X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• http://nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/v...ic.php?t=33068

That mock draft, looks beautiful.

If you don't feel like opening that link, I'll tell you.

1. Okoye
    2a. Joe Staley (I don't know much about him, could you guys tell me about him?)
    2b. Brian Leonard

Comment

• Originally posted by nvot9
      Ok, just for fun and for the sake of talking about the draft, lets go through some situations and discuss what we would do...

First Situation
      Brian Leonard is availible by our first second rounder. Do we take him now or what?

Personally, I would not take him, instead, I would take someone else with that pick, and then see which teams after that pick, but before our second second rounder need a guy like Leonard, then trade up to that spot.
      As of right now, depends who else is available. I think I might grab Leonard there though. And by the time draft day rolls along I'd guess after Leonard wows everyone at the combine we'd jump all over him if he's there at 40.

Comment

Ok, just for fun and for the sake of talking about the draft, lets go through some situations and discuss what we would do...

First Situation
        Brian Leonard is availible by our first second rounder. Do we take him now or what?

Personally, I would not take him, instead, I would take someone else with that pick, and then see which teams after that pick, but before our second second rounder need a guy like Leonard, then trade up to that spot.
        I feel that Leonard will wow people at the Senior Bowl and combine and will be worth the value at our pick. He also is a Mangini type player and suits the offense perfectly. He's also from the Jets backyard in NJ so the fans would love to see him in green and white.

Comment

• Originally posted by derza222
          Originally posted by nvot9

First Situation

As of right now, depends who else is available. I think I might grab Leonard there though. And by the time draft day rolls along I'd guess after Leonard wows everyone at the combine we'd jump all over him if he's there at 40.
          Personally, at this point, I'd actually love to get Leonard with our FIRST second rounder. Just me thinking everything over...
          Glenn Dorsey will slip...

Jets will not take McFadden...

Comment

• wats with the brian leonard craze? i mean i know that hes a great player, and i saw a few of his games at rutgers and he looked great, but do we really need him? askew isnt a probowler or anything, but i think we could use our second round picks with positions that we need more... such as CB or RB

sig by JETS5128

Comment

I think an pass rusher is necessary and we would still need a DE because Ellis is done soon.
              nooooo wayyyyyyyy. ellis is great, i love ellis, i cant believe u think hell be done soon. DEs can play into their mid-30s. ellis had a decent year, and the only reason most people dont go crazy over him is becus hes more of a lowkey, curtis martin type, get the job done and dont talk smack about it, kinda guy. ellis is fine, but we definately need a DT like amobi okoye

sig by JETS5128

Comment

• Mmkay, first of all, Askew sucks. There's a reason he's only started 6 career games in 4 years, and there's a reason he accumulated a 1.8 ypc this year. We need a guy like leonard because With the "emergence" of Leon Washington, we will need a compliment back, a bruiser, someone who can break tackles, someone who can block, someone who's intelligent, and most of all, someone who can score. He's extremely powerful and athletic and is a dynamic player.

As for Shaun Ellis, he's not a 3-4 DE. He had a miserale year in '05 and wasn't exactly what we all though he would be this year either. He looked decent against the run, but I'd like someone who's more stout and who can make plays in the back-field.

Comment

Mmkay, first of all, Askew sucks. There's a reason he's only started 6 career games in 4 years, and there's a reason he accumulated a 1.8 ypc this year. We need a guy like leonard because With the "emergence" of Leon Washington, we will need a compliment back, a bruiser, someone who can break tackles, someone who can block, someone who's intelligent, and most of all, someone who can score. He's extremely powerful and athletic and is a dynamic player.

