Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow. Great job acquiring talent. Yall have turned it around quick. I am really impressed with the talent you have gained in just a couple of years. Seriously, it is impressive. Your team is, for the first time since before I was born, really really really scary!
    I published my first book. Available in ebook or paperback! Check it out!!!

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540

Comment

• A third and a fifth for Leon! That's what I predict.
      Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• From Rotoworld

" The Dolphins canceled a meeting between Jason Taylor and coach Tony Sparano before the free agent left for vacation on Thursday.
        Taylor has already been frustrated by the Dolphins' lack of urgency, which lends credence to the speculation that he's "leaning" toward the Jets. Still, Taylor has been hesitant to pull the trigger in the face of his agent's pressure to accept the Jets' offer. Per NFL.com's Steve Wyche, Taylor is now expected to hold off on a decision until after the draft"

Lets move on, ENUFF of this guy..he doesn't want to be here, and most in Jet Land don't want him anyway. Lets find a good kicker or backup QB and go on our way!
        J. MESS

Comment

• Just took a look at the roster. I saw 39 roster spots as being locked in that we couldn't really mess around with draft picks to fill. That means there are 14 spots that are probably open to players currently on the roster, draft picks, and UDFA's. So first of all, there are a ton of openings and the FO has a bunch of filling out to do. In that case, maybe a trade down makes sense to recoup picks.

However, I saw 7 guys who have a good shot at making the team in my opinion, so assume maybe 6 of them do and we sign another 2 free agents (one for losing Feely, the other to re-sign Douglas or for losing him). Those 14 spots drop down to 6, and this regime loves UDFA's. So if you leave 2 or 3 roster spots for UDFA's, maybe they'll move around a bit in the later rounds or before to try to pick up players. That changes if they draft a kicker or punter though, since that assumption included one of the kickers, punters, and long snappers on the current roster making the team.

Comment

• Are the Jets allowed to start signing people like other teams once training camp starts? Or the preseason?
            Last edited by Crickett; 04-19-2010, 02:33 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crickett View Post
              Are the Jets allowed to start signing people like other teams once training camp starts? Or the preseason?
              I believe July 22 is the last day the Final 8 restrictions are on the Jets.

Comment

• As for the Braylon topic, he's going to start off as the starter. Firstly, Santonio is going to be suspended, and secondly because he probably has a better idea of the offense. The Jets love the fact that he is a huge target to throw to. However, I would rather have Santonio out of the slot. He doesn't have the catching issues that Braylon has displayed numerous times (that Buffalo thumper is permanently installed in my brain), has insane speed (not saying that Braylon doesn't because he tends to get past most receivers). I think he'll be more productive in the slot, but I personally would like to see him outside of it.

Let me ask you guys what you're thoughts are on trading up in the second round to get an outside rush? I am saying this based on the idea that we would address the 5 technique with Odrick in the first round (which I just see being a stellar pick for some reason)?

Via BoneKrusher

Comment

• I think Cotchery has the best skill set of the 3 to play the slot with his hands, route running, short area quickness, and YAC ability. He'd tear up 3rd CB's. He should be a starter, but I think even if he is he'll slide inside to play the slot in 3 WR sets. The other two are better outside guys and more vertical and he's got a great skill set to play the slot and more than enough intelligence.

I'd be alright with it but I don't really know who's going to be there. I honestly think most of the valuable pass rushers are going to be gone by the time pick #29 rolls around (I think Odrick will be also FWIW), don't see who would be there to move up for in round 2. I'd be open to it if somebody good was on the board, but I'd probably rather try to get Greg Hardy at a good value, at least he's got the potential to be an elite pass rusher unlike most.

Comment

• http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...-schedule.html

Read numbers 1 and 2 under "News and notes around the league". Lombardi is convinced that we are either going to trade or waive Bryan Thomas, Shaun Ellis, and Alan Faneca.

Comment

• Originally posted by msolimani View Post
                      http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...-schedule.html

Read numbers 1 and 2 under "News and notes around the league". Lombardi is convinced that we are either going to trade or waive Bryan Thomas, Shaun Ellis, and Alan Faneca.
                      Really weird move if it happens. I get that they're all older guys, but I'm not sure exactly where the replacements come from.

Defensive end is really thin right now anyway, I guess that signals re-signing Douglas but that's still a thin spot anyway. Read somewhere that Gholston may attempt to bulk up and play end, which could be good for his career since he's not awful at just taking up blockers, but I don't think anyone's banking on him being an answer there. You have to draft guys there anyway, why just create a bigger hole? Unless they love Pitoitua or something.

