This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sarcasm at all dear Derza.

My ideal pick would be the lack thereof.
    Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• Not sure who has seen this and who hasn't, but TJB just put out a prospect list. It's really worth checking out because they give little notes about the player or how the visit took place, but I'll just post a general idea of what there is.

Position by position it looks like we have visited with 8 corners that are mostly early round guys which strikes me as strange, 1 DB's that it's unclear where he'd play (for those familiar with Big East basketball it's SHU point guard Paul Gause), 2 early-mid round safeties, 2 DE's that would transition to linebackers, 2 DE's that would play 3-4 end, 4 early-mid round DT's that could probably all project to nose but some could play end along with Peria Jerry for whatever reason, 5 mid-late round ILB's, 2 guards one early to mid round and one late, 2 early round tackles and a mid-rounder but all seem to be LT's which seems odd, the 3 first round QB's along with Bomar and Nate Davis, 4 early round backs but no Chris Wells, 3 blocking TE's and a project from Monmouth, 7 early round wideouts, and the USC kicker.

A lot more corners than I would have expected, much thinner on the offensive line and at defensive end (looking to next year at DE?), and everything else seems relatively normal. A bit disappointed there aren't many big small school DL's that Rex could maybe coach up. Does look like we'll be looking for an ILB somewhere, I'd guess round 6 is where we hope to address that or by picking up a 5th in a trade. Also a little surprised there's so few mid-round backs and OL's, I figured that would be a really likely place for us to look at those positions. Maybe that's just a smokescreen and we've got our eye on some specific guys, because it seems like there could be some good guys available in that range. Two strangest omissions (if you can call them that) were Wells and Tyson Jackson, though I found no Robiskie and Barden interesting (first round or bust at WR like we've been saying?).

Ultimately this point probably proves to be completely off because you really can't take this kind of stuff into account too much, but it's fun to look at the players we've been visiting with and see what we think it means anyway. I'd actually like to try and find last year's list because I remember there was one and see if it actually indicated anything, though I'm sure teams try and avoid patterns and stuff in that.

Also, the wink was unintentional.

Comment

• Really, really interesting to know.

Anyone watching Sports Center : On the Clock right now?

They have been interviewing a lot of prospects right now, including Freeman. Sounds like he has a good head on his shoulders.

In general, how important his high character guys to you all?

Comment

• I think character is extremely important, but I don't think Freeman has quite the skill set we need

J-E-T-S

Comment

• And my ideal jets pick is jeremy maclin

J-E-T-S

Comment

• Originally posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
              Who is your ideal 1st round pick for the Jets?
              Ill answer my own question.

Trade up - Maclin
              Stay at 17 - DHB
              Trade down - Britt

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Clayton said we're involved in Boldin talks. I wonder if that's us doing our due diligence or he was saying we were part of some three-way trade involving the Cards and the Giants/Ravens, since they were also mentioned.
                Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• Originally posted by thetedginnshow View Post
                  Clayton said we're involved in Boldin talks. I wonder if that's us doing our due diligence or he was saying we were part of some three-way trade involving the Cards and the Giants/Ravens, since they were also mentioned.
                  Was about to post this. I think I'd be alright with either. If we do trade for him, we obviously are in better shape than the Ravens just because of where our first rounder is, and while he's older Boldin is way more of a sure thing than anyone we'd get at 17 even if he is a little similar to Cotch. If we're involved in 3 way talks, it would be nice if the Cardinals would like to be as high as our selection and we can grab a second or third from them plus 26 or 29 to move down into that range. Just think it's a better spot for us than 17.

Comment

• Boldin would be great, but I think that if we are in some type of situation where we can get more picks, like giving up Thomas Jones(hes getting old and he kind of wants out), I say we should do it

J-E-T-S

Comment

• Originally posted by AlexDown View Post
                      Really, really interesting to know.

Anyone watching Sports Center : On the Clock right now?

They have been interviewing a lot of prospects right now, including Freeman. Sounds like he has a good head on his shoulders.

In general, how important his high character guys to you all?
                      Very important, I'd say its the second most important thing to look for in a player, first being production. If a guy doesn't produce than there is no reason to have him, but also if he is a bad character in the locker room he will hardly help a team if not hurt a team. Then I'd say football knowledge/mental skills, physical skills, and then maybe last consider popularity and what he could do financially for your team.

As for Freeman, his production is slightly above average, good character, poor mental skills, excellent physical skills, poor popularity. I think he holds 2nd round value but will most likely slip into the first round if sanchez is drafted top 5.

Comment

• I was just watching ESPNEWS and they were talking about the Jets. Sal Paolantonio(I dont know how to spell his name) was reporting for the Jets and he said that the Jets are would strongly consider trading up to 8 if Sanchez is on the board.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
                          I was just watching ESPNEWS and they were talking about the Jets. Sal Paolantonio(I dont know how to spell his name) was reporting for the Jets and he said that the Jets are would strongly consider trading up to 8 if Sanchez is on the board.
                          Supposedly there was a rumor that the Jags want us to trade up to 8 today which has to be BS but I guess I could see them wanting it to happen.

I have no problem moving up in this draft, but not giving up 52 and our 4th. That leaves us with 4 picks, 2 in the first 5 rounds. Just not enough to bring in some youth and plug needs IMO. If the Jags wanna move down that's fine, but if I'm Tannenbaum I say listen, if you wanna move down that badly then take 17 and 52 and be happy we got close and took the pick off your hands.

We really can't afford to give up that much without getting something besides 8 in return. I'd actually rather give up 17, 52, and 76 getting two picks back in the 4th, 5th, or 6th or even just a 4th along with 8 than give up 17, 52, and our fourth. We're kind of shorthanded already in this draft. We'll see what goes down though I guess.

On the bright side, Sanchez is probably gone top 5 and this is smokescreen week...

Comment

• So rumor now is that the Jets may try to acquire Campbell from the Redskins if they move up to draft Sanchez. Funny, I suggested they might do that in a thread a few says ago. The compensation I would guess would be 76, which isn't too awful.

We could definitely get some good guys there, but as opposed to trading a first round pick for Brady Quinn or drafting Josh Freeman in the first...we could do worse. He'll bring starting experience to our QB corps and still has a solid arm and is young. Not my favorite move, but I think we could do a lot worse, and it actually has some logic behind it. Redskins recoup a pick from their trade up and we get a QB that has some starts under his belt but still has some upside.

Worst case, he would make a pretty solid backup. He should fit our offense better than their WCO anyway which is presumably why they're looking for a new QB. If the compensation is 52 though then I'd start to question things a little bit, 76 or just giving them their fourth back sounds about right.

Comment

• I like Campbell a lot and if we can get him for a 3rd rounder Im all for it.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Troy Smith for a 5th > Jason Campbell for a 3rd

But I like Campbell, we suck with the third rounders, and anything's better than Freeman.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information