X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just made this if anybody wants it

Sig by Me

Comment

• FoxSports is reporting that Favre is meeting with Brad Childress. From a Jets perspective I don't care, I was for him coming to town but it didnt work out. However, I think if I were a Packers fan I would feel betrayed. Yes it did not end well in Green Bay but jeez they were pretty good to him for all of those years. I understand wanting to come back last year, but to work your way back to a dreaded rival is bush league.

Jackie Robinson retired rather than be traded to the Giants while Favre is pulling all of the strings to go to the Vikes. I am not sure what the Packers fans think of it but I would be disapointed.
      J. MESS

Comment

• REX RYAN TRANSCRIPT

On if anyone jumped out at him today…

I spent some time with the offensive line today. Bill Callahan jumped out at me today (laughter). What a great teacher he is. I like some of the guys down there. I saw our big draft choice, the kid from Nebraska (Matt Slauson). I was reading a bio on him the other day; I guess he was All-Conference for three years. That is saying something out there. He is a big man. A normal size person to me is 6-3, 280, I don’t think that is what it is out in the public, but you are around him and you’re like ‘How big is that kid?’ He is like 6-9, 350. Are you kidding me (laughs)?

It was good to watch them really work. That offensive line is so much of your character as a football team. I love the way Callahan coaches. He is a tough guy and he really makes those guys work. They are not just eating the grass, they are really working out there.
        I just thought this was kind of funny. It's almost like he knows as much about these guys as us. One good thing to take away from that though is that, just like he said originally, it's a real team effort with the coaching staff and Tannenbaum (and presumably the scouting department).
        Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• Originally posted by thetedginnshow View Post
          I just thought this was kind of funny. It's almost like he knows as much about these guys as us.
          I think that's just how he wants himself to come off to the media. He just likes to play around with them. You're right though, it seems like our entire front office is in unison right now and everything is going in the right direction. I cant wait for this season!

Comment

• This might be old news but I just read that Kareem Brown was moved to TE. He is 295 lbs. He seems a little bit big. I hope he is in there for run blocking purposes only.
            Last edited by Hurricanes25; 05-05-2009, 08:19 PM.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
              This might be old news but I just read that Kareem Brown was moved to TE. He is 195 lbs. He seems a little bit big. I hope he is in there for run blocking purposes only.
              I'm pretty sure they said he was at like 265.
              Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• Originally posted by thetedginnshow View Post
                I'm pretty sure they said he was at like 265.
                195 was a typo. I just read that he is 295. That might be old but 265 is a more reasonable size for a TE.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• http://jettingaroundwithlisaz.blogsp...eem-brown.html

Comment

• An interesting rumour on Yahoo (which is an extremely unreliable location, but let me just bring it up) whereby the Browns and Jets are discussing a Thomas Jones and Braylon Edwards (other peices would obviously be involved) are being swapped.

With the drafting of Greene and the missing of a WR, what are people's thoughts on this. Obviously, we would be giving up a high draft pick or two also, as no one in their right mind will trade for an aged RB for a young #1 WR. But what are people's thoughts? Mangini could use this as another means of acquiring guys he likes from the team, or some additional draft picks. Obviously, getting a guy like Edwards would be great for the Jets, getting them that #1 WR, but i don't see all that much reason from the Browns point of view.

won't happen, but thought i'd bring up some crap to talk about the Jets....

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
                    You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

• I would do the trade straight up but I rather not give up any future picks(especially in the 1st 4 rounds).

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• I don't think a Jones-Edwards straight up trade would happen. Although after that deal the Browns took to trade back in the draft and let us get Sanchez who knows. As long as it's not Jones and a future 1st i would love the trade. Edwards is a top 10 WR with great talent, he does have some issues with drops but not enough to completely scare someone away.

Comment

• Originally posted by msolimani View Post
                          Edwards is a top 10 WR with great talent, he does have some issues with drops but not enough to completely scare someone away.

Terrell Owens
                          Randy Moss
                          Larry Fitzgerald
                          Anquan Boldin
                          Roddy White
                          Chad OchoCinco
                          T.J. Houshmandzadeh
                          Calvin Johnson
                          Steve Smith
                          Reggie Wayne
                          Brandon Marshall
                          Dwayne Bowe
                          Greg Jennings
                          Marques Colston
                          Andre Johnson

and when he's not shooting himself in the foot, Plaxico Burress

They're better than the league leader in dropped passes.

You could make the argument for some other receivers too.

A future first straight up for Braylon Edwards is not worth it, much less a pro bowl running back and a future first.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crickett View Post
                            Terrell Owens
                            Randy Moss
                            Larry Fitzgerald
                            Anquan Boldin
                            Roddy White
                            Chad OchoCinco
                            T.J. Houshmandzadeh
                            Calvin Johnson
                            Steve Smith
                            Reggie Wayne
                            Brandon Marshall
                            Dwayne Bowe
                            Greg Jennings
                            Marques Colston
                            Andre Johnson

and when he's not shooting himself in the foot, Plaxico Burress

They're better than the league leader in dropped passes.

You could make the argument for some other receivers too.

A future first straight up for Braylon Edwards is not worth it, much less a pro bowl running back and a future first.
                            I think youre forgetting how dominant he was two years ago when he racked up 80 catches and 16 TD's. When he's playing at the height of his game he is a Top 10 WR. I'll agree he has to be more consistent to prove he is Top 10 worthy on a yearly basis, but maybe he just needs a change of scenery.

If your going to judge him based on all of his drops last year(which I acknowledged above was a problem) that would be a little unfair just because of how horrendous the entire Cleveland Browns franchise was last year. It was a forgettable year all around for them.

A 1st of any sort would be a lot for him but you could say that for a lot of guys on that list(T.O., Ochocinco, Houshmanzadeh, Jennings, and Colston)

Comment

• Originally posted by msolimani View Post
                              A 1st of any sort would be a lot for him but you could say that for a lot of guys on that list(T.O., Ochocinco, Houshmanzadeh, Jennings, and Colston)
                              A first for a guy like T.O. OchoCinco and Houshmandzadeh would be a lot, but that has more to do with off the field concerns and/or their respective ages. All are on the wrong side of 30. Colston or Jennings, a 1st for 'em in a heartbeat without thinking twice.

Judging Edwards on his best year is a bit irresponsible considering...... he's only had one really good year. I mean, I did leave Roy Williams off the list for a reason.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crickett View Post
                                A first for a guy like T.O. OchoCinco and Houshmandzadeh would be a lot, but that has more to do with off the field concerns and/or their respective ages. All are on the wrong side of 30. Colston or Jennings, a 1st for 'em in a heartbeat without thinking twice.

Judging Edwards on his best year is a bit irresponsible considering...... he's only had one really good year. I mean, I did leave Roy Williams off the list for a reason.
                                No way I give up a 1st for Colston or Jennings. Not even if I have more than one to give away. Colston's not exactly the prime example for consistency either, he had one solid year that got blown out of proportion because of where he came from, one awesome year, and then theres last year which was a big let down for fantasy owners everywhere.

Anyway, all I was trying to say was that I think Edwards would thrive with a change of scenery. But it should be at the right price, I also think giving up a 1st for him would be a bad move. But it has nothing to do with his talent(drafted 3rd overall shows he has the talent), it has to do with his inconsistency.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information