This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by josh07039 View Post
    The reason Greene was so good in the playoffs was because Jones took the pounding all year, allowing Greene to dominate because of fresh legs. Who know how he'll do carrying the load? I would not have given Jones an extension because he's too old, but I would've paid him the bonus and let him have another year. He ran for 1400 ******* yards last year.
    Agree 100%. Think but jettisoning a 1,400 yard back you are potentially putting Sanchez in a bad position next year. He will most likely make strides, but if the running game slips a notch or two then his development may as well.
    J. MESS

Comment

• Since there is a strong possibility Kerry Rhodes gets traded sometime in the near future, how do you guys feel about bringing in Antrell Rolle?

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
        Since there is a strong possibility Kerry Rhodes gets traded sometime in the near future, how do you guys feel about bringing in Antrell Rolle?
        I think it's intriguing because he's a talented safety and then you could have a minimal change in quality of play at the FS spot but pick up something for KR. At the same time, I'm not sure if he has any interest in playing in NY and think that the interest in him may mostly come from the fact that he's an available FS in a relatively limited market for what the Jets can go after right now. So it may be more of a convenience thing than a good fit, and I'm not sure how much sense he makes on a long term deal. But I wouldn't be disappointed if that's what went down, at this point I'm cautious though.

Comment

• I'm fairly sure Rolle will cost a considerable amount of money.

And does anyone have Insider? I'm curious as to why it says we could make a move on Brandon Marshall.
          Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• Originally posted by thetedginnshow View Post
            And does anyone have Insider? I'm curious as to why it says we could make a move on Brandon Marshall.
            not sure what insider said, but i always thought an Edwards for Marshall trade in some form made some sense.
            J. MESS

Comment

• LC was cut by the Bengals and Baker was cut by the Pats today. Guess its better ti get rid of guys a year too soon than a year too late.
              J. MESS

Comment

• Originally posted by thetedginnshow View Post
                This is what Insider had to say, not much:

"Given the lowered price tag, the Jets have re-emerged as a possibility in the buzz we've heard on Thursday. There's still a need for a legit No. 1 WR, and Jets GM Mike Tannenbaum is not opposed to pulling off big deals."

Comment

• both espn and foxsports say the jets got cromartie for a conditional 2011 3rd rounder....

not sure how i feel yet, but he does give us a better cover guy no question.
                  J. MESS

Comment

• Well if it was only a third I think that's not a bad deal for a 25 yr old dude, but it says it can turn into a 2nd rounder. Hopefully it takes a lot to make it a 2nd rounder. Regardless though, I do like the deal, since there were only two corners I was really a fan of in this class and I assume they wouldn't be as perfect of fits as the Jets would want.
                    Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• That trade really takes away the one biggest immediate need on the team, so at this point the position the first round pick is used on seems pretty wide open. Just makes that all the more intriguing at this point. I don't love the trade because he's been pretty soft but the talent level is obviously ridiculous so this could end up working out nicely. Agree with TTGS, hope that second rounder isn't easy to attain.

Comment

• I don't see how it's a bad deal. I'd be willing to say that there's a 95% change that any CB we drafted in the 3rd round of next years draft would most likely not produce any better than Cro. However, with Cro, we know what type of athletic freak he is and what type of player he is capable of being.

If he can stay healthy, I see no reason why Rex can't get the best out of him. Not to mention he'll see a lot of balls thrown his way playing opposite Revis, hopefully he can get back to his ballhawking days.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

• Originally posted by BroadwayJoe10 View Post
                          If he can stay healthy, I see no reason why Rex can't get the best out of him.
                          In Rex we trust
                          J. MESS

Comment

• I really hope this doesn't turn into a second rounder. Cromartie is not worth that at all. I don't even think he is worth the 3rd. One thing going for Cro right now is the fact that he will never have to lineup against a #1 WR.
                            Last edited by Hurricanes25; 03-05-2010, 12:51 PM.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• I think the deal is good because even a second rounder for Cromartie at 70-80% isn't bad considering how dominant he has shown he can be. I wasn't familiar enough with the Chargers D to know that Cromartie wanted more man coverage while the Chargers D wasn't too accommodating. Perhaps with Rex and playing in man coverage, Cromartie can perform more up to his ability. I'm still worried aobut his off field stuff and the fact that a team would trade away a 25 year old with his kind of athleticism for a second rounder. Now that it has happened i'll just hope for the best and I like it a little more than I did when it was just rumors.
                              Last edited by josh07039; 03-05-2010, 01:55 PM.

Comment

• how has cromartie been doing with returns recently? if we lose LW, he'll probably be our guy.
                                Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information