Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New York Jets Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by jmess15 View Post
    provided we win, I hope he does score a TD, and sit on the goal post, that would be a guaranteed suspension for the following week.
    That would be awesome.

    I can't ******* wait until Sunday night. The energy in the stadium will be electric considering all of the circumstances. Should be one hell of a game.

    Sig by BoneKrusher

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
      That would be awesome.

      I can't ******* wait until Sunday night. The energy in the stadium will be electric considering all of the circumstances. Should be one hell of a game.
      i was going to make an effort to go to the game until i looked at the weather... so i'll be enjoying myself in my nice warm house haha
      Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

      Comment


      • The Bills are expected to interview Schottenheimer for their head coaching job. For the sake of our offense, I hope he gets offered the job and hopefully he takes it.

        Sig by BoneKrusher

        Comment


        • Unbelievable. In the playoffs. Going into this game i thought that getting in would be enough, but after tonights showing I would be really dissapointed if we didn't put up a good fight next week



          Sig by Me

          Comment


          • Originally posted by JETS5128 View Post
            Unbelievable. In the playoffs. Going into this game i thought that getting in would be enough, but after tonights showing I would be really dissapointed if we didn't put up a good fight next week
            After the cluster ******* that went on, I will actually be disappointed if we don't get into the second round. I never thought I'd be saying that, but with as good as our running game and defense were this week, I think we should be able to win.

            Comment


            • I realize there was no impetus for the Bengals to win yesterday, but yeah, that was a drubbing.

              I'd be disappointed if the Jets don't get into the second round, but I wouldn't expect much more than that.

              Man, if only Kris Jenkins hadn't gotten hurt. :( :( :(

              Comment


              • Gotta agree with everyone else, if we don't win next week, it'll be pretty disappointing. An NFL team can look vastly different from one week to the next, but at least I suspect it will be a very close game.

                The Bengals have only won one game by more than 10 points, which means they aren't scoring enough or just let teams hang around. Of those 9 wins, 6 of them are by a td or less. With our defense and the way our running game as been rounding into shape, this is going to be close. Cannot wait.

                "When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

                Comment


                • Awesome win. Im on board with everybody else. We need to win next week. Getting in is just not good enough. I think we'll win but it should be a great and close game. That was not Cincy's best effort and obviously they'll come up with a gameplan for next week. With that being said, we still dominated them physically which is the reason why I have full confidence in the Jets winning over the Bungles again on Saturday. They know what we will be doing but the question is, Can they stop it?

                  Sig by BoneKrusher

                  Comment


                  • Wow, our 2 rookies played out of thier minds tonight. Shonn Greene ran all over the Bungles and even showed some speed. I was really impressed. Sanchez's best game as a pro easily. He was sensational. He had 3 incompletions and two of them were drops. He made some plays when we needed them.

                    It's about time keller had a big game. He can be a big part of our offense if we get the ball in his hands.

                    Our pass defense was phenominal. Revis is GOD.

                    Now the bad. Benson ran all over us and we need to fix that. Im not too concerned about that next week because San Diego and Indy are pass first teams.

                    Braylon needs to go. I do not want to see him in a Jets uniform next year.

                    I think the end is near for TJ. He has been pretty bad over the past month or so. His age is catching up with him.

                    Sig by BoneKrusher

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
                      Wow, our 2 rookies played out of thier minds tonight. Shonn Greene ran all over the Bungles and even showed some speed. I was really impressed. Sanchez's best game as a pro easily. He was sensational. He had 3 incompletions and two of them were drops. He made some plays when we needed them.

                      It's about time keller had a big game. He can be a big part of our offense if we get the ball in his hands.

                      Our pass defense was phenominal. Revis is GOD.

                      Now the bad. Benson ran all over us and we need to fix that. Im not too concerned about that next week because San Diego and Indy are pass first teams.

                      Braylon needs to go. I do not want to see him in a Jets uniform next year.

                      I think the end is near for TJ. He has been pretty bad over the past month or so. His age is catching up with him.
                      My thoughts:

                      Sanchez played really well and if not for a drop from Keller and a drop from Edwards, he would have been 14-15 for over 200 yards and 2 touchdowns.

                      Schotty showed me something. The few plays with Sanchez rolling out were really nice. Schotty showed how he should have been using Keller all year.

                      Shonn Greene was phenomenal, he showed an explosiveness that TJ really lacks. Maybe its time to see if hehas value despite his age. I know TJ had a great year, but he came up really small today and is on the wrong side of 30.

                      Revis got called for a few ******** penalties today. He did a phenomenal job all game except a few plays when he was playing off of chad late. I really think it is very hard to argue who is the best corner in football.

                      It is troubling how little pressure this team can generate without bringing the house. Even with Jenkins gone, it really is a huge need to get some pass rushing talent. I'm starting to think more and more that regardless of position, our biggest need is to bring in some pass rushing talent. **** Vern.

                      I mostly agree about Braylon, his ******** has gotten old, fast. I'm not saying he has behaved wrong or hasn't worked hard, I just can't tolerate how inconsistent his hands are. However, if he can be had for cheap, I think it's worth it to risk it on his talent.

