X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
    Pathetic.

Sanchez is the new Captain Checkdown.
    Its been almost a decade since the Jets had a QB willing to throw the ball down the field other than the one year we had Favre. I have to imagine this is an organizational problem.
    Last edited by Crickett; 09-13-2010, 09:57 PM.

Comment

• Would've been nice to see us throw the ball past the first down marker more than twice all game. That was very tough to watch. We did decent running the ball but it seemed like we were scared of letting Sanchez do anything. Maybe we have to go back to that color code play calling I don't know. All I read this off-season was how Sanchez was ready to take that "next step" and the only difference was him calling audibles on every play and then either checking down or running. Maybe we bring in Brad Smith permanently and run some old school option offense from now on? lol

Comment

• If the O turns in another performance like this I'm calling for Schotty's head. At least this was against the 2nd best D in the league. This team has way too much talent on offense to be as absolutely atrocious as they were tonight

Sig by Me

Comment

• Honestly, when Keller stepped out of bounds I almost threw the remote right through my tv.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by JETS5128 View Post
            If the O turns in another performance like this I'm calling for Schotty's head. At least this was against the 2nd best D in the league. This team has way too much talent on offense to be as absolutely atrocious as they were tonight
            That's not an excuse. Not when you play to the strengths of that defense and avoid taking advantages of the weaknesses. Not when you're unwilling to air it out against a Ravens secondary without Ed Reed. Its not like they have Chris McAllister and Gary Baxter/Samari Rolle back there. Those days have long passed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crickett View Post
              Its been almost a decade since the Jets had a QB willing to throw the ball down the field other than the one year we had Favre. I have to imagine this is an organizational problem.
              I think you're on to something. Besides Favre, the last guy that would throw the ball deep was Vinny and that was along time ago.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• The gameplan was ridiculous here, no challenging an unproven Baltimore secondary and running the ball too much in odd situations against a pretty good run defense. Forget the downfield plays, run some intermediate stuff first, get Sanchez some confidence, keep the defense on the field and you've got more plays to take some shots deep. They've got to get rid of this idea that if Sanchez doesn't lose the game they'll win, because they need more than that from the quarterback even with a great run game and defense. I'm not saying completely unleash him, but something like we saw in the 2009 playoffs would be nice. At least let the guy throw the damn ball. Also, penalties were freaking ridiculous - completely different game if Edwards doesn't run into the kicker. The general secondary was pretty rough also, at least the run defense looks rock solid.

Comment

• Kris Jenkins is out for the year. (Torn ACL)

Here's what I posted about it in another thread.

Just fantastic. /sarcasm

I was able to walk off so I was hoping he would be ok but apparently not. He was thinking about retirement last year so don't be surprised if he calls it quits.

As for the Jets, at least Sione Pouha made great strides last year. He's no Kris Jenkins but he's serviceable.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Kris Jenkins is out for the year. (Torn ACL)

Here's what I posted about it in another thread.
                    Yeah I posted something similar in another thread, at least Pouha is solid. I bet he does call it quits, think the position needs to be addressed in the draft (should've been for awhile now IMO). I could see Gilbert getting added to the added roster if he's played well on the PS to help DL depth, maybe that NT from UNLV also. If not, we could end up seeing a lot more 4-3 type looks since NT depth is nonexistant.

Complete side thought, Jets need to take all of that conservative stuff off of Sanchez and let the kid play. If he makes mistakes he makes mistakes, but grinding out a few close wins this year and finishing close to .500 isn't worth destroying his development by crushing his confidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by derza222 View Post
                      Complete side thought, Jets need to take all of that conservative stuff off of Sanchez and let the kid play. If he makes mistakes he makes mistakes, but grinding out a few close wins this year and finishing close to .500 isn't worth destroying his development by crushing his confidence.
                      As you know, I'm not one of Sanchez' fans but he is our QB so the training wheels have to come off. I'll take take an interception a game if the kid takes some chances and makes some plays. Last night was unacceptable. I'm not blaming it all on Sanchez. Schotty's playcalling was questionable but Sanchez has the ball in his hands and he has to do something with it.

I find it interesting that only 3 WR's were active. That tells me that they really had no interest in throwing the ball. It doesn't make any sense considering Baltimore's secondary is weak.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

As you know, I'm not one of Sanchez' fans but he is our QB so the training wheels have to come off. I'll take take an interception a game if the kid takes some chances and makes some plays. Last night was unacceptable. I'm not blaming it all on Sanchez. Schotty's playcalling was questionable but Sanchez has the ball in his hands and he has to do something with it.

I find it interesting that only 3 WR's were active. That tells me that they really had no interest in throwing the ball. It doesn't make any sense considering Baltimore's secondary is weak.
                        Yeah, the 3 WR thing was odd to me even before the game. Just not sure how they planned on moving the ball when they show no willingness to even throw it - can't win in this league just pounding the rock all the time, at least not against good teams. You have to be able to throw it.

The playcalling I thought was bad - they ran and passed in odd situations and didn't show a willingness to take shots - but it's the behind the scenes stuff I'm worried about. They keep telling him to not lose the game and stay conservative, get yards checking it down, they're going to ruin him as a quarterback. He'll have no confidence and won't be able to push the ball downfield, which is a must. If you want to have a run-first offense, run some playaction and push the ball downfield - Sanchez is capable of at least trying it and the offense looked much better that way in the playoffs. Why throw the training wheels back on and run an offense that you'd run with Chad Pennington under center?

Comment

• Originally posted by derza222 View Post
                          Yeah, the 3 WR thing was odd to me even before the game. Just not sure how they planned on moving the ball when they show no willingness to even throw it - can't win in this league just pounding the rock all the time, at least not against good teams. You have to be able to throw it.
                          We kind of had 4 WR's if you count Woodhead but regardless it was very odd. After a day to digest I don't hate the game plan as much as I did last night. We looked dominant on defense through the first quarter and a half and if it weren't for all of the penalties (which you can't really be ready for) we would've won that game. There's no question we should have thrown it down field more but despite that we really still should have won. I don't think there's any reason to overreact, it was an ugly game that we almost pulled out and there's no way we go into next weeks game with that same game plan. Maybe it's just me trying to stay positive but all of the talk on ESPN and the internet seems to be jumping the gun a little bit.

Comment

• Apparently Woodhead was cut for Clowney...think that would've made more sense before this game. Love Woodhead too so it sucks that he got cut, but we'll see what happens I'm sure they'd like to keep him around.

Comment

• must win?

Only week two but is this a must win? If they lose the could easily end up 1-3 and have a hard road to hoe. Thoughts?

Comment

• If the jets lose to the pats then they are in big trouble. If the get smacked around by the pats they are done. lol. Ryan has to win this game or else.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information