Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn. Well it was working when I originally posted it.

The Jets are a nice team. They aren't a very good team. Congrats on beating the Pats, but I caution against getting carried away. Your defense still isn't very good, and your offense isn't scary at all. I think the Jets will play us tough as they've played everyone tough (besides the asswhooping by the Jags) but unless they really controll the ground game and create numerous turnovers (which is always very possible with Grossman) I don't think they'll win. I still personally think the Dolphins are a better team than the Jets, despite the records, but we'll see how things turn out this Sunday.

As for embaress us, that won't happen. You may beat us, but you simply don't have the talent to go out and hand it to us. Even the Cardinals are a more talented team than the Jets.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51

The Jets are a nice team. They aren't a very good team. Congrats on beating the Pats, but I caution against getting carried away. Your defense still isn't very good, and your offense isn't scary at all. I think the Jets will play us tough as they've played everyone tough (besides the asswhooping by the Jags) but unless they really controll the ground game and create numerous turnovers (which is always very possible with Grossman) I don't think they'll win. I still personally think the Dolphins are a better team than the Jets, despite the records, but we'll see how things turn out this Sunday.

As for embaress us, that won't happen. You may beat us, but you simply don't have the talent to go out and hand it to us. Even the Cardinals are a more talented team than the Jets.
      I don't see why your trying to by bringing up a team's talent. You said it yourself, tha cardinals are what, 1-8 and have supposingly have more talent then the Jets. All that matters is the score at the end of the game and nothing else.

You guys had close wins against Minnesota and Arizona while we have had close losses against the Patriots and the Colts. Personally, I think both teams are greatly benefiting from the two easiest schedules in the NFL.

I think the Jets have an as good, if not better, WR core then the Bears and I would take Pennington over Grossman. A team is only as good as the competetion they beat and looking at the best two teams the Bears have played (Seahawks - SA and Giants - most of their key players on D), I'm really not impressed. Now, I am not saying its the Bears fault for having the easiest schedule in the NFL or that injuries aren't part of the game but I am not impressed with what the Bears have accomplished at all. Thats just me.

Comment

I bring up talent because teams need a certain degree of talent to blow teams out, which is what the Jets would have to do to "embarrass" us. If the Jets win 17-14, big whoop. It would be a slight upset but not shocking considering they just beat the Pats on the road. They won't, however, beat us by 20-30 points. They can't. They haven't beaten anyone by that margin and the reason why is because they aren't very talented. They don't have the ability to take it to teams and dominate them like the Bears do. They have the ability to hang around in games and eek out wins, there's nothing wrong with that at all, like I said, the win is all that counts, but the odds of a Bears blowout versus a Jets blowout is about 10 to 1.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

I bring up talent because teams need a certain degree of talent to blow teams out, which is what the Jets would have to do to "embarrass" us. If the Jets win 17-14, big whoop. It would be a slight upset but not shocking considering they just beat the Pats on the road. They won't, however, beat us by 20-30 points. They can't. They haven't beaten anyone by that margin and the reason why is because they aren't very talented. They don't have the ability to take it to teams and dominate them like the Bears do. They have the ability to hang around in games and eek out wins, there's nothing wrong with that at all, like I said, the win is all that counts, but the odds of a Bears blowout versus a Jets blowout is about 10 to 1.
          It's very wishfully thinking that we will blow you guys out. I never really said more then that to emphasies this point, rather then to say I think looking at your schedule its one of the harder games your going to play if the Jets played like they did last week.

Comment

There are a lot of teams that are more talented than the Jets. But we play hard and are pretty well coached. I wouldn't be surprised if we win the game. Well that's a lie, I'd be surprised but not shocked. After the big, tough win against the Giants, if you guys overlook us based on our lack of talent we could sneak up and win the game. I expect a Bears win, don't get me wrong, but we do have a shot to win it. Who knows? Should be a pretty good game. And you're right, if we do win it will be close. If you win it could be close too. We really have only been in one blowout this year (against the Jags) both winning and losing. I can't wait till sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by getwellchad
              As homerish as it sounds, I think we could make a huge playoff run if we get in. When our defense is playing well and Chad is on, we could beat anyone in the league.
              That is a HUGE if.

Comment

Originally posted by derza222
                As homerish as it sounds, I think we could make a huge playoff run if we get in. When our defense is playing well and Chad is on, we could beat anyone in the league.
                That is a HUGE if.
                We might get into the playoffs and chad has to play consistent we can aford probably two more losses, but then again its pretty hard to get one of the wildcard spots in the afc with a 10-6 record, but hopefully we might win the division. who knows what will happen.

Comment

Originally posted by derza222
                  That is a HUGE if.
                  Not to break up the band here but getwellchad that is a HUGE statement to make. Yes you are playing well right now, and yes you have a pretty nice team. But I'm sorry to say that you're over-hyping the Jets. I'm not bashing you guys at all here. But come on. You can beat "any team in the league" when Chad is on and if the defense is playing well? Either you've taken one to many shots to the head or you're seeing through some homer glasses.

