Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mccourty is an interesting case. Before this year, I would've said late pick, but his senior year was unbelievable. He showed so many skills that he really didn't in the past. On the one hand he may be just starting to scratch the surface of his potential, on the other, it could have just been an aberration. Regardless, the guy is just an unbelievably hard worker who never gets tired. There was one game this year in which he set a record for how many snaps he played ( he was in almost every play on defense and special teams). He had little to no help in coverage all year and performed well. Also he is a pretty smart guy who just gets it. I would be shocked to ever hear hm dogging it or getting into trouble. I think he would fit perfectly as a number two corner across from God.

I think the first may be a little early, but that could just be because i underrate him because I am a Rutgers fan and don't realize quite what I had. It's weird that I feel like late 1st is too early, but high 2nd would be fine to me. Maybe it isn't much of a reach. Getting him in the second would be awesome though. I think it all really depends on his combine performance. If he runs like his brother did at the pro day last year, he could work his way to the late first, if he just runs decently he should be there in the second.

Comment

• Here is some interesting reading for the uncapped year as it relates to the Jets from njhetscap.com..the article admints that all of the information from the NFL isn't out yet, but this is how the author sees it.

http://nyjetscap.com/2010uncapped.html
      http://nyjetscap.com/2010finaleight.html
      J. MESS

Comment

• + Rep

Good links. Thanks for those.

Comment

• Yeah those are great reads. +rep

I think Im going to be back on here more often again with the draft approaching. Plus the rest of this semester should be less time consuming than last semester was.
          Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

• So I'm confused. Did we only have one free agent to sign and we used it on Nick Folk? Or can we sign a couple? Or does he not count?
            Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• Originally posted by thetedginnshow View Post
              So I'm confused. Did we only have one free agent to sign and we used it on Nick Folk? Or can we sign a couple? Or does he not count?
              Not 100% positive but I don't think it counted since Folk wasn't any teams UFA or RFA. Since he was cut mid-season I think any team could have signed him and that team was us. I doubt we would use our limited free agency room on a kicker.

Comment

• I'm not sure how I feel about this. It all depends upon what the Jets end up doing with the extra free agent they can get after losing Feely. Folk isn't that good and Feely was really solid last year. Yes he had issues down the stretch a bit, but he was really good for most of the year.

Comment

• I hate the Folk signing. He couldn't kick last year in a dome. I can't see him being too good in the swirling winds in the Meadowlands.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• I also am not a big fan of it. Feely might not have had the biggest leg but he was accurate and knew how to kick in the Meadowlands. Folk seems to be a bit of a headcase, and I think he will definitely be on a short leash.

Comment

• Don't worry just yet. Feely could still re-sign with us. We're just covering all our bases. But honestly, after I saw Feely miss all those FGs against the Seahawks, I thought he was a joke and he ended up turning it around with us. So really, Folk could do the same thing, and he has a bigger leg than Feely.
                      Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

So I'm confused. Did we only have one free agent to sign and we used it on Nick Folk? Or can we sign a couple? Or does he not count?
                        No that does not count towards or Free Agent pick up...once a guy is cut by another team (key word cut) he is available to all teams. I think the key is that he has to go through waivers so if a team declines a roster bonus or something like that we will not be able to sign him.

BTW, I hope theu resign Feely. I thought he was one of the better kickers the Jets have had in the last 20 years.
                        J. MESS

Comment

• On a different note, I see that the Texans aren't franchising Dunta Robinson. I've loved him ever since he went to the Texans and I think he'd be perfect for our team. Probably would cost a pretty penny though.

Comment

On a different note, I see that the Texans aren't franchising Dunta Robinson. I've loved him ever since he went to the Texans and I think he'd be perfect for our team. Probably would cost a pretty penny though.
                            He'd be a very solid #2, but he's most likely looking for #1 type money. Not to mention, and I'm not 100% solid on the cap rules, but I'm pretty sure we won't have the ability to sign him anyways. It'll be interesting to see if anything manifests itself with us and the raiders, doubtful, but interesting nevertheless.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

• Would you guys give up a 2011 4th for Anthony Montgomery of the Redskins?

I would. That would be my favorite FA move of the offseason.

Comment

• Originally posted by SenorGato View Post
                                Would you guys give up a 2011 4th for Anthony Montgomery of the Redskins?

I would. That would be my favorite FA move of the offseason.
                                Definately not. There are guys in this draft with higher upside that we can get late in this draft.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information