Outside linebacker the only things I can think of are that we're locked into drafting somebody or they like Westerman and Taylor splitting the role and Taylor's coming in. I'd be interested to see Westerman get more play time so if that's what the move's for and he's actually going to have success it's nice, kind of like the Pitoitua situation would be at end, but that'd kind of be coming out of nowhere. He did well when he played last year, but not like he played a ton.

With Faneca at LG maybe Slauson's really come around or they see Turner or Hunter being a starting caliber guy. I guess with the added WR's they're not going to be running as much jumbo stuff, so if the team really wants one of those guys on the field and thinks they're superior to Faneca maybe give that a shot, but I think it's a case of overthinking.

I just don't see the cap savings or on the field help for the team right now. And if all three are gone there must be a belief that there are internal solutions, which seems questionable to me. Ellis is the most confusing, but all three would be odd. Thomas didn't get sacks but is one of the better coverage LB's on the team and Faneca was part of a great OL last year. Just not sure why you mess around, especially when you're not saving a ton of money. Woody I think creates some cap savings and had his issues, I could see cutting him. These other guys don't make as much sense. If you can get draft picks that's nice, but not like you're going to get a ton for them, and apparently it's better to cut them for minimal cap savings in an uncapped year than to keep 3 starters from last year on the team. Just strikes me as odd, wonder if Lombardi is stirring the pot just for the sake of it. Seemed pretty confident though.

Comment

• Originally posted by derza222 View Post
                        Really weird move if it happens. I get that they're all older guys, but I'm not sure exactly where the replacements come from.

Defensive end is really thin right now anyway, I guess that signals re-signing Douglas but that's still a thin spot anyway. Read somewhere that Gholston may attempt to bulk up and play end, which could be good for his career since he's not awful at just taking up blockers, but I don't think anyone's banking on him being an answer there. You have to draft guys there anyway, why just create a bigger hole? Unless they love Pitoitua or something.

Outside linebacker the only things I can think of are that we're locked into drafting somebody or they like Westerman and Taylor splitting the role and Taylor's coming in. I'd be interested to see Westerman get more play time so if that's what the move's for and he's actually going to have success it's nice, kind of like the Pitoitua situation would be at end, but that'd kind of be coming out of nowhere. He did well when he played last year, but not like he played a ton.

With Faneca at LG maybe Slauson's really come around or they see Turner or Hunter being a starting caliber guy. I guess with the added WR's they're not going to be running as much jumbo stuff, so if the team really wants one of those guys on the field and thinks they're superior to Faneca maybe give that a shot, but I think it's a case of overthinking.

I just don't see the cap savings or on the field help for the team right now. And if all three are gone there must be a belief that there are internal solutions, which seems questionable to me. Ellis is the most confusing, but all three would be odd. Thomas didn't get sacks but is one of the better coverage LB's on the team and Faneca was part of a great OL last year. Just not sure why you mess around, especially when you're not saving a ton of money. Woody I think creates some cap savings and had his issues, I could see cutting him. These other guys don't make as much sense. If you can get draft picks that's nice, but not like you're going to get a ton for them, and apparently it's better to cut them for minimal cap savings in an uncapped year than to keep 3 starters from last year on the team. Just strikes me as odd, wonder if Lombardi is stirring the pot just for the sake of it. Seemed pretty confident though.
                        I read that too...don;t see the Faneca move at all, and barely see the other two. I cant see in an uncapped year a team with high Super Bowl expectations blowing up both sides of the ball like that.
                        J. MESS

Comment

• Originally posted by derza222 View Post
                          Really weird move if it happens. I get that they're all older guys, but I'm not sure exactly where the replacements come from.....
                          Yeah I don't know where this is coming from at all. I'll agree that those three players are all nearing the end of their career, but like you said there's nothing but question marks behind them on the depth chart. It's one thing to throw out possibilities, but Lombardi sounded dead positive.

BTW, We just signed Jason Taylor. I'm not a big fan of his at all, but if he can play well, say the right things, and help lead us to a Super Bowl he can POSSIBLY win me over.

Comment

• Jason just better come in and produce. If he can play well and be a leader all will be forgiven. I want a superbowl dammit!!

Comment

• Originally posted by GET LOOSE View Post
                              Jason just better come in and produce. If he can play well and be a leader all will be forgiven. I want a superbowl dammit!!
                              AMEN!..10 SACKS OR BUST
                              J. MESS

Comment

• I hate the move. I can't stand the guy. He's been bashing us for years.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information