Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think our only shot is through wildcard which is why I didn't know what to cheer for in the MIA-NE game. Now we find ourselves in 3rd but only one game back. Problem is we are pretty low on the tiebreaker ladder compared to other contending teams. We're going to need a lot of help from teams like Balt, Jax, and Mia to get in. But in a weird way I like our chances.

I'm hoping the Colts have nothing to play for in Week 16 but I wouldn't count us out even if they are still undefeated. I really liked what I saw from Sanchez against the Bills(minus that severe overthrow of Cotchery) and I think he might finally be progressing. I think in that game he found the perfect medium of scaling it back to prevent 5 picks while still being able to make some plays. I hope this knee sprain isn't too bad because I can't watch anymore Kellen Clemens, that was rough.

Comment

• Sanchez is out against the Bucs

Sig by Me

Comment

• Originally posted by JETS5128 View Post
        Sanchez is out against the Bucs

Eh, I'm not worried and I don't think Sanchez would be out if the coaching staff didn't think Clemens could beat the 1-11 Tampa Bay Buccaneers. And by Clemens I mean Thomas Jones and Shonn Greene.

The Jets have the #4 rushing offense in the league and the Buccaneers have the second worst rushing defense in the league.
        Last edited by Crickett; 12-09-2009, 03:32 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JETS5128 View Post
          Sanchez is out against the Bucs

Hopefully practicing with the 1's all week will turn him into a different QB. Last week he couldn't take a snap and just run a simple 4 minute offense. We should still win big but something about Clemens worries me.

Comment

• Originally posted by msolimani View Post
            Hopefully practicing with the 1's all week will turn him into a different QB. Last week he couldn't take a snap and just run a simple 4 minute offense. We should still win big but something about Clemens worries me.
            His apparent inability to remember what to do with the football once he drops back to pass?

Comment

• I don't think Clemens will have a problem. He's getting a full week of practice with the starters and Rex and Schotty will actually let him play this week unlike last week when they told him to go out and just don't lose the game. Plus, this is Tampa and as Crickett pointed out it will be our rushing attack against ther run defense. The Jets should not have a problem running the ball. And Clemens knows this is pretty much an audition for next year with hopes of starting for somebody else.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• If you are looking ahead to the future or looking for a playoff berth, having Clemens play against the Bucs isn't the worst thing in the world. As you guys have said, the Bucs are terrible against the run. Whether it was Sanchez or Clemens, it is clear that the coaches wouldn't have any confidence in the teams ability to throw the ball, so either way it would have been all about the run. If Clemens can play and look decent, he may be able to get his trade value up.

Comment

• whats going on with Kerry Rhodes? i used to really like him... i have his jersey. i wouldnt be surprised to see him moved this year.
                  Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

• Originally posted by TimDris View Post
                    whats going on with Kerry Rhodes? i used to really like him... i have his jersey. i wouldnt be surprised to see him moved this year.
                    According to his twitter, it sounds like he doesn't want to be here. It would be a shame to because if he ever plays up to his potential, he can be a pro bowler.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• I think Ryan really buys into having unity as a team and Rhodes just doesn't fit into that with the way he's been acting recently. Definitely agree that he might be gone this offseason...I just hope that if they decide to dump him he's traded and we can get something in return instead of having him cut outright. Bummer because I was a big fan of his and have his jersey as well...actually the only current Jet I've got.

Wonder if that would open up FS as another need or if Smith would continue to start. There are enough positions that need a look this coming draft. Would make Taylor Mays slipping or Earl Thomas coming out a lot more interesting though...

Comment

• Originally posted by derza222 View Post
                        I think Ryan really buys into having unity as a team and Rhodes just doesn't fit into that with the way he's been acting recently. Definitely agree that he might be gone this offseason...I just hope that if they decide to dump him he's traded and we can get something in return instead of having him cut outright.
                        I agree, its a complete surprise to me because I always thought of Rhodes as a team type of guy but from what I've been reading lately he's been a big baby. I think once he got paid he started to focus a little less on the game and a little more on off the field activities. I too have his jersey and would like to see this get worked out but its not looking promising.

Comment

• Kerry "Hollywood" Rhodes is all about him and that showed as soon as he got his big contract.

He is just one of those players who takes it to heart what his fans say. He has been quoted on twitter saying that "NY is a great place to live and an OK place to play."

I really cannot stand the guy. He was bitching a few weeks ago about how if the Jets don't like him pursuing an acting/modeling career than they should help pay his bills etc. (i'm paraphrasing) Last time I checked, he signed a 33 million dollar paycheck, with 20 million guaranteed. What the hell kinds of bills can't that pay??

This is the #1 reason that Revis and him are no buddy buddy. Revis takes football seriously, whereas Hollywood is a joker.

That having been said, I wouldn't mind seeing him moved for a solid draft pick. The one thing about Rex' scheme, is that he is able to maximize the potential out of anyone who wants to play football. Ie. Devito, Douglas, Green and Pouha. Ever since Big Jenks went down, our defense hasn't really skipped a beat. I'd even argue that it's gotten stronger. I see no reason Eric Smith or a draftee couldn't fill Kerry's shoes. It's a shame to, because he has the ability to be playing in hawaii...err miami is it now??
                          Last edited by BroadwayJoe10; 12-14-2009, 12:09 AM.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

• Clemens is going to be a beast in the UFL next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by gsorace View Post
                              Clemens is going to be a beast in the UFL next year.
                              If Bollinger can win a MVP in the UFL, Clemens could make it into the UFL Hall of Fame.

But seriously, Clemens was not good at all yesterday but I think a large part of it was due to rust. On some of the throws he was missing by a lot and I know he ain't that bad. Sanchez should be ready to go so to all of the Clemens haters, don't worry.

And on the Rhodes situation, he is still one of my favorute players but he needs a serious attitude adjustment. On all 3 of picks this year, he walks around afterwards with some sort of swagger. Come on now, he is playing like ****. If we replace him, I think we need to draft somebody. Smith is more of an in the box saftey and I dont think he has made much plays in the defensive backfield.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Clemens sucks so bad. It was painful watching him play.

I love Rex's schemes. Its almost like you don't even need pass rushers. He manufactures a pass rush on his own.

Me and my brother were talking about this earlier, and i wanna ask you guys this question:

What do the Jets address in the draft? I can't think of any "pressing" need right now on the team.

Is it BPA? The team is aging, and can use some youth in several positions, but there is no singular position that screams upgrade. They Jets are pretty much a complete team.

They just have to play like it now. But on paper, theyre complete.

I think if you keep Edwards, WR is set. Youre set at TE. Oline is fine for the immediate future, you can use some youth to develop, but you don't need an immediate starter.

Qb and RB is fine.

Defensively, you can use a pass rusher, but the way Rex draws up the blitz, it doesn't really matter. Dline is a need on paper, but I think your line is underrated, it performs very well despite any name talent.

ILB is set.

CB is fine, although it wouldn't be a bad idea to grab a CB. Safety is fine if Rhodes gets his act together.

So whats it gonna be? I can't figure it out right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information