This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by thetedginnshow View Post
    In any case, I'm all for the trade. You always would like more value back, but I think it was time for him to go.
    I am for it too...once we got Cromartie I thought Kerry was on his way out because there is no room for two non physical DBs in anyone's starting lineup, especially Rex's.
    J. MESS

Comment

• There are some rumours that are saying the Jets are interested in Laveranues Coles. Im all for it. He is perfect in the slot and it puts off drafting a WR in the first few rounds for another year.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
        There are some rumours that are saying the Jets are interested in Laveranues Coles. Im all for it. He is perfect in the slot and it puts off drafting a WR in the first few rounds for another year.
        I don't have a problem with it, just hope its a one year deal otherwise he will complain about his contract in mid-season..lol..Think we also need a guy who can stretch the field though since Clowney has not seemed to develop.
        J. MESS

Comment

• Originally posted by jmess15 View Post
          I don't have a problem with it, just hope its a one year deal otherwise he will complain about his contract in mid-season..lol..Think we also need a guy who can stretch the field though since Clowney has not seemed to develop.
          Edwards, Cotchery, Coles, & Keller would be a great unit for Sanchez to continue his development.
          Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

• Walace Wright cut and now signed with the Panthers

http://www.thejetsblog.com/2010/03/0...with-panthers/

I understand we may go in heavy at the WR position but nobody can say he isnt a ST ace. BOoooooooooo

Comment

• Talk of Leon Washington to the 49ers is heating up. Makes some sense since our old RB's coach is there and they need a back like LW. Compensation would be 47th pick, do you match a deal for 3, 4 million a year or take the pick? Leon's one of my favorite players and my first instinct is to hope we match, but this is a tough one because we could really use the pick and third down backs aren't THAT hard to find.

Comment

• We should take the pick. If it's offered from anybody but the Pats, we take the pick and run. I love Leon, but getting younger is important, and look at our rushing game last year without him.

All we have to do is find a replacement for Jones.

Comment

• Originally posted by 'cuse-213 View Post
                  We should take the pick. If it's offered from anybody but the Pats, we take the pick and run. I love Leon, but getting younger is important, and look at our rushing game last year without him.

All we have to do is find a replacement for Jones.
                  Yeah, the Pats are the trickiest situation IMO. I believe it's the right move to take the pick, but it's going to be tough to let him go. Still think we need somebody who can catch the ball out of the backfield in some capacity if LW leaves because we all know Greene can't and I think it's important for Sanchez to have somebody who's a threat out of the backfield.

Pick from San Fran would be 49 not 47 by the way, not that it matters but I figured I'd correct myself.
                  Last edited by derza222; 03-09-2010, 11:56 AM.

Comment

• I'd love that, partly because my friend is a huge Niners fan and he loves Leon, and partly because I think he's overrated and would absolutely take that pick. Not sure what I think about what they're doing to the locker room though if they give up Jones, Leon, Wright, and bring back Coles (hope not). But who knows. Has to be some method to the madness.
                    Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• Schefter just tweeted that we're meeting with Brodney Pool. Seems like a depth/stopgap guy, but not an awful option I guess. I presume he'll come cheap which I think is going to be a focus.

Comment

• Was he cut? How many FAs can we sign? Was Wright a UFA?
                        Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• I was able to get to the Jets training camp last year. Now there's a framed, signed picture of Leon taking the kickoff back against the Pats in Foxboro in '09. It's my prized possession! Needless to say, I'd be pretty sad to see Leon go.

Comment

• Originally posted by thetedginnshow View Post
                            Was he cut? How many FAs can we sign? Was Wright a UFA?
                            Wright was an untendered RFA, as is Pool. So we have no limitations in terms of signing Pool, he's like any other RFA who we can go after he's just basically like a UFA in that there's no compensation for him being signed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jersey/B View Post
                              I was able to get to the Jets training camp last year. Now there's a framed, signed picture of Leon taking the kickoff back against the Pats in Foxboro in '09. It's my prized possession! Needless to say, I'd be pretty sad to see Leon go.
                              I can't see them letting him go, unless they feel with the injury he will not be the same player. But I would think most teams would have that same question so it is unlikely they'd give up a 2nd rounder for him.

Sad to see TJ go too, as I said before, I don't see a need to let him go in an uncapped year. yes he was able to slow down, but IMO he would have been more than fine splitting time with Greene. 2,800 yards and 27 TDs in the last 2 years.`
                              J. MESS

Comment

• Hutch reported that we'll match any offer for LW, but I don't buy it. If that's the case why offer up the second round tender to entice other teams to make him an offer? If you really wanted to keep him around a first round tender wouldn't be too much and would scare off other teams from signing him.

Apparently Marlin Jackson is coming to town for a visit. He's versatile which I'm sure would be valued in this defense, has played CB and both safety spots for the Colts. On the downside he's coming off of knee injuries the past two seasons. Not sure if they're looking at him as a corner or safety but I'm guessing safety. He's another untendered RFA, so same deal as Pool we can sign him and there would be no comp.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information