Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great write up man. I hope you stick around here.

I'll add Shonn Greene as another X factor. As you said later in the post, he is the bruiser and has looked much better than LT lately. If Greene gets going, the Jets will have success tonight.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Nice win. Not at all what I expected, but definitely glad they managed to pull it off. Defense much worse than the score indicated, Sanchez played well when it counted, happy with how well they ran it. Next week should be interesting.

Comment

• Good Game. Congrats and goodluck.

Sig by BoneKrusher
        Originally posted by killxswitch
        Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.

Comment

• Still upset about the loss, but congrats on the win. Regardless of what happens next, don't water down the win, and enjoy seeing your team for another week and maybe more.
          Is that a rash?

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece

Comment

• Originally posted by derza222 View Post
            Nice win. Not at all what I expected, but definitely glad they managed to pull it off. Defense much worse than the score indicated, Sanchez played well when it counted, happy with how well they ran it. Next week should be interesting.
            Sanchez made a big throw on the last drive, but for the most part, even late in the game, he stunk up the joint with repeated comically overthrown passes.

I'm happy to see the Jets pull off the win though and the way they did it validates (at least in my mind) that the Jets very much could have won last year against the Colts if Shonn Greene hadn't gotten hurt before the half.

I'm also happy to see Revis Island back in full force.

Can someone tell me if that was Folk we heard yell YES!!! as the kick went through?

Comment

• Now you owe San Diego a second rounder. Hehe.
              Me and Keak Da Sneak were legendary.

Comment

• Revis, Brick and our running game were fantastic tonight.

Sanchez was awful, no getting around that. He did however make a few throws when we needed him to. But still awful.

Give credit to the coaching staff. Some of those halftime adjustments went a long way.

I'm just happy we live to see another day.
                Last edited by Hurricanes25; 01-09-2011, 12:19 AM.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris View Post
                  Now you owe San Diego a second rounder. Hehe.
                  I don't mind. Despite having a bad game tonight, if there is one person I want to see the Jets resign this off season, its Cromartie.

Comment

• See you guys next week... should be a good close game this time around
                    -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• Originally posted by Crickett View Post
                      Sanchez made a big throw on the last drive, but for the most part, even late in the game, he stunk up the joint with repeated comically overthrown passes.

I'm happy to see the Jets pull off the win though and the way they did it validates (at least in my mind) that the Jets very much could have won last year against the Colts if Shonn Greene hadn't gotten hurt before the half.

I'm also happy to see Revis Island back in full force.

Can someone tell me if that was Folk we heard yell YES!!! as the kick went through?
                      Yeah, I worded that really poorly. The beginning of the game was awful, the last drive was acceptable. Good enough. But it felt good because the beginning was just so, so bad.

I like the fact that despite the fact the defense seemed to play awful and Sanchez was really bad they managed to win. Revis was awesome as well.

Not sure how I feel about next week's game, I definitely hope it's a good one. Also, a pass rush would be nice. All game I felt the Colts could get whatever they wanted in the passing game, still think they made a mistake not throwing the ball more.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
                        Great write up man. I hope you stick around here.

I'll add Shonn Greene as another X factor. As you said later in the post, he is the bruiser and has looked much better than LT lately. If Greene gets going, the Jets will have success tonight.
                        Thanks. Greene at this point just is the much better running back at purely running the ball, even though LT had better stats on Saturday. I'm glad he did not only for the team but also personally as he seems like a genuinly nice guy. The media of course would have jumped on him if he couldnt get it going and the Jets lost.

In the end though, HUGE props to the offensive line. They did what they couldnt do last year, just lining up and ramming it forward against the Colts. Indy knew we would run it, put 9 guys in the box but they just could not stop us.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crickett View Post
                          I don't mind. Despite having a bad game tonight, if there is one person I want to see the Jets resign this off season, its Cromartie.
                          I dont know. Not that I dont want to see him back (at the right price of course and not nearly at elite money) but I think David Harris and Braylon Edwards are much more important than Cro (you could also make an argument for Holmes) who in general hasnt been great this year. It all depends on the asking price of him.

Rex needs good cornerbacks and we need talent opposite of Revis. But when Cro wants to see big money, you gotta evaluate if he really has played well and did his job. I know that he didnt do it on defense Saturday, once again letting Garcon run wild. Yes, Pool should have come over but the coverage by Cro was abysmal and Rex also ripped into him for that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flaming Mo View Post
                            I dont know. Not that I dont want to see him back (at the right price of course and not nearly at elite money) but I think David Harris and Braylon Edwards are much more important than Cro (you could also make an argument for Holmes) who in general hasnt been great this year. It all depends on the asking price of him.

Rex needs good cornerbacks and we need talent opposite of Revis. But when Cro wants to see big money, you gotta evaluate if he really has played well and did his job. I know that he didnt do it on defense Saturday, once again letting Garcon run wild. Yes, Pool should have come over but the coverage by Cro was abysmal and Rex also ripped into him for that.
                            David Harris I could agree with, but I really don't see any of the receivers as being more important than Cromartie. Yes, he had a bad game against the Colts, but watching the Jets this season, if they didn't have cornerbacks they did this year, I don't think the Jets defense would be even in the top half in the league.

Very simply put, the Jets haven't been able to get nearly as much pressure on opposing quarterbacks as last year. IMO, Revis and Cromartie ARE the Jets pass defense.

Braylon Edwards and Santonio Holmes on the other hand have made some big plays but on the whole have been horribly inconsistent on the field all season long. From a WR group that is supposed to be "a QB's wet dream", I certainly expected better than what I saw this past season.

There have been games where the smartest thing the Schottenheimer could have done was to just abandon the pass game completely because Edwards, Cotchery, Keller and Holmes weren't catching anything thrown their way.

The games against Green Bay and the second game against Miami come to mind.

Comment

• They're all pretty important obviously, it's tough to differentiate. There's such clear needs on defense at safety, on the DL, and for a pass rusher that you definitely don't want to open up other needs. Holmes or Edwards has to be re-signed IMO, because without them you've got Cotchery and not much else at WR. Just not enough to get it done, J-Co I love but hasn't been great this year, and it's tough to try to revamp that entire position. Inside linebackers are the strength of the defense right now along with corners, so taking that away hopefully adding in other areas would help and ILB isn't exactly a premium position, but Harris would definitely be missed big time. Then with Cro he played so well in some games and corners are the strength of the pass D as Crickett mentioned. With his lapses he could possibly be expendable, I think a lot depends on the development of Kyle Wilson next year. Could always try to get a different corner at better value, too.

Comment

• Why are there more Patriots fans all over the place than Jets fans?

Anyway, I hate New England and want you guys to win. So I am thinking of what to do to slow down Brady.

I think you gotta put Revis on Welker. Deion Branch is okay, nothing special.
                                Cromartie is 6-1 right? Can he neutralize one of Brady's TE's?

We almost beat N.E. there with Rodgers not playing right b4 X-mas.... I think you guys have a shot. The pressure is all on the Patriots so keep it close enough for 3 quarters, they might choke.

You need to chop block the schit out of fat Vince Wilfork, early and often. Don't worry about him getting mad. Take his head out of the game.

Then pound the hell out of them with Greene & Tomlinson over and over.... will set up the play actions to Keller, and the deep balls to Edwards and Holmes. Also, a trick play or two from Brad Smith.

Can you guys catch them off guard with some vintage Miami Wildcat stuff?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information