This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by josh07039 View Post
    Well, I hate you all with a passion for disrespecting Brian Leonard while he was on your team, then trading him to the Cinci of all places.

Derza, you're a cinci fan. Whats his role looking like next year?
    Not my fault he couldn't stay healthy or beat our Antonio Pittman.
    | Hawkeyes || Rams || Lakers || Braves || Avalanche |

Comment

• Originally posted by HawkeyeFan View Post
      Not my fault he couldn't stay healthy or beat our Antonio Pittman.
      The getting hurt part is true. However, beating out Antonio Pittman is the Rams fault. They have been crappy talent evaluators on many occasions and that was one of them. Not using him was the decision of a coach that has an 11-25 record and has since been fired for incompetence. He refused to use Leonard even though he is really versatile. Not even as a receiver. A smart team has him getting carries as a backup, catching the ball out of the backfield, and even occasionally lining up at tight end. Hopefully the Bengals will recognize his skill set and actually use him.

Comment

• Seems like Rexy loves Westerman. They've got him learning ILB in addition to OLB already. Seems like by far our top UDFA at the moment. Also kind of cool, right now they have defensive packages for Carrol and Ihedigbo. And Gholston got some praise, nothing major, but praise, from Ryan also.

Comment

• Originally posted by derza222 View Post
          Seems like Rexy loves Westerman. They've got him learning ILB in addition to OLB already. Seems like by far our top UDFA at the moment. Also kind of cool, right now they have defensive packages for Carrol and Ihedigbo. And Gholston got some praise, nothing major, but praise, from Ryan also.
          The only UDFA I really, really care about is Southerland. He is a hell of a blocker and could start for us down the road.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VhmOJ8kpF8
          Last edited by 'cuse-213; 05-22-2009, 11:20 AM.

Comment

• http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns

It says that Rhodes wasnt involved but I hope the article is right. Im going to admit that I was holding my breath while reading this.
            Last edited by Hurricanes25; 05-25-2009, 07:31 PM.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
              http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns

It says that Rhodes wasnt involved but I hope ithe article is right. Im going to admit that I was holding my breath while reading this.
              Happy birthday there. You're blessed with the birthday the day after mine!
              Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• He better not be......don't know what else to say.

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
                You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

• So how is Rex's defense looking so far? What all do you expect from it? Hate to say it but I really like this coaching staff and I think the Jets will have one damn good defense.

Props to fenikz on the awesome sig

Comment

• Originally posted by derza222 View Post
                    Seems like Rexy loves Westerman. They've got him learning ILB in addition to OLB already. Seems like by far our top UDFA at the moment. Also kind of cool, right now they have defensive packages for Carrol and Ihedigbo. And Gholston got some praise, nothing major, but praise, from Ryan also.
                    What do you mean by that? Packages specifically designed to get them on the field? Cause that wouldn't really be a bad thing. If we could utilize Carroll's speed on the defense side as well as special teams.
                    Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

• Originally posted by Da-Phins View Post
                      So how is Rex's defense looking so far? What all do you expect from it? Hate to say it but I really like this coaching staff and I think the Jets will have one damn good defense.
                      It supposedly looks really, really good in practice right now. So we'll see. Supposedly things are moving a lot faster than they thought and things are getting installed pretty quickly. I'm pretty excited about everything, hopefully it'll be a very effective defense.

Originally posted by TimDris View Post
                      What do you mean by that? Packages specifically designed to get them on the field? Cause that wouldn't really be a bad thing. If we could utilize Carroll's speed on the defense side as well as special teams.
                      I guess that's the idea, Ryan commented on it in one of his pressers but didn't go much into detail. I presume they're specific packages to take advantage of certain abilities that players have, like Carroll's speed like you said. The quote's below.

