Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't understand why everyone thinks Okoye would be a good fit. He's pretty much a clone of Dewayne Robertson, just a little smaller. I've seen quite a bit of him this season and he does not seem like much of a NT.

I still have yet to understand why everyone thinks we need a cornerback. Our secondary played excellent this year. It was not the cornerbacks that held us back against NE, it was a lack of any type of pass rush (other than Bryan Thomas and Kerry Rhodes) and our weak defensive line that was getting beat up on the trenches. Our first priority should be one of those two.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zim3031
      I don't understand why everyone thinks Okoye would be a good fit. He's pretty much a clone of Dewayne Robertson, just a little smaller. I've seen quite a bit of him this season and he does not seem like much of a NT.

I still have yet to understand why everyone thinks we need a cornerback. Our secondary played excellent this year. It was not the cornerbacks that held us back against NE, it was a lack of any type of pass rush (other than Bryan Thomas and Kerry Rhodes) and our weak defensive line that was getting beat up on the trenches. Our first priority should be one of those two.
      ok the reason our secondary did good statistically is because we have a horrible run defense. we are a clone of the oakland raiders. everyone says "wowwww look the raiders have the #4 ranked pass defense in the nfl, those guys are good." its becuse everyone runs the ball on them, as they do to us. they run and run, the clock moves, the defense tires out, and passing is rarely needed. dyson is good, poteat is decent, miller needs to be coached up, barrett sucks, coleman is decent, and rhodes is god. we need a lottttttt of help at CB... people just think theyre good becus we get run on. and i also disagree about okoye, i think he will be a lot better than robertson. and plus, hes only 20 so with coaching he has a lotttt of upside. okoye alone will transform the run defense, and help the pass defense becus he will have a pass rush

sig by JETS5128

Comment

• Originally posted by Scorch
        I think we take Okoye if he is available there, if not, we take Lynch if he's available. If none of those two people fall, we take a shut down cornerback like McCauley.
        ok i like taking okoye... but i HATE taking lynch. we have a quick guy with leon, if we got a big bulky guy we would have an unstoppable combo. bush/hunt will both be around 2nd round, so wed be able to get a better-fitting RB a whole 20 something picks later. its just makes more sense. and yes i agree with the mccauley pick.

sig by JETS5128

Comment

• Did I hear the words VILMA and TRADE in the same sentence?

We'll give you Antonio Pierce for Vilma today if you wanted that trade. AP could work in the 3-4.

DO IT JETS, DO IT! Make my day!

So yeah...trading Vilma would be very dumb. He's still one of the best MIKEs in the game. Give him an offseason to bulk up.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense
            Did I hear the words VILMA and TRADE in the same sentence?

We'll give you Antonio Pierce for Vilma today if you wanted that trade. AP could work in the 3-4.

So yeah...trading Vilma would be very dumb. He's still one of the best MIKEs in the game. Give him an offseason to bulk up.

i dont no about bulking up. hes short, but he definately has enough muscle to get the job done. and yah i totally think the trades are dumb, we could draft a RB that would be good enough. such assssssss bush/hunt second round

sig by JETS5128

Comment

• Originally posted by nyjetsguy27
              Originally posted by Zim3031
              I don't understand why everyone thinks Okoye would be a good fit. He's pretty much a clone of Dewayne Robertson, just a little smaller. I've seen quite a bit of him this season and he does not seem like much of a NT.

ok the reason our secondary did good statistically is because we have a horrible run defense. we are a clone of the oakland raiders. everyone says "wowwww look the raiders have the #4 ranked pass defense in the nfl, those guys are good." its becuse everyone runs the ball on them, as they do to us. they run and run, the clock moves, the defense tires out, and passing is rarely needed. dyson is good, poteat is decent, miller needs to be coached up, barrett sucks, coleman is decent, and rhodes is god. we need a lottttttt of help at CB... people just think theyre good becus we get run on. and i also disagree about okoye, i think he will be a lot better than robertson. and plus, hes only 20 so with coaching he has a lotttt of upside. okoye alone will transform the run defense, and help the pass defense becus he will have a pass rush
              Actually our pass defense has some very mediocre statistics. We're ranked 14th in the NFL. And I have to reiterate what I said in that the reason that our secondary appears to be very average is because we are forced to blitz so many guys that they are constantly left on an island. Most of the 3-4 teams in the league have some type of elite pass rusher, we don't, and are forced to compensate by sending an inordinate amount of blitzers. Hobson and Thomas are both nice but there's always room for another rushbacker.

Thank you for agreeing on how awful the run defense is. this is an extension of a weak defensive line. The weakest link is clearly Kimo who pretty much gives up at least 5 yards every time someone runs at him. Hence an Adam Carriker or Ray McDonald type would be a great addition.

the thing about Okoye is that his strengths are not suited to be a NT. His talents are using his strength and speed to get penetration and making plays in the backfield. That's NOT what a NT in the 3-4 is supposed to do. It's all about getting leverage and holding up the point of attack. Another thing that Okoye struggles with.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                Did I hear the words VILMA and TRADE in the same sentence?

get the hell out of here you giants fan ***********, how about i give u a box of tissues to cry about your pathetic coaching staff
                Yo lay off BBD he's the man.