                      Even though Kerry did start and look like he was flying around a bit, getting his helmet in their on hits, he still doesn't seem to be making the impact he used to. Not really sure what the deal is with him, I thought he would thrive under Ryan. I hope the team keeps him and gives him another year to turn up the intensity again because he can be great when he wants to.

                      Obviously no one wants to hear this but imagine how awesome it would be if we were in this position with Leon and Jenkins healthy? While there are teams that have had more injuries, the Jets really got screwed this year. How many other teams can say that they lost their most dominant/important/irreplaceable defensive player and their most explosive weapon on offense/special teams.

                      While the Jets have done a phenomenal job covering this year, mostly thanks to people get stranded on Revis island, the Jets could use a bit more talent in the secondary. Lowery got beaten badly by LC on tons of plays.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by josh07039 View Post
                        I mostly agree about Braylon, his ******** has gotten old, fast. I'm not saying he has behaved wrong or hasn't worked hard, I just can't tolerate how inconsistent his hands are. However, if he can be had for cheap, I think it's worth it to risk it on his talent.

                        From kffl
                        Jets | Hoping to re-sign Edwards in offseason
                        Tue, 10 Nov 2009 08:22:06 -0800

                        Dave Hutchinson, of The Star-Ledger, reports the New York Jets have been pleased with WR Braylon Edwards on and off the field thus far and are hoping to re-sign him this offseason. Edwards will be a restricted free agent after the season minus a new Collective Bargaining Agreement. Edwards is expected to seek a long-term deal in the neighborhood of $9 million per season. However, as a restricted free agent, the Jets could play hard ball and sign Edwards to a one-year, $5.5 million deal and retain his rights. "I think when Braylon came here he was looking for a fresh start," general manager Mike Tannenbaum said. "We had a great talk and he has really lived up to what we talked about. We're really happy with him both on and off the field. Braylon is a part of our team now and we expect him to be in the future. After the season, we'll sit down and talk. We hope he's with us for years to come."

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Crickett View Post
                          From kffl
                          Jets | Hoping to re-sign Edwards in offseason
                          Tue, 10 Nov 2009 08:22:06 -0800

                          Dave Hutchinson, of The Star-Ledger, reports the New York Jets have been pleased with WR Braylon Edwards on and off the field thus far and are hoping to re-sign him this offseason. Edwards will be a restricted free agent after the season minus a new Collective Bargaining Agreement. Edwards is expected to seek a long-term deal in the neighborhood of $9 million per season. However, as a restricted free agent, the Jets could play hard ball and sign Edwards to a one-year, $5.5 million deal and retain his rights. "I think when Braylon came here he was looking for a fresh start," general manager Mike Tannenbaum said. "We had a great talk and he has really lived up to what we talked about. We're really happy with him both on and off the field. Braylon is a part of our team now and we expect him to be in the future. After the season, we'll sit down and talk. We hope he's with us for years to come."
                          5-6 mil a year is cool and for years i'd say under 3.

                          Comment


                          • So on to San Diego next week. I don't expect a win but we definitely match up pretty well. They have an incredibly suspect run d which we should be able to take advantage of. It should be interesting to see if San Diego will be able to work their down field passing attack against the pressure Rex will bring. If Sanchez plays well this will be a close game



                            Sig by Me

                            Comment


                            • Awesome game all around played by the Jets. I didn't hear who got the game balls this week, but it seemed like so many players deserved it. Awesome play by the OL, Cotchery was clutch the entire game.

                              The Jets have the best CB in the game right now, it really is fun to watch a guy like Revis play.

                              I can't tell you how upset I was when Edwards dropped that TD pass, but I know you all felt the same emotion I was feeling. I am becoming less enthusiastic about giving him anything more then another one year signing. He hasn't been a Jet very long, and he already has the most TD receptions of any Jet this entire year. I still think his presence can really help Sanchez's development... assuming he is the receiver the Jets organization thought he was when we traded for him. He has shown he can be.

                              The Jets are going against arguably the hottest team in the NFL next week. I honestly believed before the Jets first played the Bengals that they were a better team, but now I feel that the Jets are probably the underdogs the rest of the way.

                              Also did you guys see that 5 page thread in the NFL forum about Ryan saying his team should win it all? LOL, I can't believe some fans are getting so riled up and annoyed about it. Give me a break! Ryan has done a great job so far, and he talks trash. Big deal.

                              Comment


                              • Don't get me started on Braylon Edwards. He's done nothing to justify the contract he's said to be seeking. Pretty much everything I have to say about him is negative. Talk about a guy who can kill my mojo.

                                Thomas Jones has been a good soldier, but I think Greene and Washington can do the trick going forward. Shonn has shown to be a true bruiser who can punish a defense. Leon is that perfect complement. I don't think Jones is a necessity at this point, although it is certainly not ideal to see that production go. It's really just a numbers game and identifying where you can make the space.

                                I smile when I review the young talent scattered throughout the Jets roster. Young and talented are the two words I throw out a lot.


                                Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

                                Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
                                You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information