This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Crickett View Post
    You guys might think I'm crazy, but going into the offseason, I really think the Jets biggest need is NT. The defense has just not been the same since the force of nature that is Kris Jenkins went on IR.
    I do see where you're coming from, so I can't say I really think you're crazy. But at the same time, I'm not sure that I really believe the Jets biggest need is NT. You could make the case for a lot of positions, as you know. But there is not a Pro Bowl player at any of those positions (or at least not two for those that need two starters).

Yes, Jenkins has trouble staying healthy. But as long as he's on the team, our need there is really for a second string guy. If he's not there it's far and away the #1 need, but with him here there are other positions that certainly need more help.

That said, I would take a guy like Cody in the mid-first if he's there as I said a page ago. It's just so hard to find a NT so it gets treated like a bigger need than it is. Plus when Jenks is healthy he can probably play some DE in this scheme anyway because he's such a ridiculous athlete.

Comment

• I think finding a DE versatile enough for this defense is a major need, as well as a 2nd corner. I'm not a big Lito hater but the fact is that he has trouble staying on the field and when he is on the field he has been getting beat or called for pass interference. Lowery looked pretty bad early on as well when Garrard was throwing at him. Other than those two positions I don't see any real weaknesses on this team. I just hope Sanchez develops quick enough for this team to make a run because this team is built to win now.

Comment

You guys might think I'm crazy, but going into the offseason, I really think the Jets biggest need is NT. The defense has just not been the same since the force of nature that is Kris Jenkins went on IR.
        I agree that NT is a big need. With Jenkins coming off a surgery, we really need to start looking to the future. Who knows if Jenkins will return to form, and even if he does, it is time to find someone that can spell him and hopefully take his place in a few years. Jenkins is on the wrong side of thirty and has had issues with weight/work ethic in the past which could hurt his recovery. I'm not saying Jenkins won't return to form, but it is time to start thinking about the future.

While NT is a huge need, I think multiple positions on both lines would be fine as well.

Comment

• There has been a war of words going on between Revis and Moss this past week. I hope Revis backs up his talk and shuts him down again.

Im not even concerned about Moss. Welker is the guy who scares me.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• As far as i can tell, Moss doesn't have a whole lot to talk about in the matchup after the last few matchups between the two. Probab;y figures 3rd times a charm.

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
            You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

• Besides Revis, Ellis, and Harris, that was horrible. I didn't think that Sanchez could top that Buffalo game but he just did. Sanchez's accuracy was awful as he was not even close on most of the passes. Then you add that to the poor decision making, you get 5 turnovers.

The season is pretty much over. Im just looking foward to the draft.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
                Besides Revis, Ellis, and Harris, that was horrible.
                I didn't even watch the game. My spider sense was tingling before the game and I just knew it was going to be bad.

Comment

I didn't even watch the game. My spider sense was tingling before the game and I just knew it was going to be bad.
                  I was almost in the same boat. Mostly because I had a lot of work to do, though I did flick it on in the second half and was lucky enough to witness a couple of picks by Sanchez. Hopefully the gym rat mentality really pays off this offseason because while he looked great early on in the year it's pretty clear he has a ways to go, and this franchise really needs him to pan out.

Comment

• Before I go into what Im about to say, let me just say that this is the reason why everyone hates the Patriots. Late in the 4th, the Pats had the ball and all they had to do was sit on it or run the ball and milk the clock. By this time, the Jets had stopped using there timeouts and basically just told the Pats, ok, you win. But what do the Pats do, they take a shot into the endzone. They are ******* unbelievable.
                    Last edited by Hurricanes25; 11-23-2009, 03:34 PM.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
                      Before I go into what Im about to say, let me just say that this is the reason why everyone hates the Patriots. Late in the 4th, the Pats had the ball and all they had to do was sit on it or run the ball and milk the clock. By this time, the Jets had stopped using there timeouts and basically just told the Pats, ok, you win. But what do the Pats do, they take a shot into the endzone. They are ******* unbelievable.
                      While it was a douchey ass move, Revis still had Moss blanketed :)

Sig by Me

Comment

• Originally posted by JETS5128 View Post
                        While it was a douchey ass move, Revis still had Moss blanketed :)
                        That was one of the only positives I could actually take away from that game.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• This team is unique ill give them that. They have to be the only team in the league that has lost games because of special teams, defense, and offense. When we play a complete game in all phases of the game its scary how good we can play. But it seems whenever the O steps up the D lets them down giving up a last minute drive(Jax and Miami) or when the D steps up the O (mainly Sanchez) lets them down.

Comment

• Originally posted by msolimani View Post
                            This team is unique ill give them that. They have to be the only team in the league that has lost games because of special teams, defense, and offense. When we play a complete game in all phases of the game its scary how good we can play. But it seems whenever the O steps up the D lets them down giving up a last minute drive(Jax and Miami) or when the D steps up the O (mainly Sanchez) lets them down.
                            You're right on. It's a shame that one of the 3 phases keeps letting the team down every week. It's frustrating. We can be very dangerous if they all show up to play. But it's too late now. Season is over.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• why must the jets break my heart every season??
                              Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

• Originally posted by TimDris View Post
                                why must the jets break my heart every season??
                                That's what the Jets do best.

And where have you been?

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information