a combo of Dilfer, Johnson, and Mcmahon, GAME MANAGERS! Wasted all that potential

Why settle for the potential of having only one (i know most teams won't win one for decades), when we could have the chance to win many. Who wouldn't want that chance to win many, and erase the memory of Tom Brady and the Patriots.

You guys actually think old lemon and ratty are gonna throw up decent numbers on route to a "game managed" superbowl, you guys are straight tripping

take sanchez and if lemon and ratty actually pan out, simple we'd be like The Chargers with Brees and Rivers, not a bad situation.

I really don't see any player that's within our means of drafting in the first that would make such an impact this year that it would warrant the passing of Sanchez, i really don't.
      Last edited by Chris777; 04-19-2009, 04:44 AM. Reason: just because

Comment

• I really think that the Jets should take a QB in the 1st.
        There's no denying that you have a great defense. You guys have a good Oline, you could use another receiver, but you need that one player behind center. I really don't think any of the top 3 QBs will fall to #17. Do you guys think you would move up to #9 to leapfrog San Francisco, just in case they are interested in one of them? Or even potentially moving to #11 to get just in front of Denver?

Originally Posted by scottyboy
        my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
        But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris777 View Post
          am I the only one on here who really, really wants Sanchez?

We can't waste this defense, i see us having a rebound season this year (think 9 wins again and at best 11 wins) with 3 legitimate Superbowl contention seasons for the defense. (Sit a year, ease in second year, game time 3rd year, and all or nothing year, then the rebuild or stop gaps begin for this defense)

What's all this crap about "not needing a franchise quarterback" to win a superbowl? No ****, it's a fact defense wins championships. But guess what, the Bucs of the early 2000s, Ravens throughout this decade, and even the damn bears in the 80s only won one damn superbowl. Common denominators GREAT ****** DEFENSES and a combo of Dilfer, Johnson, and Mcmahon, GAME MANAGERS! Wasted all that potential

Why settle for the potential of having only one (i know most teams won't win one for decades), when we could have the chance to win many. Who wouldn't want that chance to win many, and erase the memory of Tom Brady and the Patriots.

You guys actually think old lemon and ratty are gonna throw up decent numbers on route to a "game managed" superbowl, you guys are straight tripping

take sanchez and if lemon and ratty actually pan out, simple we'd be like The Chargers with Brees and Rivers, not a bad situation.

I really don't see any player that's within our means of drafting in the first that would make such an impact this year that it would warrant the passing of Sanchez, i really don't.

If Sanchez is there at 17 then we should jump on him. But i dont think he'll be there and what would be the cost to trade far enought up to get him?

Also, Gary meyers of the Daily News is suggesting that we trade Thomas Jones and draft a guy in the first round. Not a bad scenario as far as I am concerned. We would be trading a guy who had his best year and has some value.
          J. MESS

Comment

• I doubt Thomas Jones would have any value given his age.

I also still think it's interesting that people want a burner. I don't care what he looks like, but all I want is a redzone threat.
            Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• TJ definitely has value, he's 30 but he could put a team over the edge, he did lead the AFC in rushing last year

J-E-T-S

Comment

• Originally posted by thetedginnshow View Post
                I doubt Thomas Jones would have any value given his age.

I also still think it's interesting that people want a burner. I don't care what he looks like, but all I want is a redzone threat.
                I agree he doesn't have much value. We got him for something along the lines of the equivalent of a low two or high three, and I can't see a team giving up more than a 3 or a 4 for him at best. He's worth more than that to us so a deal doesn't really make sense to me. Just a short-term investment, which unfortunately doesn't have much value in terms of draft picks.

As for the burner I've cooled on it a little bit but I still want somebody that can create separation on their own one way or another. We struggled to get guys open late in the season last year and it really cost us, this year with a young QB no matter which way you slice it we'll need to ensure he isn't going to be throwing in tight windows all the time or it's going to be a long season that will hurt the confidence of whoever we throw in there.

Comment

• Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

• Comment

• LOL Sweet Picks

But really every mock i see that has us picking Freeman makes me mad lol, because Freeman straight up is NOT an upgrade over Clemens, with that pick we should be taking nothing other than a WR, RT, DE and maybe a RB

J-E-T-S

Comment

• Originally posted by Nj. View Post
                        LOL Sweet Picks

But really every mock i see that has us picking Freeman makes me mad lol, because Freeman straight up is NOT an upgrade over Clemens, with that pick we should be taking nothing other than a WR, RT, DE and maybe a RB
                        The 2 round mock that had us trading 17 and 52 to move up to 9 and select Freeman was so depressing. We got only one pick and it was Freeman. If that actually happens on the first day I'll be incredibly depressed, and nothing we do on day 2 will be able to make up for it.

Hopefully Clemens' strong play in minicamp was actually a sign that we have faith in him, and not a smokescreen to make teams think we aren't interested in a QB.

Comment

• Newsday says we are not going to pursue Matt Jones:

http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/fo..._jones_co.html
                          J. MESS

Comment

• Who is your ideal 1st round pick for the Jets?

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
                              Who is your ideal 1st round pick for the Jets?
                              Jeremy Maclin easily, don't think he's going to be available though. Kenny Britt I like a lot though preferably in a trade down, and Brandon Pettigrew is growing on me some as a stranger pick. Chris Wells would be solid as a non QB/WR as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
                                Who is your ideal 1st round pick for the Jets?
                                Michael Crabtree unrealistically.

DHB or Kenny Britt realistically.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information