This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by thetedginnshow View Post
    I think Lowery would be a below average Safety, and probably oft-injured. We won't go after Mays, but if the right opportunity presents itself and we do deal/let go of Rhodes, we should grab Morgan Burnett.
    When I suggested Lowery be a safety, I by no means meant that he should be relied on as a starter. I can't see him helping against the run in the box or helping out as a pass rusher. I just think that he is probably better suited as a situational safety that helps bracket receivers or comes in to help in pass situations to help in coverage.

I will say that if he is able to cover well as a safety, and can at least not be a liability in run coverage, that wouldn't be so bad if he needed to be a starter.

Comment

• Originally posted by thetedginnshow View Post
      We won't go after Mays, but if the right opportunity presents itself and we do deal/let go of Rhodes, we should grab Morgan Burnett.
      I hope we don't go after Mays, he's the strong safety version of Vernon Gholston. Burnett would be a nice pickup though because we wouldn't have to reach for him. I'm thinking we go defense with at least the first two picks.

Comment

• Originally posted by msolimani View Post
        I hope we don't go after Mays, he's the strong safety version of Vernon Gholston. Burnett would be a nice pickup though because we wouldn't have to reach for him. I'm thinking we go defense with at least the first two picks.
        As far as measurables, but Mays seems to have a passion for the game. Vernon, although he may have it, certainly does not show and fire or passion. Now that's fine, but when you don't produce, people start to question your desire for the game.

It just seems ass backwards that a guy like vernon shouldn't be tearing up the league. However, it is what it is.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

• After this playoffs, I just want to say...

Cotchery is so good, we are very lucky to have him. I hope his exposure in the playoffs made his name bigger to the average football fan. The guy has glue on his hands.

And Nate Keading might be my favorite kicker of all time.

Talk about Jim Leonard having a great post season.

Green is getting a lot of hype, especially on this board. Is he more of a product of the OL, or do you think he is special?

Comment

• Originally posted by AlexDown View Post
            Green is getting a lot of hype, especially on this board. Is he more of a product of the OL, or do you think he is special?
            I think it was a little of both. But you could clearly tell towards the end of the year he was making more out of the running lanes provided by the OL than the banged up Thomas Jones was. Greene runs with a purpose and kind of reminds me of Lamont Jordan back in the day.

Comment

• Just thinking out loud here but...both Braylon and Brandon Marshall are RFA, so it is unlikely anyone will tender them an offer an dlose a 1st and a 3rd. Obviously the Broncs want to unload him, how bout a swap of Braylon for Brandon..perhaps some other pieces (though hopefully not draft picks) can go back and forth?

With this uncapped year, everything is totally unpredictable so things that normally would not happen can not be rules out.
              J. MESS

Comment

• Jets' Mangold wants a new deal

Comment

• Originally posted by Splat View Post
                  He certainly deserves a new contract...I hope they don't alienate him like they did with LW. Tannenbaum has shown that he's not afraid to take a stand on guys if they're far apart in negotiations. One thing that's great about Mangold and really a lot of the young pieces on this team is I don't really feel that their level of play will drop after they get paid. Same goes for Brick, Revis, Harris...character of the younger high level players on this squad is great.

Comment

• Originally posted by derza222 View Post
                    He certainly deserves a new contract...I hope they don't alienate him like they did with LW. Tannenbaum has shown that he's not afraid to take a stand on guys if they're far apart in negotiations. One thing that's great about Mangold and really a lot of the young pieces on this team is I don't really feel that their level of play will drop after they get paid. Same goes for Brick, Revis, Harris...character of the younger high level players on this squad is great.
                    I think he deserves it, but Im just concerned with what is going to happen with paying all these young guys. Harris, Revis are going to be off of their rookie deals soon and commanding big bucks. We have signed a lot of free agents recently for big money (Pace, Scott,Leohnard, Jenkins, Faneca). And we have several high draft picks that got big money (Sanchez, Gholston). Are we really going to be able to afford everybody when the time comes?

Comment

• It looks like Rex has been tampering with Nnamdi Asomugha. Asomugha says he want to be a Jet. Imagine Revis and Asomugha in the same defenive backfield.

It does look like this may be getting serious.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-for-rex-ryan/

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
                        It looks like Rex has been tampering with Nnamdi Asomugha. Asomugha says he want to be a Jet. Imagine Revis and Asomugha in the same defenive backfield.

It does look like this may be getting serious.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-for-rex-ryan/
                        Damn. Asomugha is stupid for saying that. If we lose draft picks that's going to screw us over for a few years.

But anyway, I think we'll give Mangold a nice new contract. The people we didn't give new contracts to completely made sense.
                        Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• Asomugha really screwed us on that one. Hes got to keep his mouth shut.
                          Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

• Originally posted by TimDris View Post
                            Asomugha really screwed us on that one. Hes got to keep his mouth shut.
                            He could easily smooth it over by saying he misspoke and that he talked to Revis, who in turn talked to Rex about bringing him over.

Comment

• Aso said it was all in jest.

Raiders cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha said he was joking about playing for the Jets. But if he wondered what it would be like to deal with East Coast media, consider that door officially slammed shut.

Asomugha told The Chronicle today “the story is totally overblown” about him saying he wants to play for the Jets with Darrelle Revis.

Asomugha said this was a two-way joke that took on a life of its own in an ESPN story of it.

“The only thing we were ‘dead serious’ about was the fact that it would be fun to one day play on the same team,” Asomugha said by email. “That’s all. We were two guys enjoying the Pro Bowl and completely clowning around during the week. We were playfully recruiting each other; I was talking about getting him to Oakland and vice versa.”

Asomugha said he has no intentions of leaving Oakland. Fact is, he couldn’t anyways. He signed a record-setting three-year contract last year.
                              http://www.thejetsblog.com/2010/02/0...ng-about-jets/
                              Check out the approval rating for Mike T

http://www.thejetsblog.com/2010/02/0...ke-tannenbaum/

Comment

• Originally posted by timewaster View Post
                                Check out the approval rating for Mike T

http://www.thejetsblog.com/2010/02/0...ke-tannenbaum/
                                Im not suprised that his approval rating is that high. He has done a great job. He has ripped off Cleveland twice in less than a year and has made some nice signings in Leonhard and Scott.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information