Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, that one could be good just based on the whole LT thing. But I'd like it to be the Ravens. There'd be nothing cooler than christening the stadium with a Joe Flacco beatdown.
    Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• Originally posted by jmess15 View Post
      Doubt its the Vikes, we likely won't know if Favre is coming back until early August and the schedule is due out next month.
      Good call. Looks like it's down to the Pats or Ravens then lol. I think either of those would be a high intensity prime time game. Can't go wrong IMO.

Comment

• So if there was a Brandon Marshall/Braylon Edwards swap (with us possibly giving up a mid-round pick), would you guys be in favor or against it?
        Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• Originally posted by thetedginnshow View Post
          So if there was a Brandon Marshall/Braylon Edwards swap (with us possibly giving up a mid-round pick), would you guys be in favor or against it?
          I threw thatout there a few weeks back but haven't seen it reported...have you seen it reported?
          J. MESS

Comment

So if there was a Brandon Marshall/Braylon Edwards swap (with us possibly giving up a mid-round pick), would you guys be in favor or against it?
            Oh and Yes I would be in favor of it.
            J. MESS

Comment

I mean my first instinct is I would be in favor of it because it's a big talent upgrade and I think Marshall is a better target for Sanchez. That said you have to take into account all of the character issues. Ultimately though I think this team is aging in some important spots and has a short window before they'll slip into playing .500 football as they rebuild both lines, so if you want to take a shot at a championship that's probably a roll of the dice you make. Plus Edwards has been good here thus far but he had some issues coming in, it's not like you're trading a guy with Curtis Martin's character. Tougher call than I think it seems at first though, and I'm also not sure that's enough for Denver.

Saw we re-signed T-Rish, great that he elected to come back. That's one move that there's no questions about in my book, definitely glad he's returning.

Comment

• I agree with Derza, I think Denver would want more than that. If that was the actual deal I wouldn't mind it at all, but I don't know if I would like giving up much more because we need all of the draft picks we can get. Also I think with Braylon getting a full off-season of workouts and practice we will see an improved QB-WR tandem this coming season.

In other news, aside from hosting a Monday Night game the opening week we apparently are hosting the prime time Thanksgiving game. Wonder who we'll play.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo..._at_swamp.html

Comment

• Originally posted by msolimani View Post
                  I agree with Derza, I think Denver would want more than that. [/url]
                  Want more...Yes, but not sure they can get more. Production wise for him it is hard to get full value, but with the baggage he brings (both off the field and within the Denver organization) they mat take 70 cents on the dollar. They may not be getting back a # 1 pick, but would be getting a legit # 1 receiver (albeit a lesser one) back and mid round pick. I am mostly for the Edwards/Marshall trade because I was not enamored with Edwards mostly because of his drops.

I'll throw out another thing, what if they say keep Edwards and throw in Cotchery, would thaty change anyone's opinion on the deal?
                  J. MESS

Comment

• Originally posted by derza222 View Post
                    Saw we re-signed T-Rish, great that he elected to come back. That's one move that there's no questions about in my book, definitely glad he's returning.
                    agree 100%. Consumate pro and great veteran presence. I am glad he is coming back.
                    J. MESS

Comment

Want more...Yes, but not sure they can get more. Production wise for him it is hard to get full value, but with the baggage he brings (both off the field and within the Denver organization) they mat take 70 cents on the dollar. They may not be getting back a # 1 pick, but would be getting a legit # 1 receiver (albeit a lesser one) back and mid round pick. I am mostly for the Edwards/Marshall trade because I was not enamored with Edwards mostly because of his drops.

I'll throw out another thing, what if they say keep Edwards and throw in Cotchery, would thaty change anyone's opinion on the deal?
                      To be honest I think I'd like it less. Cotchery is such a great possession guy and so consistent catching the ball, he's an ideal guy to have on 3rd down and made some huge catches. Plus he's been capable of making big plays before. Marshall is a guy who has been up there in drops as well along with targets, and granted he's more of a short game YAC guy than Edwards so they probably would fit well with each other, but I just like having the consistency Cotch brings. I kind of have concerns about bringing in Marshall anyway, and I think Marshall and Edwards on the same team could be a mess. Something about having those two starting and J-Co gone, though Edwards could go deep and Marshall could kill people in the short game, just doesn't sit well with me.

