This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
    Another interesting name is Shaun Rogers. He was let go this week and obviously he would be a perfect fit in our D. It's no secret that Jenks might not be with us next year and while Pouha did a good job, we could use an upgrade at NT. I know it comes down to money and we have guys we have to take care of in-house first, but I would love to see Rogers a Jet.
    Really interested in Rogers. A line of a motivated Rogers, healthy Jenkins, and Pouha in the middle would be downright UNBLOCKABLE. Then add in Devito and Ropati (and possibly Ellis) rotating in with those guys, that has to be Rex's wet dream. He could be pretty cheap too considering how little he played this past year. Seems like a classic Tanny low risk/ high reward move IMO

Sig by Me

Comment

• It also looks like Vlad is officially getting moved to RT, which basically signals the end of Woody's time as a Jet. All indications are that we will cut Woody and bring back Hunter to compete with Vlad next year

Sig by Me

Comment

• Can't say that I'm surprised. Woody was on the decline the last few years and now it's time for Vlad to step up. Hunter wasn't all that bad either last year so that should be interesting to watch this summer.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by JETS5128 View Post
          It also looks like Vlad is officially getting moved to RT, which basically signals the end of Woody's time as a Jet. All indications are that we will cut Woody and bring back Hunter to compete with Vlad next year
          Interesting, I was hoping that was the case. It'd be good if Hunter can be brought back on the cheap, if not I'd be alright with bringing somebody else to compete with Vlad. We'll see how much cap space they can open up this year and what young players they have confidence in to step up, like we've been saying should be a very interesting offseason.

Comment

• Recent report that they're going to let Cro walk. He was definitely solid, but if so that's a bit of a waste of a second round pick. Hopefully Wilson's ready if this is the case, and hopefully they manage to bring back at least one if not both of Holmes and Edwards if he gets to walk.

Comment

• Originally posted by derza222 View Post
              Recent report that they're going to let Cro walk. He was definitely solid, but if so that's a bit of a waste of a second round pick. Hopefully Wilson's ready if this is the case, and hopefully they manage to bring back at least one if not both of Holmes and Edwards if he gets to walk.
              I think it is the absolute right move. Both WR are more importan, we invested a first rounder in a corner last year, our others corners looked good last year and the defense will most likely improve in other areas.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flaming Mo View Post
                I think it is the absolute right move. Both WR are more importan, we invested a first rounder in a corner last year, our others corners looked good last year and the defense will most likely improve in other areas.
                I definitely agree that now it's the right move. Hindsight being 20/20, probably shouldn't have burned the second round pick to get him though. With his comments and the depth at the position I think it makes sense though. Hopefully Coleman can get brought back relatively cheap to play nickel and Wilson gets up to speed. I like Cole too in the dime, so if they bring back Coleman and have faith in Wilson I'd like to see them just ignore the position and work on other stuff, though with Rex's love for corners you never know.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flaming Mo View Post
                  I'm going to have to disagree with you.

1. Revis is arguably the best cornerback in the league, but Cromartie played very well for the Jets this past season (despite what most people think) and IMO, letting him go is a waste of a second round draft pick (which would make me question the competency of the front office) and will break up one of the best cornerback tandems in the NFL. The Jets blitzing was not nearly as effective at getting to the quarterback so very often the sheer quality at cornerback was often what prevented the Jets defense from getting butchered in the passing game.

2. On the flip side, while both Braylon Edwards and Santonio Holmes made big plays for the Jets, they were both horribly inconsistent to the point where they might as well have not been on the field some weeks. I'm thinking specifically of Green Bay and the second meeting with Miami. Both of them dropped many a big play and IMO, they can be replaced far more easily then people would expect of receivers with their kind of name recognition.

Comment

• Honestly I don't think there should be any preconceived notions until the draft. Cromartie is probably easier to replace with Wilson, and a Revis-Wilson-Coleman-Cole group of corners isn't too bad. After all they did just invest the first in Wilson. My gut says that Edwards and Holmes, while inconsistent, would be good to bring back at least for a year or two to aid in the development in Sanchez. However, if there's a good WR in the draft and front 7 talent isn't a great value, then maybe you pop there and let one of Edwards/Holmes walk and try to re-sign Cro. Money is a big factor in this too like it or not and if he comes cheaper than Holmes or Edwards that could definitely help, but I think it's too early for them to be making a call one way or another. The fact that he's been a bit of an idiot with his comments since the season ended probably doesn't help his case either and may be the rationale for this.

The thing with the WR's is that, while they weren't terribly productive, I'm not necessarily sure that replacements would be. In fact, they might be worse. Jets WR's have consistently underachieved throughout my time as a fan here, so maybe that's a reason to go in a different direction and maybe not. But I'm not sure how easily they can be upgraded.

Comment

• So now the report isn't that we are going to let Cro walk, just that all 3 receivers are a higher priority than him. Can't say i really disagree with that, and i would assume Smith is a higher priority because he will presumably be a lot cheaper than Cro.

I definitely agree with putting Holmes and Edwards over Cro. If we could get these guys to sign long-term deals our passing game will be filthy for years to come. We already have a cheaper and younger replacement for Cro on the roster.

Sig by Me

Comment

• I hope we're able to bring Brad Smith back. He does so much for us and has become one of my favorites on the team. It would be sad to see him go.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• I hope so too, but I can't help but wonder if Smith is going to get superior money elsewhere and bolt. If he wants to come back and does so for less than he'd get on the open market I think it makes sense, but I'd guess some team will offer more than the Jets are willing to pay. Just a question of how much he wants to stay, if at all.

Comment

• Happy birthday, Derza!

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Thanks 'Canes!

Cimini apparently recently reported that the Jets are looking to add a pass rusher with the 30th pick, thought that was interesting. Would certainly make sense, and there should be a lot of options there. How things shake out after the combine with dropping back into coverage will be interesting in determining value of guys in the 3-4, but given there are a few guys who should go in the late 1/mid 2 range they may be able to pick out their guy and reach a bit for him unless somebody drops.

Comment

• Originally posted by derza222 View Post
                                Thanks 'Canes!

Cimini apparently recently reported that the Jets are looking to add a pass rusher with the 30th pick, thought that was interesting. Would certainly make sense, and there should be a lot of options there. How things shake out after the combine with dropping back into coverage will be interesting in determining value of guys in the 3-4, but given there are a few guys who should go in the late 1/mid 2 range they may be able to pick out their guy and reach a bit for him unless somebody drops.
                                Certainly makes sense and hopefully won't be the colossal bust Gholston was, but it leaves me wondering what the Jets are planning to do along the defensive line.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information