This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by thetedginnshow View Post
    He's actually recovering if he hasn't turned around yet, in those cases when he's a few steps off. In the times where he's on the guy and he's not looking back while making contact with them, that's kind of just something you do or you don't. As much as they'd like to coach him, he'll continue to do that. But I guess we'll see. However, there are things about his game that any amount of coaching won't change his inadequacies. He's lucky he's playing against bite-size Bess.
    Actually, the thing I notice about Wilson is that he is pretty good in the slot. Just on the outside he is pretty weak. Which should fit in nicely once we get Revis back, so Wilson can stay in the slot.

He definitely hasn't been amazing by any stretch, but I trust Rex too much to give up on Wilson 3 games in.

McKnight definitely was a miss, but it still made sense, sorta. Tanny was trying to keep us under the "cap" just in case for next year, and we wouldn't have gotten everyone else we got, or resigned everyone else if we kept Leon.

Comment

• Originally posted by AHungryWalrus View Post
      Actually, the thing I notice about Wilson is that he is pretty good in the slot. Just on the outside he is pretty weak. Which should fit in nicely once we get Revis back, so Wilson can stay in the slot.

He definitely hasn't been amazing by any stretch, but I trust Rex too much to give up on Wilson 3 games in.

McKnight definitely was a miss, but it still made sense, sorta. Tanny was trying to keep us under the "cap" just in case for next year, and we wouldn't have gotten everyone else we got, or resigned everyone else if we kept Leon.
      That's the thing though. I think even people that aren't particularly well versed at scouting could tell Wilson is a nickel corner, and it doesn't make too much sense to me to waste a first round draft pick on a nickel corner. It just seems like they overreacted to what lost them the shot at the Super Bowl (in part, anyway).

But it's great that you trust in Rex. Granted the only pick he truly made was Conner.
      Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• Trevor Pryce is coming to town...not a bad mid-season addition. Should be able to jump right in and make an impact in that DE rotation. After we lost Pitoitua for the year and now that Pouha is playing NT almost full-time with the injury to Jenks, DE was getting a little thin so I think this is a solid move. Knows the scheme obviously and he's not a bad player, could add a bit to the pass rush too.

Comment

• I love the Pryce pick-up

Sig by Me

Comment

• I love the signing as well. This gives us a much needed body along the d-line.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by thetedginnshow View Post
              That's the thing though. I think even people that aren't particularly well versed at scouting could tell Wilson is a nickel corner, and it doesn't make too much sense to me to waste a first round draft pick on a nickel corner. It just seems like they overreacted to what lost them the shot at the Super Bowl (in part, anyway).

But it's great that you trust in Rex. Granted the only pick he truly made was Conner.
              Honestly, with as much 3 corner sets as we play, how is that a waste? He's essentially a starter.

I trust in Rex's defensive talent evaluation for now, seeing as we haven't seen enough of Wilson to really make our own judgment. After this season, then I will be more prepared to say whether I think he will be a bust or not.

You're overreacting to a rookie corner getting thrust into a starting role in a largely man to man defense. Give him some time.

Pryce signing is sweet. I loved his interviews.

Comment

• Hooray! As soon as Pryce got released I was hoping he'd come over.

Originally posted by AHungryWalrus View Post
                You're overreacting to a rookie corner getting thrust into a starting role in a largely man to man defense. Give him some time.
                lawl no

I was just going of my preconceived notions of him before he was drafted. But eh. We shall see.
                Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• Not reading too much into todays game, we took care of business like we should of. Just like to say though, that Greene and LT are absolutely perfect together. Both are very effective running inside and outside. Greene beats the D up and LT makes people miss and outruns them. Not to mention they both have breakaway speed and the ability to take it to the house at any moment (although not as much for LT). Probably the best back tandem in the league right now

Sig by Me

Comment

• Originally posted by JETS5128 View Post
                    Not reading too much into todays game, we took care of business like we should of. Just like to say though, that Greene and LT are absolutely perfect together. Both are very effective running inside and outside. Greene beats the D up and LT makes people miss and outruns them. Not to mention they both have breakaway speed and the ability to take it to the house at any moment (although not as much for LT). Probably the best back tandem in the league right now
                    What I took away from this game was that the only thing I think you could really criticize the Jets for was the special teams play. But you know what? The Jets just beat up the AFC East the past three weeks and thats always something to be happy about. Sanchez just had his third consecutive good game. Keller is making his way into the upper echelon of TE's. Brian Scottenheimer has apparently pulled his head out of his ***. Brad Smith can be used as an actual wildcat quarterback.

Next week Santonio Holmes returns, and I expect Darrelle Revis will too.

Comment

• Guys, the Jets are the AFC East team I hate the least.
                      Can you please just let us win once in a while?*

Thankyou,
                      Bills2083

*starting next season, of course; for I want Andrew Luck with the first overall pick in the 2011 NFL Draft

Originally Posted by scottyboy
                      my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
                      But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

• Originally posted by Crickett View Post
                        What I took away from this game was that the only thing I think you could really criticize the Jets for was the special teams play. But you know what? The Jets just beat up the AFC East the past three weeks and thats always something to be happy about. Sanchez just had his third consecutive good game. Keller is making his way into the upper echelon of TE's. Brian Scottenheimer has apparently pulled his head out of his ***. Brad Smith can be used as an actual wildcat quarterback.

Next week Santonio Holmes returns, and I expect Darrelle Revis will too.
                        Calvin Pace too, maybe? Really pleased they went out there and took care of business, with a MNF game against Favre coming up against a divisional opponent with a bad record that always plays the Jets tough. I actually thought they might come out a little flat in this one (though I tend to be negative when it comes to the Jets), especially after a huge Sunday night win over a division rival that's expected to compete for first in the AFC East. What this game showed is that if the Jets are playing a team that can't stop them running the ball, they can run all over them and just absolutely dominate the game. Last two weeks they showed they could win when they needed to throw it, this week they showed they could really physically dominate an opponent. Supposed to be a gimme game, but these are the ones that they lose sometimes. Really pleased with how this game went.

Comment

• Next week should be a great game. Hopefully Ellis doesn't push himself and they let him sit. I know we're hurting on the line, but it's definitely better to have him for the long haul. Hopefully Revis and Pace aren't pushed into action if they aren't ready either. Can't wait for Santonio though!

Comment

• So...the MNF game just got a lot more interesting. How are you guys feeling about it? I'm cautiously optimistic, but the Vikings should be tough. This is a huge game for them, too. Really looking forward to it, part of me wants to get tickets and go but they're pretty expensive and I'm not sure what the deal is with parking at the new stadium either, thought there was some complicating factor with needing a pass to park at the stadium and stuff.

Comment

• Im pretty sure you need a parking pass i addition to a ticket, and its expensive.

As for the game, I'm pretty nervous about it. The Vikings really need this game alot more than we do and their coming off a bye. Although we are clearly the better team i feel like it could just be one of those games, hopefully im wrong though

Sig by Me

Comment

• Originally posted by JETS5128 View Post
                                As for the game, I'm pretty nervous about it. The Vikings really need this game alot more than we do and their coming off a bye. Although we are clearly the better team i feel like it could just be one of those games, hopefully im wrong though
                                Thats how I felt about the Dolphins game. I think it comes from being a Jets fan.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information