Beyond that, Cotch probably isn't valued the same as Edwards is, so you'd be probably talking Cotch and a 2 or something for Marshall vs. Edwards and a mid-rounder. To me I'd give away Edwards and the mid-rounder over Cotch and the 2, and I think it makes more sense for the Broncos to take that deal anyway. So I'm not a big proponent of trading J-Co and don't really think it makes a ton of sense on either side.

So I think part of it is me just not wanting to let go of Cotch for sure, but also I think that there are concerns about having those two on the same team and I'd just be a little worried about the team going forward.

Off topic a bit, as we're getting closer to the draft I just can't help but be excited about what's going to happen this year. I don't think I've ever been quite so confident that I'm going to be sold on who we pick despite the fact that there are a ton of directions we can go in. Hopefully this'll be a good one.
                      Last edited by derza222; 03-17-2010, 03:22 PM.

Comment

• Jets on HBO Hard Knocks?

http://www.thejetsblog.com/2010/03/1...rd-knock-life/

I HOPE SO!

Rex is by far the most entertaining HC in the league right now. Imagine him on cable? Add to the fact TC will probably be all the way up in Cortland again.

Comment

• Originally posted by timewaster View Post
                          Jets on HBO Hard Knocks?
                          That would be amazing. I was hoping we'd get it last year but coming off of the AFC Championship appearance I think it will be even better this year. I really don't think any other team would come close to being as entertaining for this year's show. So many personalities and story lines. An added bonus would be actually getting to see the team at training camp. Cortland is too far away for me so I didn't get to make my annual trip last year. Had to settle for OTA's which was still pretty cool.

Comment

I threw thatout there a few weeks back but haven't seen it reported...have you seen it reported?
                            ESPN had something on it. It was Insider so I couldn't see. It probably won't be however they detailed it out since they're ESPN and always wrong. However, seeing our persistence with Marshall makes me believe he's eventually going to be ours. We usually get what we want, and we've been crushin' on him for at least two years now, and probably since when he was drafted. Personally, I don't mind if it's straight up. I feel like we pretty much have to start keeping as many picks as we can so I wouldn't be in favor of giving up any of that or, say, a key players of ours, but I'd be all in favor of Braylon going. And really, adding a later pick wouldn't be so horrible (a 4th?). I mean, there might be a lock out next year anyway so we might as well go for it all! And if in fact they do get a new CBA up, I think we're going to start becoming a hot spot for FAs to want to come to because of Rex.

But yeah. Honestly, I see Marshall's problems being all off-field stuff save for his little thing with McDaniels, but who didn't like him? I've never really heard about him being an actual locker room killer, and really, with Braylon calling out Schotty after our playoff game (though he was right), he's no cub scout... and he isn't half the receiver Marshall is.

Switching gears, expected the T-Rich signing, but really like it. I do think this would be a good time to get a UDFA/late round FB though to get some pointers from him before he fossilizes.

And it's cool that we get a Thanksgiving game. Was that just decided? If so, Goodell's really doing all he can to suck up to Woody.

Oh and I'd really like us on Hard Knocks, even if I won't get to watch it.
                            Last edited by thetedginnshow; 03-18-2010, 06:23 AM.

Comment

• So I was chatting to my good friend who works in the Jets offices and gets direct information and I was informed that we are pulling hard for Marshall. It is also looking like (still in shock from I was first informed this) we are attempting to ship Braylon to them for a pick or two and then we'd sign Marshall and eliminating the opportunity of trading our first rounder. IMO, this is the best case scenario. Odds this happens, slim. This is what he said the Front Office is trying to figure out and there have been rumors that the Broncos are trying to acquire Braylon. I still don't understand why, and I was so high on him when he first came but ever since that Bills drop, I can't get my head around him.

I think inevitably we'll wind up acquiring Marshall which will be the perfect fit for this team. The best part about this it gives us the chance to draft a defensive end in the draft which I think is our biggest need. If we keep our first rounder, I wouldn't be opposed to trading down into the second and stocking up on another 2nd and possibly a third since this is a deep D-lineman draft. We also have to address the aging Guard situation. This is a perfect chance to us to take on all those needs.

I know it would be a waste of a pick, but I would love to see that 400 lb Jabba the Hut wannabe Terrence Cody on our d-line and groom that train to be the Kris Jenkins replacement for when time comes, thats obviously a stretch though.

Via BoneKrusher

Comment

• Looks like Jay Feely is visiting the Cards this week. Not sure what we are thinking here because Feely has been the Jets best kicker in the last 20 yeras.
                                J. MESS

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information