Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EPIC WIN!!! What an effort by these Jets...

Comment

• Originally posted by Flaming Mo View Post
      Alright, we are only half a day away from the big game in Foxboro...

I really respect the Jets to come out fired up and extremely prepared for this game. The mental aspect of this contest works completely in their favor. They are the ones who have to avenge a loss, they are the underdogs, are much more experienced in big games lately than the Pats and Rex also fueled the hatred this week. This team thrives on the us against the world attitude and this week is exactly this kind of situation.

On offense I expect us to run a lot early, even if the Patriots stack the box. We should see a lot of quick, short throws on slants and out routes so that we limit the amount of snaps where Sanchez has to make a read at the end of the play. NE will be looking to stop the run and with Wilfork in there I dont see much success up the middle. LT underneath should be open all day and if we get to the edge with Greene we should be able to move it effectively. Sanchez should be used on a lot of roll outs and Schottenheimer has to move the pocket. I could also see the Jets having something up their sleeve like a Brad Smith pass or some kind of trick play. As we've seen in yesterday's playoff games, we just cant afford to turn the ball over. It seems like a moot point but taking care of the ball is so critical in the postseason, especially on the road.

The defense played very well last week and we need the same effort from this group this week. Guys like Bart Scott and David Harris have to send a message early on to ball carriers, blockers and underneath receivers that it will be a physical, punishing game. Set the tone early, not with trash talk or stupid penalties but by really attacking the line of scrimmage and throwing a real haymaker at the NE offense. Of course it will be critical to get pressure on Brady but I see the Jets using a mixup between heavy pressure and what helped them beat last Manning (few blitzes, more coverage and baiting the Pats to run it). Confuse Brady and make him think twice about his playcalling. Cromartie has to have a big game and cannot look lost in coverage again like he did last week. Revis should face Welker all game long. The X factors are players like Erik Smith, Drew Coleman and Marquise Cole. They have to make the tackles on the NE receivers and not allow yards after the catch. Shaun Ellis is another guy I expect to have a big game. He hasnt been good recently but he always gets up for the Pats.

Go get em boys!!!
      Sorry to quote myself but man did Ellis have a huge game today. The Pats had no answer for him whatsoever. It was awesome to see long time Jets like him and Cotch have big time performances... made the win almost a little sweeter if that is even possible!

Comment

• ^Shaun Ellis sure did have a big game. As did Cotchery.

I know I've been really hard on Braylon and Santonio but they were outstanding today. That Holmes TD catch bas beautiful.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Congratulations. Now, you have to beat Pittsburgh. Please do this in a most violent manner, as I don't wish to hear TT's blabbering about another Pittsburgh SB.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

• Congrats. No doubt about it you were the better team.
            -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• Originally posted by CJSchneider View Post
              Congratulations. Now, you have to beat Pittsburgh. Please do this in a most violent manner, as I don't wish to hear TT's blabbering about another Pittsburgh SB.
              You respect TT's blabbering CJ!

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nalej View Post
                Congrats. No doubt about it you were the better team.
                Thanks Nalej. The Patriots may have lost today, but they're built to be a SB contender for years to come.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nalej View Post
                  Congrats. No doubt about it you were the better team.
                  This. You guys beat us straight up, it sucked to watch but I give the Jets major props. The celebrating and stuff at the end was tough to stomach but seeing Ryan and Belichick shake hands and sort of hug/exchange words was strangely cool to see, it's nice to see at least amongst the coaches there may be some respect between them.

Comment

• The Jets caused some of the worst play from the Patriots all year. Two of the worst plays I've seen from McCourty all year, the DL was abused (though, that's not the first time), and the OL (especially Connolly) could not block 3 to 4 men long enough.

Mostly, they did a damn good job covering the outside WRs and doubling down the inside guys.

I was impressed by what I saw from the Jets.

Congratulations. That had to be one of the worst ways to lose.
                    **** her in da *****!

Comment

• Originally posted by Don Vito View Post
                      This. You guys beat us straight up, it sucked to watch but I give the Jets major props. The celebrating and stuff at the end was tough to stomach but seeing Ryan and Belichick shake hands and sort of hug/exchange words was strangely cool to see, it's nice to see at least amongst the coaches there may be some respect between them.
                      Rex definitely respects the hell out of Belichick. He just wants Jets fans to think that we might start finally having a chance to win against them after ten straight years of losing.

Comment

• http://www.patriots.com/mediacenter/...47329&pcid=169

This guy makes me laugh.

Comment

• 1) Leading up to this game I would like to see alot less talk. Pitt is one of the few teams that can hit with us for a full game and I really see no reason to piss them off. Looks like we might be going that direction as well

2)Random and un-related, but if this offseason it came down to picking between keeping Cro and Braylon or losing them and getting Nnamdi which one would you guys pick? (assuming Harris and Holmes are also kept)

Sig by Me

Comment

• Originally posted by JETS5128 View Post
                            1) Leading up to this game I would like to see alot less talk. Pitt is one of the few teams that can hit with us for a full game and I really see no reason to piss them off. Looks like we might be going that direction as well

2)Random and un-related, but if this offseason it came down to picking between keeping Cro and Braylon or losing them and getting Nnamdi which one would you guys pick? (assuming Harris and Holmes are also kept)
                            I would rather keep Bray than Tone. Better blocker, cheaper, wants to be here, bigger target for Sanchez.

But would rather have Nnamdi than Tone and Cro.

Our offense the first four games, other than Baltimore, was extremely productive. Bray bray, Cotch, and Keller, with Smith or someone else drafted to play the slot in a late round. Get Nnamdi on D, and focus on Defensive picks in the first and 3rd.

Comment

• Originally posted by msolimani View Post
                              Bwahahahahahahahahaha. I want to meet him.

"Why won't anyone say the Jets are going to get their asses kicked? Because they're going to! I guess people just want it to be close. It won't be."

Comment

• Originally posted by AHungryWalrus View Post
                                I would rather keep Bray than Tone. Better blocker, cheaper, wants to be here, bigger target for Sanchez.
                                I think I agree. When Braylon is catching the ball he is a special player. Holmes has played well for us but I do think it will be easier to find a replacement for him rather than Braylon.

But would rather have Nnamdi than Tone and Cro.
                                Revis and Aso would be amazing. It will be interesting to see what happens.

Our offense the first four games, other than Baltimore, was extremely productive.
                                Valid point. We actually took a step back the first few games with Holmes.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information