Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did someone say we gave up a lot for Sanchez? You sir are a joke.

In any case, I love him so I love it. If Nicks ends up being great for the Giants I'll be sad but eh. QB is more important than WR. Plus, I have a pretty good feeling we're going to go with Barden or Gilbert on the second day since Rex seemed to get close to Gilbert and Sanchez has done a couple workouts now with Barden. Maybe not though. I love the draft so far though, especially considering who was drafted after our second round pick position.
    Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• Originally posted by thetedginnshow View Post
      In any case, I love him so I love it. If Nicks ends up being great for the Giants I'll be sad but eh. QB is more important than WR. Plus, I have a pretty good feeling we're going to go with Barden or Gilbert on the second day since Rex seemed to get close to Gilbert and Sanchez has done a couple workouts now with Barden. Maybe not though. I love the draft so far though, especially considering who was drafted after our second round pick position.
      I'd be very happy if the Jets draft Ramses Barden, and I'd feel better about the Sanchez pick. I look at Barden as Brandon Marshall 2. Not that they're the same type of receiver, but a big fish in a small pond type of deal.

Comment

• I don't think you guys gave up much at all, 2 roster bubble guys, and Ratliff isn't needed if you draft Sanchez anyway...If you can find a way to pull in Barden then I love the draft so far.

I think Barden is a risk, but the fact that he's worked out with Sanchez before, and he offers some #1 WR potential that late, he's worth that risk to see what you have by next year.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Crickett, I agree with you. If we draft Barden or even Murphy, Ill feel a lot better with the selection of Sanchez.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
            I don't think you guys gave up much at all, 2 roster bubble guys, and Ratliff isn't needed if you draft Sanchez anyway...If you can find a way to pull in Barden then I love the draft so far.

I think Barden is a risk, but the fact that he's worked out with Sanchez before, and he offers some #1 WR potential that late, he's worth that risk to see what you have by next year.
            Barden is a risk.

Going with Jerricho Cotchery, Chansi Stuckey and Brad Smith/Dave Clowney as your starting receivers is a bigger risk.

JMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crickett View Post
              Barden is a risk.

Going with Jerricho Cotchery, Chansi Stuckey and Brad Smith/Dave Clowney as your starting receivers is a bigger risk.

JMO.
              Agreed. That would also kill our running game as the safties will be playing in the box.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Two things really hit home for me in Rex and Tannenbaum's presser.

On who Sanchez is…
                TANNENBAUM: He lights up a room. The story that really resonated with me was bringing the receivers to Mission Viejo High School on a regular basis, running routes and working on things. He washed their uniforms, took them to a water park and then to a barbecue. Rex always talks about building a team. Obviously that’s the reason behind moving training camp. Everything we do is about building a team. When I heard Mark say that, it really resonated with me because that’s not when the lights are on or when the media is around. That’s really who Mark Sanchez is. When I hear Rex say “play like a Jet” and the type of a person we want, I thought this player landed on all those spots on and off the field. As a general manager, you watch the tape, but you become more convinced in the position, the player, the person and say this is what the head coach wants and this is an opportunity to get a player. So, we felt this was a great fit.
                That's what I always look at when dealing with the QBs. Especially in a situation like ours, I feel like the leadership and character is far more important than any physical traits they possess. That's why I wanted him or Troy. He just seems like a terrific guy.

On if playing in New York appealed to Sanchez…
                I would definitely say so. It takes a person with certain confidence to play here. I don’t think he’s afraid of the big stage at all. Instead, I think he’s a guy that’s going to succeed wherever he goes, in my opinion, but the fact that it is here is great. He’s not afraid of that. He’s going to be successful.
                That's how I've felt. That's why I felt like Clemens and Ratliff would have a hard time succeeding, being that they're not especially strong personalities coming from small towns.
                Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• Best move in the draft I've ever seen.
                  "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

• Originally posted by gpngc View Post
                    Best move in the draft I've ever seen.
                    Yeah I agree.

we get:
                    possible franchise qb

we gave up:
                    2nd rounder
                    elam (3rd string safety)
                    coleman (possible de starter)
                    ratliff (if not traded, would be 3rd on the depth chart)
                    Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

• Originally posted by TimDris View Post
                      Yeah I agree.

we get:
                      possible franchise qb

we gave up:
                      2nd rounder
                      elam (3rd string safety)
                      coleman (possible de starter)
                      ratliff (if not traded, would be 3rd on the depth chart)
                      And there was nothing at that 2nd round pick that would've been a good choice. No 3-4 DEs or quality WRs.

In my mind you gave up 4 backups to move up from 17 to 5.
                      "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

• I just realized all three runningbacks we've been talking about are still on the board as well.

Comment

• There's a rumor going around that we tried to get back into the first to grab Harvin. Pretty interesting if it's true.

Comment

• Originally posted by thetedginnshow View Post
                            There's a rumor going around that we tried to get back into the first to grab Harvin. Pretty interesting if it's true.

I heard that too, but we just didnt have the ammo.

I would really like us to address OL depth too today in addition to WR.
                            J. MESS

Comment

• trading up to the top of the 3rd to get shonn greene was interesting. i thought we were taking jarron gilbert, but i guess not. this is similar to what we did with keller when baker was disgruntled about his contract since TJ hasn't reported to voluntary workouts yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmess15 View Post
                                I heard that too, but we just didnt have the ammo.

I would really like us to address OL depth too today in addition to WR.
                                The Jets no longer have any more picks in the top 190. I think the WR ship has sailed. At this point, the best hope seems to be Matt Jones on the waiver wire. :(

Free agent WR's
                                Drew Bennett
                                Mike Furrey
                                Darrell Jackson
                                Matt Jones
                                Joe Jurevicius
                                Jerry Porter
                                Shaun McDonald
                                Koren Robisnon
                                Amani Toomer
                                Reggie Williams
                                Last edited by Crickett; 04-26-2009, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information