This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They don't need the uni's. THEY BLEED GREEN AND WHITE :D
    Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• Originally posted by The Great Jonathan Vilma View Post
      You should be ashamed of yourself....
      Why? They're not throwing back to the old Jets jerseys, they're throwing back to those of the New York Titans. At least the terrible throwback Eagles jerseys are actually EAGLES jerseys. At least if the Tennessee Titans were to throwback to the Oilers, they would retain the color scheme. The New York Titans throwbacks don't retain either the name or the color scheme.

Comment

• I kinda like the Titans unis. It celebrates our fine history :D but other than that it brings something new to the table. Plus it allows us to sell an additional jersey to the fans, which is probably why we still rock them once a year.
        Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

• Originally posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
          Those are pretty nice^^^^

I hate the Titan throwback jerseys.
          I like this one.

Thats funny, when they wore those uniforms most people hated them and wanted them to go back to the 1968 Jets style unis which Parcells brought back
          J. MESS

Comment

• Originally posted by Crickett View Post
            Why? They're not throwing back to the old Jets jerseys, they're throwing back to those of the New York Titans. At least the terrible throwback Eagles jerseys are actually EAGLES jerseys. At least if the Tennessee Titans were to throwback to the Oilers, they would retain the color scheme. The New York Titans throwbacks don't retain either the name or the color scheme.
            Exactly.

Originally posted by TimDris View Post
            I kinda like the Titans unis. It celebrates our fine history :D but other than that it brings something new to the table. Plus it allows us to sell an additional jersey to the fans, which is probably why we still rock them once a year.
            That's why I think they should rock some older Jets jerseys, i.e. the 80's jerseys. They can sell an additional jersey, but it's a JETS jersey and it's GREEN. Just allows us to keep a little identity. Plus it's a throwback I'd actually contemplate buying lol.

Originally posted by jmess15 View Post
            Thats funny, when they wore those uniforms most people hated them and wanted them to go back to the 1968 Jets style unis which Parcells brought back
            I don't love them, but for two or three games a year I could handle them. Better than the Titans IMO for the reasons Crickett outlined above.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmess15 View Post
              Those are so much better than the Titan uni's. At least that uniform looks like the Jets.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by The Great Jonathan Vilma View Post
                You should be ashamed of yourself....
                Why would I be ashamed of myself? I pride myself on being a Jets fan. I live amongst Philadelphia fans and hear about how this is the Eagles year all the time and it makes me more proud to be a Jets fan. I think you misunderstood what i was saying, obviously I realize I am watching the J-E-T-S, I thought that went without saying. I just meant that they are in no way near our colors for the past 45 years or so and only resemble a team name we carried for 5 years. The only Titans in NY are the professional lacrosse team.

Comment

• Originally posted by derza222 View Post

I don't love them, but for two or three games a year I could handle them. Better than the Titans IMO for the reasons Crickett outlined above.
                  I liked them too, they were great when they played on natural grass in Shea and got dirty every week, once they moved to the Meadowlands they looked very synthetic and were not the same. They eventually changed to all white for home games for a majority of the mid to late 80s.

I have some old games from Shea on DVD and the unis look pretty good IMO.
                  J. MESS

Comment

• We have signed 17 UDFA.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/...afted-rookies/

I could easily see 5 or 6 of these guys make the team.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

We have signed 17 UDFA.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/...afted-rookies/

I could easily see 5 or 6 of these guys make the team.
                      Agreed, some of the guys could of easily been drafted. I really like Cook from the other USC. He could be a solid special teams guy as well as a back up safety.

Comment

• Mark Sanchez was impressive at his first Jets practice today, but it would have been a surprise if he was just average. He always is thinking ahead. He's a young man who has continually excelled in preparation throughout his life.

Even though this is just a rookie minicamp, Sanchez called his unit together for a talk even before they actually touched the field.

“There were no meetings yesterday but everybody got a playbook,” said rookie Jets head coach Rex Ryan. “Well, I guess there was some guy that we had on offense who got the entire offense together and installed the day’s offense. I guess you can figure out who that was.”

Six days ago, the Jets traded up in the first round to grab Sanchez with the No. 5 overall selection. And less than a week later, he was calling his own number and immediately set the weekend tone.