I will say that I'm a little worried about next week. We're on the road again out east in the same place and I hope we don't overlook you guys, because if we do I think there's a chance you can beat us. But Chad is going to have to play excellent and that inconsistent running game is going to have to produce. That and you'll have to get pressure on Rex.

Good luck next week though fellas. Damn, we're back at the Meadowlands again. You guys really need to get separate stadiums sometime soon.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                  Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

Congratulations on the win guys. I didn't get to watch the game, and I have a couple of questions if you don't mind answering them.

1. From the highlights, it looked like you guys had great pressure. How? Was it just overload blitzing every play and hoping the man coverages held up, or was it a mixture of various techniques?

2. How did you guys do against the run? And did you come out with 8 man fronts to stop it?

3. How is Vilma maturing in the 3-4? Is he still struggling with disengaging off the blocks, or is he getting better? Is he being hindered by the scheme?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

We beat the Patriots and have had a close game with the number one team in the league when our team is clicking. I think your the one who has "taken to many shots to the head" if you think thats such an absurd comment. I wonder how many games you have actually seen the Jets play this year.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexDown
                        We beat the Patriots and have had a close game with the number one team in the league when our team is clicking. I think your the one who has "taken to many shots to the head" if you think thats such an absurd comment. I wonder how many games you have actually seen the Jets play this year.
                        Ok what I'm trying to get accrossed is the talk of all the "if" comments. You guys are a very nice team when things are clicking but vulnerable when you aren't. If that was the case then Cleveland could talk about if Frye could play like he did against Atlanta, if Kellen can get 100 yards and a TD a game, if Braylon can be that guy we saw last year, if Droughns can produce on the ground, and if their defense can play like they did against Atlanta then they could beat any team in the league. There are too many "ifs" with the Jets to make that statement.

Yes when their on they're a nice team, but when they aren't you see what we saw against the Browns (minus the last play of the game) or the Jags.

Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetness34
                          Ok what I'm trying to get accrossed is the talk of all the "if" comments. You guys are a very nice team when things are clicking but vulnerable when you aren't. If that was the case then Cleveland could talk about if Frye could play like he did against Atlanta, if Kellen can get 100 yards and a TD a game, if Braylon can be that guy we saw last year, if Droughns can produce on the ground, and if their defense can play like they did against Atlanta then they could beat any team in the league. There are too many "ifs" with the Jets to make that statement.

Yes when their on they're a nice team, but when they aren't you see what we saw against the Browns (minus the last play of the game) or the Jags.
                          lol listen for a second. I'm not going to argue about us using the word "if" after this, thats completely ridiculous. There are a lot of "ifs" for the Jets and when your team was 4-12 last year, your going to be very optomistic.

If they Jets play like they did against the Patriots, they can beat any team in the league.

If they Bears play like they did against the Cardinals, they could lose to almost any team in the league (except the Cardinals).

"Ifs" hold no water, but that doesn't mean they aren't true.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetness34

lol listen for a second. I'm not going to argue about us using the word "if" after this, thats completely ridiculous. There are a lot of "ifs" for the Jets and when your team was 4-12 last year, your going to be very optomistic.

If they Jets play like they did against the Patriots, they can beat any team in the league.

If they Bears play like they did against the Cardinals, they could lose to almost any team in the league (except the Cardinals).

"Ifs" hold no water, but that doesn't mean they aren't true.
                            Touche. No more "ifs." Man Law. :D

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                              Congratulations on the win guys. I didn't get to watch the game, and I have a couple of questions if you don't mind answering them.

1. From the highlights, it looked like you guys had great pressure. How? Was it just overload blitzing every play and hoping the man coverages held up, or was it a mixture of various techniques?

2. How did you guys do against the run? And did you come out with 8 man fronts to stop it?

3. How is Vilma maturing in the 3-4? Is he still struggling with disengaging off the blocks, or is he getting better? Is he being hindered by the scheme?

Thanks in advance.
                              Mangini used alot of "Belichik-esqu blitz packages, confusing the S.hit out of the Pats O-line

Didn't watch Vilma, but Robertson played very well, Overall we're getting much more used to the 3-4 and playing better

Played OK against the run, alot better than last time against the Pats

Sig by Me

Comment

Originally posted by JETS5128
                                Originally posted by bigbluedefense

Thanks in advance.
                                Mangini used alot of "Belichik-esqu blitz packages, confusing the S.hit out of the Pats O-line

Didn't watch Vilma, but Robertson played very well, Overall we're getting much more used to the 3-4 and playing better

Played OK against the run, alot better than last time against the Pats
                                I was pretty sure we used some of the 4-3 during the game also. Vilma played decent from what I saw. His stats weren't that great.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information