And I'm with Zim here, front 7 needs help much more so than the secondary and Okoye is not a 3-4 NT.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zim3031
                  Originally posted by nyjetsguy27
                  Originally posted by Zim3031

Actually our pass defense has some very mediocre statistics. We're ranked 14th in the NFL. And I have to reiterate what I said in that the reason that our secondary appears to be very average is because we are forced to blitz so many guys that they are constantly left on an island. Most of the 3-4 teams in the league have some type of elite pass rusher, we don't, and are forced to compensate by sending an inordinate amount of blitzers. Hobson and Thomas are both nice but there's always room for another rushbacker.

Thank you for agreeing on how awful the run defense is. this is an extension of a weak defensive line. The weakest link is clearly Kimo who pretty much gives up at least 5 yards every time someone runs at him. Hence an Adam Carriker or Ray McDonald type would be a great addition.

the thing about Okoye is that his strengths are not suited to be a NT. His talents are using his strength and speed to get penetration and making plays in the backfield. That's NOT what a NT in the 3-4 is supposed to do. It's all about getting leverage and holding up the point of attack. Another thing that Okoye struggles with.
                  yah i have always agreed with wat u said about the defense looking bad becus we have been forced to blitz a lot. and the stuff u said about okoye might force me to re-evaluate my opinions. i thought hed be a good NT, but when u pointed it out like that maybe your right.

sig by JETS5128

Comment

• What do you guys think about C.J. Gladdis in the later rounds to fill in the CB position. He has good stats coming out of Clemson. Gladdis opting out of his senior year is exactly identical to Justin Miller opting out of his senior year with the Clemson Tigers. As we know Miller has helped Jets and was a steal in the later rounds. Hopefully Gladdis could be just as helpful to the Jets. I think the Jets should hold out until Gladdis for their CB situation.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Swamp
                      What do you guys think about C.J. Gladdis in the later rounds to fill in the CB position. He has good stats coming out of Clemson. Gladdis opting out of his senior year is exactly identical to Justin Miller opting out of his senior year with the Clemson Tigers. As we know Miller has helped Jets and was a steal in the later rounds. Hopefully Gladdis could be just as helpful to the Jets. I think the Jets should hold out until Gladdis for their CB situation.
                      Miller has been a great help on special teams, but he isn't doing so well at cornerback.

Comment

• Actually our pass defense has some very mediocre statistics. We're ranked 14th in the NFL. And I have to reiterate what I said in that the reason that our secondary appears to be very average is because we are forced to blitz so many guys that they are constantly left on an island. Most of the 3-4 teams in the league have some type of elite pass rusher, we don't, and are forced to compensate by sending an inordinate amount of blitzers. Hobson and Thomas are both nice but there's always room for another rushbacker.

Okoye gives the JETS options to move him or Robertson to DE in the 3-4. RDE and Kimo V. were our problem but we need a guy who like you said could play with leverage and get in the backfield. That said I don't think he'll be around where we pick. I think the OLB and the pass rusher pick argument are not that good. almost all of our sacks came from Hobson (olb) Thomas (olb) and Rhodes who Mangini uses in the "ROLE OF WILLIE MCGINEST" (he said that verbateum) except rhodes can cover as a safety in essence hes our blitzing OLB in certain cases. The Jets need and the top 3 can vary depending on who's avaibable...
                        CB,DL,RB,OL(Xs 2),WR
                        QB, OG, OLB, WR, CB, MLB, RB, FS

Exactly Why The Jets were the Coolest Team in the NFL under Rex, but Bowles is the man-see Arians speech:

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...x-in-town.html

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...e-for-you.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Scorch
                          Originally posted by The Swamp
                          What do you guys think about C.J. Gladdis in the later rounds to fill in the CB position. He has good stats coming out of Clemson. Gladdis opting out of his senior year is exactly identical to Justin Miller opting out of his senior year with the Clemson Tigers. As we know Miller has helped Jets and was a steal in the later rounds. Hopefully Gladdis could be just as helpful to the Jets. I think the Jets should hold out until Gladdis for their CB situation.
                          Miller has been a great help on special teams, but he isn't doing so well at cornerback.
                          yah miller is an amazing KR, but he is horrible in coverage. however, i still like him for some reason. i think its becus hes an in-your-face kinda guy. against the giants in the preseason he was trash talking to plaxico after every play despite the fact that he is like 7'11". but yah other than KR miller is pretty bad. and just so u no he wasnt a late round steal he was a second rounder if im not mistaken

sig by JETS5128

Comment

Originally posted by Scorch
                            Originally posted by The Swamp
                            yah miller is an amazing KR, but he is horrible in coverage. however, i still like him for some reason. i think its becus hes an in-your-face kinda guy. against the giants in the preseason he was trash talking to plaxico after every play despite the fact that he is like 7'11". but yah other than KR miller is pretty bad. and just so u no he wasnt a late round steal he was a second rounder if im not mistaken
                            yeah he definately plays hard and gives it his all, I could see him with a permanent nickel spot and obviously KR duties

^^Sig From Nvot9
                            J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!

Comment

• I haven't heard much about the Jets and Victor Abriamiri

1) is he good?
                              2) would we draft him?

^^Sig From Nvot9
                              J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!

Comment

• Originally posted by throwback54milkman
                                I haven't heard much about the Jets and Victor Abriamiri

1) is he good?
                                2) would we draft him?
                                i think hes pretty good. the only thing about him is that hes on notre dame and they play pretty much scrub teams all year. im pretty sure that i could rack up the stats against army and stanford every week. if the jets decide to go DE 1st or 2nd round though, id rather see someone else

sig by JETS5128

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information