This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Young Nasty Man View Post
    I personally think our 2000 was a great class. John Abraham, Shaun Ellis, Chad Pennington, Laverneus Coles were all top players for this team for a solid 4-5 years. Then we started to unload. We had a ton of picks (4 in the first round, imagine if we had that now). Anthony Becht was a massive flop but overall I think that was a huge draft for us.
    Hands down 2000 was the best, but with 4 #1s it should have been (lol). I disagree a bit, Becht wasn't a massive bust, he certainly didn't live up to his billing but put his cement hands to good use when blocking. besides, isn't he still playing?

"massive busts" should be reserved for the Lam Jones, Blair Thomas and Doug Williams of the world. In 86 Doug Williams had been graded very high among tackles and fell to the jets at 47. Most people thought it was a steal, until he got cut in training camp...
    J. MESS

Comment

• read somewhere that were bringing in 23yr old Aussie rugby start Greg inflow for a tryout. they want to try him at KR and maybe even OLB. hes 6-5 240 and apparently runs a 4.6

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...an-rugby-star/

ut oh bills and broncos are interested too lol
      Last edited by TimD; 05-24-2010, 07:42 PM.
      Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

• Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News reports that the Jets and Ferguson have agreed to terms on a multi-year extension.

Comment

• JW do you guys all feel that Scott is worth the big contract he recieved?

Comment

• What are you guy going to do with the FA's on the Team? Revis will get signed but what about Harris and Mangold one I think will get a Tender put on him but the other. The Jets can't afford to Lose either of them.

Comment

• We signed Mark Brunell to a 2 year deal.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
                JW do you guys all feel that Scott is worth the big contract he recieved?
                Given the Jets had the #1 defense in the NFL last year (and I think having Scott helped a lot with the transition to Ryan's scheme), it's tough to say it was a bad move right now. However, I'm sure he'll be viewed as overpaid and not that good in a few years, probably get cut like Faneca did. But as of right now, tough to really complain about any defensive additions.

Originally posted by dannyz View Post
                What are you guy going to do with the FA's on the Team? Revis will get signed but what about Harris and Mangold one I think will get a Tender put on him but the other. The Jets can't afford to Lose either of them.
                Well Mangold's going to be a RFA which helps a lot, Revis has 2 years left on his deal after this year, and then Harris can get franchised. As much as I absolutely love David Harris, unless Bart Scott is going to get cut soon he's probably the most expendable of the group. A new contract for him would mean a ton of money to have tied up in a pair of ILB's in a 3-4, just doesn't seem like a good use of cap space. I definitely don't want to see him go, but I could see it happening. Mangold should be here to stay, and they'd better lock up Revis. It'll be interesting to see which WR they keep around too.

Originally posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
                We signed Mark Brunell to a 2 year deal.
                I don't love this. It'll mean cutting a younger QB who could be a trade chip down the road, and I thought Cavanaugh was supposed to be the mentor. I really don't think Brunell can play much either, KC is no superstar but he knows the offense in and out, I'd rather have him be the backup. Getting excited for the season though, TC coming soon, just starting to get back into football mode.

Comment

• All Time Team

Originally posted by TimDris View Post
                  J-E-T-S, JETS JETS JETS!

QB- Joe Namath, Ken O'Brien, Chad Pennington, Vinny Testaverde

RB- Curtis Martin, Freeman McNeil, Emerson Boozer
                  FB- Matt Snell, Richie Anderson, Tony Richardson
                  WR- Don Maynard, Keyshawn Johnson, Wayne Cherbet, Al Toon, Laveraneus Coles
                  TE- Micky Shuler, Rich Caster, Jerome Barkum

OT- Winston Hill, Marvin Powell, D'Brickashaw Ferguson
                  OG- Randy Rasmussen, John Schmidt, umm Brandon Moore?
                  C- Kevin Mawae, Joe Fields, Nick Mangold

DT- Joe Klecko, John Elliot, Marty Lyons, Jason Ferguson

DE- Mark Gastineau, John Abraham, Shaun Ellis, Gary Phibin, Marvin Washington
                  LB- Mo Lewis, Kyle Clifton, Marvin Jones, Larry Grantham, David Harris, Al Atkinson

CB- Darrelle Revis, Aaron Glenn, James Hasty, Marcus Coleman
                  S- Bill Baird, Erik McMillan, Dainard Paulson, Victor Green

K- Pat Leahy, James Hall
                  KR- Leon Washington
                  Anyone I forgot/shouldnt be on the list? I threw Brandon Moore on there because I had a tough time remembering any guards and Ive always liked the guy.
                  Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

• http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...n_company.html

My sympathy. Santonio Holmes has it. :( :( :(

Comment

• Brunell will help a ton mentoring Sanchez, and will be like another QB coach.

God help you if he has to play though.
                      Originally posted by SNIPER26
                      fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

• The Jets released Kevin Basped. I know a lot of people liked his potential but I guess there is too much of a crowd at linebacker.

I'm also hearing that Matt Slauson is looking really good and has the edge over Vlad Ducasse at LG.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Apparently Vernon Gholston had a monster day today...not something that happens all the time. Maybe the move to DE helps him a lot more than I expected?

Revis' camp also supposedly gave Tanny a proposal to show Woody on Friday, hopefully it's reasonable enough that they can work something out. At this point I think him playing this season is kind of a 50/50 proposition, don't think he's bluffing about sitting out the year which would really suck.

Comment

• anyone else going to the game tonight? im pretty excited to check out the new stadium

Comment

• Cro is lookin good out there. I liked what I saw out of him. With him, Kyle and Revis (eventually), that's gonna be an awfully hard secondary to throw on.

I love Rex's schemes. Absolutely love em.

Greene is running like a beast too.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                                Cro is lookin good out there. I liked what I saw out of him. With him, Kyle and Revis (eventually), that's gonna be an awfully hard secondary to throw on.

I love Rex's schemes. Absolutely love em.

Greene is running like a beast too.
                                Yeah, Cro is going to be a great fit for our D. I think he'll do fine in man to man coverage. I never realized how freakish he is athletically. He's exactaly how I would build my perfect CB.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information