Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't think it's a must win. Obviously stsrting the season 0-2 would be bad but certainly not the end of the world. Then we play Miami. If we're overrated, then so are they. Henne doesn't scare me at all and I have lots of confidence in our run defense to stop Ricky and Ronnie. Then comes Buffalo, Minnesota and Denver. IMO, the very worst we'll start is 3-3.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
      I don't think it's a must win. Obviously stsrting the season 0-2 would be bad but certainly not the end of the world. Then we play Miami. If we're overrated, then so are they. Henne doesn't scare me at all and I have lots of confidence in our run defense to stop Ricky and Ronnie. Then comes Buffalo, Minnesota and Denver. IMO, the very worst we'll start is 3-3.
      I think 2-4 is pretty realistic to be honest, could be a rough season this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by derza222 View Post
        I think 2-4 is pretty realistic to be honest, could be a rough season this year.
        I guess. I'm just not buying Miami and I think, well hope that our offense will turn around.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by derza222 View Post
          Might sound crazy but I like our chances this week versus New England. They don't have Ty Warren and they have a younger, questionable line backing core. I like us getting back to our ground and pound this week. A lot of players on our offense have something to prove and I think we will definitely take some shots down field. Not to mention the penalties shouldn't be as much of a factor. My predictions: Jets 21-17 and we start the year 4-2.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
            I don't think it's a must win.
            I don't either, but I do see it as a must do better. The Jets gameplan really played into the Ravens hands by not testing a subpar secondary and instead playing towards the Ravens strengths on defense (the front seven).

If the Jets pull that stunt again against a team that had this kind of day

Player Att Comp Yds Comp % Yds/Att TD TD % INT INT % Long Sck Sack/Lost Rating
            Carson Palmer 50 34 345 68.0 6.9 2 4.0 1 2.0 51 1 4 92.5

week 1,

then my hopes regarding the Jets are going to have to shift away from the playoffs and towards the 2011 NFL draft and the hiring of a new offensive coordinator.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crickett View Post
              I don't either, but I do see it as a must do better. The Jets gameplan really played into the Ravens hands by not testing a subpar secondary and instead playing towards the Ravens strengths on defense (the front seven).

If the Jets pull that stunt again against a team that had this kind of day

Player Att Comp Yds Comp % Yds/Att TD TD % INT INT % Long Sck Sack/Lost Rating
              Carson Palmer 50 34 345 68.0 6.9 2 4.0 1 2.0 51 1 4 92.5

week 1,

then my hopes regarding the Jets are going to have to shift away from the playoffs and towards the 2011 NFL draft and the hiring of a new offensive coordinator.
              Interesting thing I read a little while ago and posted in the Sanchez thread in the NFL forum...In 2006 Chad Pennington threw for 300 yards in 3 or 4 games as the Jets' quarterback. Since then, not one Jets QB has thrown for 300 yards in a game. And Pennington threw for 300 yards 2 or 3 times in Miami the year after he left, and Favre obviously went bananas last year in Minnesota. It'll suck for Sanchez to have to learn a new offense, but I'm fully on the get Schotty out of town bandwagon right now. They've got a nice young QB and a bunch of toys on the offensive side of the ball, time to start using them.
              Last edited by derza222; 09-16-2010, 12:58 PM.

Comment

• But

If they lose then they have to win 3 out of the next 4. That means they will have to beat Miami and Buff, and then one out of Minny and Denver. they will then be what? 3-3? It is a must win.

Comment

• Big win. Looked like a completely different team out there, I was definitely impressed. Hopefully that's the team we'll be seeing the rest of the year, or at least something close to it. No Sanchez turnovers again was great to see, I'd like to see the run game get rolling a bit more but no need to get too greedy I guess. Hopefully Revis is ok, but the defense looked perfectly fine without him.

Comment

• Awesome win. Nobody gave the Jets a chance and Sanchez stepped up and played one hell of a game.

After reading the Patriots team board all week, I have 3 words: **** the Patriots.
                    Last edited by Hurricanes25; 09-19-2010, 09:47 PM.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Loved how we played today. It looked for a little like Brady and Sanchez traded places the way #6 was slingin it out there. Brady looked rattled towards the end which was fun to watch and Cromartie was a beast today. We might be a little deeper of a team than I originally thought. It was good to see us step up when Revis and Mangold left and we all knew Pouha and Devito would step up for Big Jenks. Can't wait for next Sunday night, first place is within reach!

Comment

• Brady wasn't rattled, he was just braindead. He kept jacking it to Moss. He has the most talent of any offense around him and he wants to throw to a triple covered Moss.

I was impressed by the Jets finding Butler and completely exploiting him. The Jets were more impressive in the run game, in the pass game, the special teams game, and the overall defensive game. They out coached the Patriots. The Patriots were lucky to only lose by 14, in spite of what looked like a game that might get out of hand the other way after the first half (the missed field goal was ominous and seemed foreshadowing).

Overall, it was a good game in the first half and the second half was an abomination for Patriots fans.
                        **** her in da *****!

Comment

• Originally posted by descendency View Post
                          Brady wasn't rattled, he was just braindead. He kept jacking it to Moss.
                          Rattled, brain dead, out of sync...what ever you want to call it I loved every second of it. I agree he did seem to just lob it up there to Moss way too many times. I was surprised they didnt go to Welker more and Hernandez killed us in the first half. Those two young tight might give us problems down the road.

Comment

• One thing I love about this team is injuries aren't an excuse. Week one they're playing without the top WR (Holmes) and pass rusher (Pace) and lose Jenkins who's such a big part of the defense, and just keep plugging along defensively. The team's giving up like 1.8 YPC so far. No starting free safety either week one. Last week another starting OLB in Taylor was down for a point, they plugged in a guy to fill the spot and the defense does fine. Mangold goes down for a series, Turner comes in and they score a touchdown. Revis leaves the game with a pulled hammy, the secondary adjusts and plays better in the second half without him. They beat the Pats without 3 of the team's best players for the entire game, and arguably the team's best player for the entire second half - where they won the game. Guys will continue to come in and make up for missing players for whatever reason, and that's something that I don't think we've seen with a Jets team before. Same thing last year too.

Comment

• Just over two days until the big game...How's everyone feeling about us going in? I'm not as confident as I was going into the New England game, but I still think we will pull out a tight victory. Miami scares me a little more than New England this year for sure, but I like how we played them in the 2nd game last year (minus special teams). I'm really hoping we see the Week 8 Chad Henne from last year and instead of the week 5 one, but regardless this is a huge game early in the year and I can't wait.

Comment

• Originally posted by msolimani View Post
                                Just over two days until the big game...How's everyone feeling about us going in? I'm not as confident as I was going into the New England game, but I still think we will pull out a tight victory. Miami scares me a little more than New England this year for sure, but I like how we played them in the 2nd game last year (minus special teams). I'm really hoping we see the Week 8 Chad Henne from last year and instead of the week 5 one, but regardless this is a huge game early in the year and I can't wait.
                                Im much more confident this week than i was going onto last weeks. IMO Miami hasnt looked impressive at all so far and although their D is much better than New Englands, their offense is half as potent. My biggest fear is the atmosphere of the game getting to Sanchez, but last year it looked like he was more than up to the occasion and loved the primetime game in miami. If he limits mistake i think this game is pretty similar to last weeks. Close through the first half, over halfway through the fourth

24-10

Sig by Me

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information