Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think he threw it once this year and it went for a TD as Derza ppointed out.

Any chance Ducasse gets a look at RT?

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
      I think he threw it once this year and it went for a TD as Derza ppointed out.

Any chance Ducasse gets a look at RT?
      Would be interesting, I feel like he's more of a long-term prospect and since they were trying to groom him as a guard with the language issues and everything that may confuse him a bit. I think giving him a look at tackle in practice and seeing how it goes could be interesting, but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Was thinking about how, hindsight being 20/20, they could've taken Freeman at 17 a couple years ago and the team would be a lot different now if they had. More assets and depth too. I looked back in this thread, apparently I really hated Freeman coming out. Shows how much I know. Not necessarily saying Sanchez is going to be worse long-term, but I think Freeman's the better player right now and would be a really interesting fit on our team based on what he's doing down in Tampa.

Comment

• So, Lowery is moving to Safety full time. Some of us have been calling for this a while now so I'm pretty intrigued about it.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• We'll see what happens. I'm guessing since he's played there some if this would be a slam dunk they would've made the change awhile ago. But you never know, hope for the best. Wonder if he can work his way into a starting job before the year's up.

Thoughts on whether or not the Jets get into the playoffs and if so what happens?

Comment

• John Clayton saying No Polamalu Sunday

Rejoice

Sig by Me

Comment

• Originally posted by derza222 View Post
              We'll see what happens. I'm guessing since he's played there some if this would be a slam dunk they would've made the change awhile ago. But you never know, hope for the best. Wonder if he can work his way into a starting job before the year's up.

Thoughts on whether or not the Jets get into the playoffs and if so what happens?
              No idea. We could get hot and have confident Sanchez take us to the bowl, or we could get routed our very first game.

If we make it...

Comment

• The Jets need a win in a game like tomorrow's to completely change my outlook on this season. I don't expect it at all, but it'd be lovely.

Comment

• Haven t been here in a while. I am not here to offer any concrete analysis or anything of that kind. I just decided to drop in and say that I hate the Jets with an absolute burning passion. An unquenchable flame. However, I still love this team with all of my heart. Happy Holidays to all you Jets fans. Stay gold.

Comment

• Really pleased they won that, I'd say that's the team's most impressive win of the year so far.

Comment

• Good game to watch, congrats on the win.

From a Steelers point of view:

- That was a clear PI at the end, ball should have been within the 10 yard mark, at least.
                      - Really surprised we dialed down on the blitz, we didn't try to pressure very often.

And the most important point of all:

- Our offensive coordinator is mentally ********.

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

Really pleased they won that, I'd say that's the team's most impressive win of the year so far.
                        Play calling on Defense sucked though. 3 man rush down the stretch to leave Ben with all the time in the world was ridiculous.

Comment

Really pleased they won that, I'd say that's the team's most impressive win of the year so far.
                          There are some things about the win that concern me though.

1. Some time in the mid to late third, the Jets began to get the intermediate passing game going. And as quickly as they began, the Jets stopped throwing intermediate passes.

2. The prevent defense. "The Jets rush three" is not something I thought I would ever hear from a Rex Ryan defense. Ever. The mere sound of that has me nervous.

On the other hand....

Dropped passes were kept to a minimum. There may have been some, but I didn't see 'em.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crickett View Post

1. Some time in the mid to late third, the Jets began to get the intermediate passing game going. And as quickly as they began, the Jets stopped throwing intermediate passes.

2. The prevent defense. "The Jets rush three" is not something I thought I would ever hear from a Rex Ryan defense. Ever. The mere sound of that has me nervous.

On the other hand....

Dropped passes were kept to a minimum. There may have been some, but I didn't see 'em.
                            The offensive play calling, while overly conservative at times, was pretty damn good. The touchdown for Sanchez was a really good call as was the direct snap to LT. I think it definitely shows progress even if its not quite there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crickett View Post

On the other hand....

1 would be the only criticism of Schotty I had today. Sanchez has shown that he is pretty good in the intermediate game. Definitely something we should look to use more in the future

Sig by Me

Comment

• Very happy with the win but we were so close of giving it away. The team is killing me this year.

Some thoughts-
                                - Sanchez was efficient. No turnovers and made enough throws for us to win.
                                - One of Braylons best games as a Jet. he made a few nice catches.
                                - Drew Coleman was all over the field today. 2 big sacks on Ben. Happy to see another DB step up.
                                - I'm happy we have Brad Smith.
                                - Rex's clock management is horrible (end of 1st half). This is not the only time he has messed up in these situationss and it won't be the lasy.
                                - Time for a new kicker. If Rex and co. doesn't have confidence in Folk kicking from 49 yards away, time to bring someone else in.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information