This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by josh07039 View Post
    I think the deal is good because even a second rounder for Cromartie at 70-80% isn't bad considering how dominant he has shown he can be. I wasn't familiar enough with the Chargers D to know that Cromartie wanted more man coverage while the Chargers D wasn't too accommodating. Perhaps with Rex and playing in man coverage, Cromartie can perform more up to his ability. I'm still worried aobut his off field stuff and the fact that a team would trade away a 25 year old with his kind of athleticism for a second rounder. Now that it has happened i'll just hope for the best and I like it a little more than I did when it was just rumors.
    he has 7 kids with 6 different women...he has to be a probowler just to make enough money to pay child support!
    J. MESS

Comment

• Actually, looking at Chauncey Washington run, he might actually be a good fit for our offense. The north/south style will serve him well. Obviously still could use help at RB, but he might have a place in our offense.

Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• Originally posted by thetedginnshow View Post
        Actually, looking at Chauncey Washington run, he might actually be a good fit for our offense. The north/south style will serve him well. Obviously still could use help at RB, but he might have a place in our offense.

Mike T noted in his presser that Washington's pass pro is also really strong, which is really important for any RB trying to make a roster against the odds even though this hasn't been too much of a passing team.

Two other things stuck out to me in the presser outside of all the Cromartie talk. One, it doesn't sound like he's done picking up corners at all. And the other was that he felt they might have been forced into drafting a corner at 29 and now this kind of opens things up to a bunch of positions. Things seem pretty wide open right now and there are a lot of spots that could use some youth and talent without necessarily being huge, immediate needs so hopefully we can grab a talented guy who slips some to that back end of the first.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
          I really hope this doesn't turn into a second rounder. Cromartie is not worth that at all. I don't even think he is worth the 3rd. One thing going for Cro right now is the fact that he will never have to lineup against a #1 WR.
          But that's the beauty of the conditional draft pick. IF it does turn into second round compensation, than that means he did live up to expectations, which in case, he is definitely worth it.

The kid is an athletic freak and is definitely going to benefit from moving from a zone oriented defensive scheme towards a more man to man one.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

• Cromarite is saying all the right things, we'll see if it translates. I was also happy to hear that Kerry will most likely be staying next year, barring a great offer or Kerry being a jackass.

The thing with the conditional pick is what it is based on. If it's ints then he will have earned it. If it is based on starts or playing time, then he will have a hard time not earning it because we have no other corners.I hope the jets were smart and made it based on performance rather than playing time. I'm a little worried about the condition because PFT reported the JEts were bidding against 8 other teams.

Comment

• Kerry Rhodes was traded to the Cards fir a 4th round pick this year and a 7th in '11. What do you guys think? I feel we could've gotten more

Comment

• I agree...relatively disappointed with the trade. I presume they have some idea of how he will be replaced though...hopefully it helps the product on the field. Would have been nice to get at least a 3 for him.

Comment

• This sucks. He can easily outperform that fourth round pick even if he doesn't revert to the elite safety he was a few years ago. I really don't understand this one at all.

Comment

• always been a big Rhodes fan, i understand why a lot of you guys aren't too happy with the trade

what do you think the main reason for him under preforming last year was

Comment

• Mr. T ****** up that one. He is worth more than a 4th and a 7th considering he is a Pro Bowl caliber player.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
                        Mr. T ****** up that one. He is worth more than a 4th and a 7th considering he is a Pro Bowl caliber player.
                        agreed. i hae become less of a fan of his over the last year but would have thought he'd get us a third, or atleast a 4th this year and next. to me the 7th is garbage.
                        J. MESS

Comment

• Hopefully at least it's a conditional 4th and it'll become a 3rd

Comment

• Originally posted by Jersey/B View Post
                            Hopefully at least it's a conditional 4th and it'll become a 3rd
                            its this years pick so no way it could be conditional..perhaps next years is though...
                            J. MESS

Comment

• Hi new here! On Kerry a 4th rounder and a seventh 2011 might not sound so great but in a deep draft an extra 4th rounder can be used to get up to take a player you realy like. Also I have seen eough of Kerry not wanting to hit a RB or WR you can get away with that as a CB but not a SS or FS sorry he had to go not a Rex type of player! JMHO

Comment

• We're better at picking guys in the 4th than the 3rd. That has to be their reasoning. :P

In any case, I'm all for the trade. You always would like more value back, but I think it was time for him to go.
                                Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information