Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First time Jets poster here because in the AFC, this is my true "sleeper" team. Outside of Jets fans, nobody thinks you're going to win, but before this crazy NFL season with every team going pass happy, defense and running the football has always been the formula to going deep in the playoffs. We will know if that formula still holds true, or if the NFL has completely evolved. I'll be rooting for you guys from Vegas!

Oh yeah, btw, anyone who has ever had B. Edwards on their fantasy football team knows how he rips your heart out. Still, I'm hoping he can reel some big catches in.
    Last edited by mellojello; 01-12-2010, 01:15 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by mellojello View Post
      First time Jets poster here because in the AFC, this is my true "sleeper" team. Outside of Jets fans, nobody thinks you're going to win, but before this crazy NFL season with every team going pass happy, defense and running the football has always been the formula to going deep in the playoffs. We will know if that formula still holds true, or if the NFL has completely evolved. I'll be rooting for you guys from Vegas!

Oh yeah, btw, anyone who has ever had B. Edwards on their fantasy football team knows how he rips your heart out. Still, I'm hoping he can reel some big catches in.
      Cheers, hopefully they meet your expectations. I'm being cautiously optimistic about this team, because I think they really do have a shot to make some noise. Just tough to really expect it, particularly as a fan and seeing how much they've screwed up over the years.

In other news, looks like Schottenheimer is staying around, won't even interview for the Buffalo job. While I don't love or hate the guy and he's had his share of ups and downs, it is definitely important to have continuity in the system for Sanchez, so looking at it from that perspective this is definitely good news.

Comment

• Originally posted by derza222 View Post
        Cheers, hopefully they meet your expectations. I'm being cautiously optimistic about this team, because I think they really do have a shot to make some noise. Just tough to really expect it, particularly as a fan and seeing how much they've screwed up over the years.

In other news, looks like Schottenheimer is staying around, won't even interview for the Buffalo job. While I don't love or hate the guy and he's had his share of ups and downs, it is definitely important to have continuity in the system for Sanchez, so looking at it from that perspective this is definitely good news.
        The things about schotty that I think is important is that it showing how everyone, including the coaches are really buying into the Jets new direction under Rex Ryan. All the players are raving about him and even schotty is excited to stay and be part of something special. I tihnk after the playoff game, I am a little happier with schotty staying because that really was a great gameplan offensively. He was able to run the ball effectively while also getting sanchez confidence without risky throws. The bootlegs to Keller and the dropped td pass by Edwards were really nicely drawn up plays. I think Schotty has the potential to turn into a good offensive coordinator.

Comment

• Originally posted by josh07039 View Post
          The things about schotty that I think is important is that it showing how everyone, including the coaches are really buying into the Jets new direction under Rex Ryan. All the players are raving about him and even schotty is excited to stay and be part of something special. I tihnk after the playoff game, I am a little happier with schotty staying because that really was a great gameplan offensively. He was able to run the ball effectively while also getting sanchez confidence without risky throws. The bootlegs to Keller and the dropped td pass by Edwards were really nicely drawn up plays. I think Schotty has the potential to turn into a good offensive coordinator.
          I definitely agree that Schotty has alot of potential. The plays he draws up are beautiful. Its his play-calling that he needs to improve on

Sig by Me

Comment

• Love/Hate with Shotty. Agree with everything said above. Continuity with the young QB. Players coaching and FANS buying into Rex.

Good times. Is it Sunday yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by derza222 View Post
              I am actually glad he is staying now. This time last year I wanted him out, but this year I think it is vital to Sanchez's (and lets face it the whole team) future for him to stick around another year or two.
              J. MESS

Comment

• Do you guys think Kerry Rhodes is on the trading block? If so what do you think it would take to get him. I recall him being benched this season and him struggling in the Jets scheme.

Comment

• Unfuckingbelievable

Sig by Me

Comment

• wowowowowoowowowwo

Amazing game played!

Comment

• Originally posted by Thumper View Post
                      Do you guys think Kerry Rhodes is on the trading block? If so what do you think it would take to get him. I recall him being benched this season and him struggling in the Jets scheme.
                      Rex Ryan just said he was "happy to have Rhodes on our side". Not that that really means anything.

Comment

• WOOOOOOOO.....What a game, BRING ON INDIANAPOLIS!!!

Comment

• And once again, the Jets back into the AFC Championship game on the coattails of Kaeding's 3 missed field goals ;)

Hell Ya babbyy!!!

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

• Originally posted by JETS5128 View Post
                            Unfuckingbelievable
                            That pretty much says it all. I still can't believe we are in the AFC Championship game!!!!

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• This is amazing. The defense is looking great, Shonn Greene is looking like he is going to be a great running back, and Sanchez is playing under control and limiting the mistakes. The one part of the game that worried me was in the fourth quarter when we ratcheted down the defensive intensity and allowed the Chargers to score that quick touchdown, but otherwise, I was really pleased overall.

I think there is definitley a chance of the upset based on how awesome the defense has been, but I wouldnt bet on it. Against the full might of the Colts offense, I feel like asking for our defense to completely shut them down is asking too much. That means that, to an extent, it will be necessary for Sanchez and the rest of the offense to keep up with the Colts offense which will be especially difficult given how good the colts d looked against the ravens.

Also, Kerry really looked like the safety we all grew to love a few years ago. He was flying all over the field and was playing agressive. That sack was just icing on the cake, reminding how awesome he is when motivated.
                              Last edited by josh07039; 01-17-2010, 09:41 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
                                That pretty much says it all. I still can't believe we are in the AFC Championship game!!!!
                                We certainly had luck (and Norv Turner) on our side today. Maybe the worm is turning after all of these years! This is only the 3rd time in the last 28 years that we have gotten this far. Gere's hoping they get past the Colts!
                                J. MESS

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information