“I’ve only know the dude for less than 24 hours," said rookie receiver Britt Davis from Northern Illinois, "but we had the chance to meet last night as an offense and it was just the players. We met in the hotel. And just the way he commands the offense and commands the knowledge of all of us — he was in charge, he was drawing stuff up on the board and it was precise. Learning from a player will allow you to definitely catch on a lot faster.”

And with more than 50 media members in attendance at today’s first session, Sanchez didn’t blink. The heralded rookie took the majority of reps, displaying good zip his passes, nice touch and tremendous feet.

“It’s difficult when you first come in and it’s a new system. You want to just try to speak the language as soon as possible and I’m trying to get all the terminology down,” Sanchez said during the noon hour. “Me being tough on myself, I wanted it right every time, but it’s not always that way, especially the first weekend. But this is a very successful first day, so it was a good experience.”

Due to threatening weather, the Jets practiced inside their fieldhouse at the Atlantic Health Training Center, so Sanchez had a controlled environment to toss the ball around. But he was also working with many players who don’t know this offensive system.

“Not throwing any picks, that’s a big deal. That’s a win for a quarterback any day. But we didn’t have any fumbles, either, and no false-start penalties,” he said. “Everybody was in tune and in sync. We moved the ball pretty well and had some big completions. There are always a couple of plays you want back, but I’ll see them on film and correct them.”

During 7-on-7, Sanchez unofficially completed 10 of 15 passes. That included a number of checkdowns, but there was a pretty rope to Marcus Henry (which probably would have resulted in a 60-yard TD) on a seam. Earlier in the morning session during 1-on-1 work, Sanchez got CB Marquice Cole to bite on a pump fake, giving WR Paul Raymond plenty of separation, and they nicely hooked up for a long score..

“It’s clear that he’s a talented player,” Raymond said of Sanchez. “He has a strong arm and a nice ball. It’s good just to be here getting some work in the offense along with everybody else, getting some work in and getting better as a team.”

There were a couple of occasions when Sanchez was throwing a little inside on out routes. Ryan wants to see those balls in a different location. Otherwise, there will be turnovers.

“On those comebacks now, you have to throw the ball more to the outside, more so on this level, especially because it will be a boomerang and it will come right back at you,” he said.

You know Sanchez will make the adjustments necessary because he is a perfectionist. At an early age he learned from his father, Nick Sanchez, that he would only succeed if he could deal with adversity, and the Jets are already challenging the former Trojan.

“When you would shoot free throws or you were running routes, my dad would hold up fingers and make you see the fingers to go through your reads correctly,” he said. “[Brian] Schottenheimer was holding up fingers over here, knowing that we’re going to our second read and we have to drop back and look at our first read to make it real, and then say 'OK, he’s holding up five' and throw to the backside.”

After watching Sanchez throw for a couple of minutes, you can appreciate his attention to detail. Even if there is no defender in play, he looks off an imaginary safety in one direction before coming back and delivering a toss in another.

In addition to calling an offensive unit meeting last night, Sanchez hosted an individual practice in his own room.

“I’m practicing play calls in the mirror last night in the hotel, just so I can see it and hear what it sounds like to me, and just keep reviewing, keep studying and bring guys along with me,” he said.

Don’t clear out a space in Canton just yet for Sanchez. The regular season doesn’t begin until September and there will be so much to prove even before then. But he’s made a wonderful first impression with his new team.

“He’s just himself out there. With all the cameras and with all the media and with everything else here, it never bothered him one bit,” Ryan said. “He’s just stepping in there and he doesn’t know any different, and that’s why I think we have the right guy.”
                        From our website.

I GOT CHILLS :D
                        Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• I know its still very early but maybe I was wrong on Sanchez. He looks like the real deal.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I know its still very early but maybe I was wrong on Sanchez. He looks like the real deal.
                            To be fair, that's how it always feels. It's how I feel now. We'll certainly see though, hopefully he plays out. His charisma and work ethic are certainly helping to sell me on his ability to pan out though.

Comment

• http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09...s&confirm=true

same story basically

that sounds very very impressive

Comment

• Big Star Ledger article today about Jamal Westerman. Rex Ryan has has only good things to say about him adjusting to playing in coverage. Basically, he is currently proving me wrong when I said I can't imagine him playing in coverage. I guess I couldn't imagine it because he had never done it before.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information