This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• anyone hear anything about thomas? i feel like rex would like to be reunited with him
      Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

• Originally posted by TimDris View Post
        anyone hear anything about thomas? i feel like rex would like to be reunited with him
        It's still early on that front, but I would much rather have Thomas over Jason Taylor. Judging by the way this off-season is going it's not unheard of that we would release B. Thomas and sign A. Thomas. I don't think Adalius is a bad guy, there's just something about Belichick that rubs certain people the wrong way and he was obviously one of them IMO. I think Thomas would've definitely been a great fit before the Taylor signing, but now that we have Taylor it's tough to see us signing both however you never know.

Comment

• I like Thomas a lot, seems unlikely at the moment though. Wonder if it's not only the scheme with the Pats but age as well, I'm sure they'll watch some tape on him but a lot of pepole associated with the team should have a good feel for him. One way or another I expect the organization to make the right call.

Interesting point was made on a blog today that usually your backup linebackers play special teams, both Thomas' and Taylor might not exactly be interested in doing that. Also it takes away the flexibility to hold onto a UDFA you like at that position a-la Westerman last year, and that seems to be how they stay young at positions on defense (to an extent). Unless of course you let BT, AT, and JT duke it out and keep the best player or two for the spot and cut somebody...not sure Adalius would sign if that's what he'd be coming into though. One perk to him is that he could probably play some ILB as well along with Westerman.

Saw on the UDFA list that the Jets posted on their website Warren is listed as a safety...found that interesting but with his speed concerns I could buy it. I'm sure they'll try him at both spots but thought it was notable that he's listed as a safety. Always love following UDFA's, hopefully at least 1 or 2 of them make the roster this year. Seems like there's a lot of open spots on the roster right now.

Comment

• Im sure Bart is putting in a good word for A.Thomas and Rex really likes him so I'm sure its being discussed

Comment

• double post
              Last edited by GET LOOSE; 04-28-2010, 07:27 PM.

Comment

• How do you guys think VG is gonna do at DE? I really hope he can do something to help out the team

Comment

• Originally posted by GET LOOSE View Post
                  How do you guys think VG is gonna do at DE? I really hope he can do something to help out the team
                  At this point, I don't think it matters what positon Gholston is playing, I don't think he wants it enough. It's a shame too. Watch any of his college games and you can see that he has all the talent in the world. For the Jets sake, hopefully he can be somewhat productive or at least give us depth and I think they'll be happy.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/n...ory?id=5143471

Very solid article by Rich Cimini. I was a big fan of the Joe McKnight selection at the time and this article only reinforces that. One interesting thing that they touched on at the end which I also wondered myself was why wouldn't Pete Carroll take McKnight instead pulling of a trade to acquire the recovering Leon Washington? Each has the same skill-set, but Pete knows Joe personally. Maybe he really was just targeting defense like he said. All I know is McKnight seems like a good person who was a great value in the 4th round IMO. I think as long as we don't put too much on his plate early on and let him run free as a kick returner/platoon RB then he will maximize his potential and we will have a steal.

Comment

• I wouldn't put too much thought into a college coach who made his way to the pros and did not draft the players from his college team.

Once upon a time, Butch Davis, former coach of the Miami Hurricanes drafted a running back by the name of Williams Green instead of his own college running back.

2 time pro bowler Clinton Portis.

Comment

• Jersey numbers for the rookies:

Wilson - #20
                        Ducasse - #62
                        McKnight - #25
                        Conner - #38

Kind of odd that McKnight is taking #25...thought the whole Bush's shadow thing was an issue for him. Warren's probably the best known UDFA and he's going to get #35, still think it's interesting they have him listed as a safety.

Comment

• Wilson picked a good number. I have my eye on Warren and I think if he bulks up he might be able to make that switch to safety. But we'll see

Comment

• Originally posted by GET LOOSE View Post
                            Wilson picked a good number. I have my eye on Warren and I think if he bulks up he might be able to make that switch to safety. But we'll see
                            Thats what I think also. We still need a big in the box Safety who we can drop in the box and he is great against the run.

The other guy I like (obviously) is Mick Williams. He is really undersized is my only knock on him but the guy is a heck of a pass rusher and really is explosive off the ball. He starts every game and rarely has durability concerns. While Pitt's D-line has two awesome book ends, he is still a guy that can be a great 3rd down situational pass rusher if he makes the team so I am really hoping that he does.

Via BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by derza222 View Post
                              Jersey numbers for the rookies:

Wilson - #20
                              Ducasse - #62
                              McKnight - #25
                              Conner - #38

Kind of odd that McKnight is taking #25...thought the whole Bush's shadow thing was an issue for him. Warren's probably the best known UDFA and he's going to get #35, still think it's interesting they have him listed as a safety.
                              Haha. That's exactly what I was thinking about McKnight. And it's also funny that Wilson and McKnight chose the numbers of arguably the two highest profile Jets to leave this off-season.
                              Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• Originally posted by derza222 View Post
                                Jersey numbers for the rookies:

Wilson - #20
                                Ducasse - #62
                                McKnight - #25
                                Conner - #38

McKnight said he was mad when he found the 25 sitting in his locker. He also said he doesn't plan on switching it for some reason. Which I'm bummed about, was hoping he would choose something unique, like 40 or 45.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information