Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, I feel a whole lot better today.

As for cutting T-Rich, that's a mistake imo. We're already lacking leadership on the offense and getting rid of our best leader is just adding fuel to the fire.

Edit: He may be coming back today. (T-Rich)

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
      Well, I feel a whole lot better today.

As for cutting T-Rich, that's a mistake imo. We're already lacking leadership on the offense and getting rid of our best leader is just adding fuel to the fire.
      Isn't he back already?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sniper View Post
        Isn't he back already?
        T-Rich? Not yet. I'm hearing sometime today.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Sniper View Post
          Isn't he back already?
          I haven't seen anything to that effect, but I hope so. Conner's the future at FB, but Richardson should be kept as long as he want to play.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crickett View Post
            I haven't seen anything to that effect, but I hope so. Conner's the future at FB, but Richardson should be kept as long as he want to play.
            There's some speculation about it on some Jets blogs, and PFT is saying it'll happen. Apparently rationale for it was that if they dropped a younger player yesterday they would've gone on waivers, T-Rich became a free agent. Presumably one of the corners is gone once T-Rich comes back and they probably want to stash them on the PS. I'd guess Brian Jackson.

Comment

The Bears cut Jarron Gilbert. Hopefully we give him a look because I remember all of us liking him as a prospect last year. He's a tweener in the 43 but I think he could become a solid DE in the 34.
              Signed him to the practice squad, if he plays well I could definitely see him ending up on the roster and being a steal.

Comment

• Originally posted by derza222 View Post
                Signed him to the practice squad, if he plays well I could definitely see him ending up on the roster and being a steal.
                Yesssssss. I dunno if anything will come of him, but I wanted him SO BAD last draft. Think he COULD be a great 3-4 DE.

Obviously he is lacking now seeing as the Bears flat out cut him, but, fingers crossed...

Comment

• There are conflicting reports whether or not we signed Gilbert.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

There are conflicting reports whether or not we signed Gilbert.
                    Apparently that's official now. Patrick Turner was just released as well I guess to fit Revis on the roster after that exemption ran out.

Other practice squad stuff: officially signed Chauncey Washington and Cody Brown (2009 2nd round pick by Arizona) to the PS as well as Gilbert and released Don Warren and Ricky Foley (CFL guy).

So one spot left on the practice squad that now consists of Martin Tevaseu, Robby Felix, Larry Taylor, Josh Mauga, and those three. Pretty sure we'll get a good indication as to whether or not we stole Brown or Gilbert, if either of them is any good I'd guess they've got a good shot to move up to the active roster so nobody steals them - particularly Gilbert since he could just take Dixon's spot.

EDIT:

Word is Turner may end up on the PS as well.
                    Last edited by derza222; 09-07-2010, 10:23 PM.

Comment

• Here is the latest on the PS.

Cody Brown (LB)
                      Robby Felix (C)
                      Jarron Gilbert (DL)
                      Josh Mauga (LB)
                      Larry Taylor (WR)
                      Martin Tevaseu (DL)
                      Chauncey Washington (RB)

I'm so pumped that we have Cody Brown. This could be a huge steal.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Brown definitely could be a steal, I think we have a better shot with Gilbert though. At least he was miscast in that scheme.

Read a rumor that O'Connell is coming back on a 2 year deal, he'll be on IR this year and apparently they still like him as a long-term backup or something along those lines.

Comment

• http://www.ganggreennation.com/2010/...wasnt-offended

I'm not sure how serious this is but we really don't need any more distractions.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

http://www.ganggreennation.com/2010/...wasnt-offended

I'm not sure how serious this is but we really don't need any more distractions.
                            That and the issue with the whole Jets West thing that Schotty and Rex attended - which wasn't allowed even though they didn't instruct.

Regardless, really excited for gameday today. The team is missing a lot of pieces and I think the Ravens are a really dangerous team. Should tell us a lot about where the team is at, sucks that I've got class late so I'll miss all of the first half and the beginning of the second.

Interesting that they're only bringing 3 WR's this game, probably will be a lot of tight ends and I bet Keller gets split out in the slot a bunch, Woodhead might play some slot too. Should be tough to run on Baltimore and if they can't with so few receivers it could be a long day. IF the running game does get going though this game could be a long one for the Ravens, should be able to keep tailbacks and fullbacks very fresh.

Comment

• Can someone tell me what its going to take for the Jets to take shots down the field?

Pennington didn't until the week he was going to lose his job.
                              Clemens refused to.
                              Sanchez did last year on occasion, but it seems to have been explained to him that this is the New York Jets and there is only one type of pass allowed here: the check down pass. >:( >:( >:(

Do the Jets need to bring in Rex Grossman? Is that what its going to take?

The longest completion the Jets had was 13 yards. Thats a ****** joke.

Comment

• Pathetic.

Sanchez is the new Captain Checkdown.
                                Slauson was getting abused all night.
                                Keller steps out of bounds a yard before the sticks on 4th down.....Seriously?
                                Penalties, penalties and some more penalties.

On the bright side, Revis did not allow a completion.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information