As for Shaun Ellis, he's not a 3-4 DE. He had a miserale year in '05 and wasn't exactly what we all though he would be this year either. He looked decent against the run, but I'd like someone who's more stout and who can make plays in the back-field.
                  ok i agree with everything u said about leonard. the only thing though is that he is a FB not a RB. ok yah hed be a great blocker and hed get a carry from time to time, but hes not a RB! now i dont really have that big of a problem with them taking leonard, but if they do, i still want to see bush or hunt taken, becus leonard is a FB not a RB, and he will only partially help the ground game. and as far as ellis goes, i still think hes great

sig by JETS5128

Comment

• I'd rather trade #57, a 4th rounder, and maybe a 4th rounder next year to trade up in the 2nd round and snag Leonard if he's there

OR

Trade down with #40, pick up more picks, and then snag Leonard at #48 or so.

Comment

• Originally posted by nyjetsguy27
                      Mmkay, first of all, Askew sucks. There's a reason he's only started 6 career games in 4 years, and there's a reason he accumulated a 1.8 ypc this year. We need a guy like leonard because With the "emergence" of Leon Washington, we will need a compliment back, a bruiser, someone who can break tackles, someone who can block, someone who's intelligent, and most of all, someone who can score. He's extremely powerful and athletic and is a dynamic player.

ok i agree with everything u said about leonard. the only thing though is that he is a FB not a RB. ok yah hed be a great blocker and hed get a carry from time to time, but hes not a RB! now i dont really have that big of a problem with them taking leonard, but if they do, i still want to see bush or hunt taken, becus leonard is a FB not a RB, and he will only partially help the ground game. and as far as ellis goes, i still think hes great
                      Leonard could be a very good complimentray back. He's not just a full back, he can line up anywhere.

Put him at FB one play, then TE the next. Then slip him into the slot. Then put him at RB to pound out tough yards

The man can do it all

Sig by Me

Comment

• Originally posted by nyjetsguy27

Lol FB and RB are virtually the same exact thing. Leonard would act as an RB.

Comment

I don't see 3-4 DE's as really guys who are supposed to get into the backfield much, Ellis made about as many plays as a 3-4 end is going to make and did a good job. Agree with the Leonard complimenting Leon well statements and what we need in a back though, I don't think Leon could be an every down back in the NFL but would be great as a part of a tandem and although Leonard could be (too early to tell) I think they would compliment each other very well...

Comment

• I think Ellis is fine, he was just getting used to the system, but now I think he'll have a breakout year.

Comment

• Originally posted by derza222

I don't see 3-4 DE's as really guys who are supposed to get into the backfield much, Ellis made about as many plays as a 3-4 end is going to make and did a good job. Agree with the Leonard complimenting Leon well statements and what we need in a back though, I don't think Leon could be an every down back in the NFL but would be great as a part of a tandem and although Leonard could be (too early to tell) I think they would compliment each other very well...
                              Yes, obviously I agree on the Leonard thing (did I just make a new nickname? ). As for Ellis, I understand 3-4 DE's aren't meant to get sacks etc. and statistically, especially in his first year as a 3-4 DE, 5 sacks is great for a 3-4 DE, but I expected Ellis to be a force. I expecte dhim to shutdown the run completely, he was pretty good at it, decent, but not what I expected. I just envisioned he would get such a strong push that he would be able to rush the QB a lot more than he did, however maybe I'm just not realizing what his role should be and I have too high of expectations.

I guess I'll start another situation right now..

Second Situation
                              If Ted Ginn Jr. fell to our 1st second round pick would you take him?

Pro's: After looking into it, I saw that the rumoprs of Cole's retirement are more serious that I percieved. If this becomes reality, a replacement would be necessary if we wanted to ensure any immediate or future success. Ginn Jr. could definitely step in and be that replacement and would be a great variation of super speed to complimet Cotchery's grit and power.

Con's: Ginn Jr., in my opinion, is just a really, really fast reciever. He happens to be talented, but I don't think he's talented enough to take in the 2nd round when we could find another extremely fast reciever, but maybe less talented in the 4th-7th rounds.

Overall I would not want him..

Comment

• I don't want Ginn. What good is a speed receiver if you don't have a QB that can throw assuming Penny starts next year. Also, we wouldn't use him at KR, which part of the reason a team would draft him. Ginn is a big no no IMO.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information