Originally posted by Rex Ryan
                      We have a great group of talented players and I think with Mike [Pettine] and all the other defensive coaches, I think they are doing a good job of teaching and finding out what our players can do and what they can do best. They are already mixing in certain packages. We have a package for "Batman" [Ahmad Carroll], we have a package for "Dig" [James Ihedigbo] and all these other guys and itís fun to watch them.
                      http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/arti...ews-conference

Comment

• We cut Southerland. He must've really not shown a lot, unless we happen to be signing him to the practice squad a lot later which I kind of doubt. Good to see Leon and TJ back in the fold though. Hopefully this a sign of Leon getting his new contract and TJ... accepting his fate.
                        Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• Im kind of dissapointed that we cut Southerland. I thought for sure that he would be our future at FB.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by thetedginnshow View Post
                            We cut Southerland. He must've really not shown a lot, unless we happen to be signing him to the practice squad a lot later which I kind of doubt. Good to see Leon and TJ back in the fold though. Hopefully this a sign of Leon getting his new contract and TJ... accepting his fate.
                            That or its a major vote of confidence for Caulcrick. I thought Southerland would get more of a shot though. Definitely agreed on the second part.

Comment

• here’s what the Jets must do to be considered a playoff contender for a preseason poll: Rent a time machine and dial it back to the Bill Parcells era.
                              http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afceast/0...-doorstep.html

Bulletin board!

Comment

• ''People don't look at us as a contender and don't respect us like they should,'' Crowder said. ''Guys were telling me how weak our schedule was, how we got lucky and won a lot of close games. . . . The Patriots say they're the team to beat, but we're AFC East champions.'' Crowder said the Jets' brashness is ''amazing to me.'' Jets safety Kerry Rhodes said on Twitter that ''we will be the best defense in the league! I feel for the offenses we are gonna face.'' Jets coach Rex Ryan also spoke boldly.

''They're still talking junk, Rex Ryan saying they're the toughest team in the NFL,'' Crowder said. ``They got a quarterback, but I don't know how you add toughness with a quarterback [rookie Mark Sanchez]. If they want to be the OTA champions, they can have it. We whupped them last year.''

Sanchez posed in GQ ''talking on the phone,'' Crowder said. ''That was very soft-ish.'' Crowder said Rhodes ''should worry about his own [off-field] problems'' -- police are investigating a rape of a woman at Rhodes' home, but Rhodes is not a suspect.

In contrast to Sanchez, Crowder said Chad Henne ''is not going to get in GQ and do a spread. Chad Pennington is the same way. I like [Henne's] swag -- Ronnie Brown and I were talking about that. He has that cool, calm that Tom Brady and Peyton Manning have. His arm is ridiculously strong. He'll be a great quarterback.''
                                http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/fo...y/1085290.html

Ryan didn't wait to address the remarks. In fact, in his just-concluded presser following a mini-camp practice - and with his father, former Eagles and Cardinals coach Buddy Ryan sitting in on the press conference - Rex Ryan brought the Crowder comments up before anyone asked.

"I don’t know this Channing Crowder," Ryan said. "All I know is that he’s all tatted up. He’s right about one thing. I’m a first-time head coach, but I’ve been around the game all my life. I'm no different than I’ver ever been, just that more people are listening."

Ryan's take on Crowder saying you don't win in June?

"I think he’s wrong," Ryan said. "You do win in June. You win with your preparation. If it was younger, I’d handle him myself. He’s a good player and all that kind of stuff and it is fun to ruffle some feathers. I’ve got no problem doing that. I’m confident in our football team. I'm confident in myself, the players, the coaches and the entire organization. That’s why I say the things I say. I make no apologies for any of those types of things."

More Rex:

"I know one thing. Our football team is going to be prepared and we're’ going to play our tails off and we’re going to give everything we got. If people have trouble with it, live with it, because it's gonna happen."

Asked if Ryan was providing additional motivation for teams with his boastful comments, he said: "If that motivation is going to get them an edge, if they need that, fine. They're going to get 100 percent of what we have. We’ll see if that’s good enough."

On the Belichick comment about not kissing the Patriots coach's three Super Bowl rings: "I'm nog going to concede anything. I’m not inidimidated by him or anyone else in this business, period. Our football lteam certainly won't be intimidated either. If there are issues with that, so be it."
                                http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/fo...down_from.html

I love Rex. And now I hate Crowder.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information