This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So biggest needs now have to be WR and DE
    Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

• Originally posted by TimDris View Post
      So biggest needs now have to be WR and DE
      We need a WR badly. I think the are fine with Douglas as the DE

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• I think everybody on here knows that I am not a fan of Sanchez but he's our guy now and I want him to succeed. If he is going to suceed he needs a big time WR. We should make a move and trade up to the end of 1st or top of 2nd and take Nicks or Britt, depending on who is there.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• I honestly think at this point we're going to ignore WR. We'll see if Sanchez starts this year, but I don't see anyone that's going to be there in the third round that's going to really upgrade our WR corps. Only thing I think we can really go for is size (Barden). Looks like Clowney will have a real good opportunity to start, obviously he was more impressive than either of the QB's.

What do you guys think we want to go after in the third and fourth? Maybe a WR, tight end, obviously defensive end is a need now, and then there's always offensive line and running back. Wonder if we try to slip down to pick up another pick or two later or if we think that the later round guys may not even make the roster.

Comment

• We gave up so much to get Sanchez that it's ridiculous.
            1st rounder
            2nd rounder
            Brett Ratliff
            Abram Elam

I don't know if anyone remembers but Elam had a great year this year and losing Ratliff means that we have no flexibility in trading Clemens for picks because Clemens in the only backup we have now, Erik Ainge is not being considered a legitimate back up

J-E-T-S

Comment

• We swapped first rounders, we didn't give up a first.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nj. View Post
                We gave up so much to get Sanchez that it's ridiculous.
                1st rounder
                2nd rounder
                Brett Ratliff
                Abram Elam

I don't know if anyone remembers but Elam had a great year this year and losing Ratliff means that we have no flexibility in trading Clemens for picks because Clemens in the only backup we have now, Erik Ainge is not being considered a legitimate back up
                It really wasn't a terrible trade. I mean we gave up a lot, but at the same time the second rounder was in no man's land, Ratliff probably wasn't going to start for us anyway, Elam wasn't going to start, and obviously Rex didn't love Coleman for this scheme. He was a fringe starter anyway.

Elam had some moments, but you have to remember he was bad in coverage and he was just a depth guy. He wasn't starting. None of the players we gave up were proven NFL starters. It's considerably better than giving up the future first I thought we were going to have to trade when I saw we were moving up to 5.

If we traded Ratliff and didn't draft Sanchez I could see an issue, but we're three deep at QB anyway and I don't think Clemens would have had much value. Plus Ainge could develop into a backup after this year.

At this point my major concern is who starts. I do not think Sanchez should be thrust into the starting role. I also do not think there should be a competition, because if Clemens wins the media will eat management and Sanchez alive. We should hand it to Clemens for the year and see what happens after that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nj. View Post
                  We gave up so much to get Sanchez that it's ridiculous.
                  1st rounder
                  2nd rounder
                  Brett Ratliff
                  Abram Elam

Are you being serious? I disagree.

We swapped 1st round picks, so we didn't necessarily give one up. So we gained there. Coleman was a fringe starter that needed to be upgraded, and honestly, isn't a big loss in the slightest. Elam made a few big plays, but he blew more than his fair share of plays in coverage, he was a fringe starter who is easily replaced and probably would have been replaced with Rex Ryans Baltimore boy anyway. Ratliff would have been our backup, or, would have been 3rd string for us and has proven nothing outside of preseason. Probability he does nothing in his career is greater than that of him having huge success. He is all unseen potential.

so we gave up a 2nd rounder, 2 fringe starters, and an unproven backup. I'd lean on the side that says, sweet deal. I'm all for it.

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
                  You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

• I just got back from the Jets draft party in Farmingdale. And I'm never going back to the draft.

I will say this. The ESPN radio hosts asked us if we liked the Sanchez deal. We booed. They asked us if we would have preferred Michael Crabtree. We cheered.

And I got a Jets banner signed by Greg Buttle, who I also talked to about drafting a franchise QB vs. drafting a WR.

Comment

• Originally posted by derza222 View Post
                      It really wasn't a terrible trade. I mean we gave up a lot, but at the same time the second rounder was in no man's land, Ratliff probably wasn't going to start for us anyway, Elam wasn't going to start, and obviously Rex didn't love Coleman for this scheme. He was a fringe starter anyway.
                      Agreed, we gave up a 1 and 2 and 3 depth guys...looking at the trade value chart I think we made out. Watching ESPN and Steve Young fawn all over this guy makes me think maybe we are on to something. Not sure if this gives us any cap space with the 3 guys out the door but all in all well done.

I know we are weak at WR (I have been clamoring for one for years-but who was left at 17? Only Maclin was worth taking there) but if the guy is a franchise QB then we made one hell of a deal.
                      J. MESS

Comment

• The only thing that may have been at the same level would have been had we traded to 8 and been able to get either Sanchez or Crabtree. I would have been super pumped with either. Thing is, who knows what we would have given up had we waited until 8. I really don't think we gave up anything considerable to get to #5. Freeman would have been at 17 probably. However, other than Maclin, who wouldn't have fit the mold of what we wanted at WR, would have been available. So it would have been Maclin, Freeman, or trade down type of option.

I'm very happy with what happened. Anytime you take a QB high there is a bust chance, but you gotta try, and i'm very excited.

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
                        You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

• Im not high on Sanchez but that was a great deal for us. We gave up a bunch of backups and 2 picks for Sanchez.

If we stayed at 17 we could have had Maclin.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Who do you guys think we are taking tomorrow?

Comment

• Originally posted by NYJets28 View Post
                              Who do you guys think we are taking tomorrow?
                              Im hoping either Louis Murphy or Ramses Barden.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crickett View Post
                                Im hoping either Louis Murphy or Ramses Barden.
                                I agree with you on both of those. Louis Murphy is the only WR left in the draft who has speed that can be a solid starting WR in the NFL. Ramses Barden would give us height and be a redzone target.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information