Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Braylon Edwards apparently would like to stay with the Jets, says he isn't asking for "the moon". Also said he thinks that the fact that the Jets didn't add a big receiver in the draft helps him out a little in the negotiation process, which is probably true. Definitely going to be interesting to see what happens with receivers in free agency...If Keller progresses as he should that might minimize the need to bring back both Holmes and Edwards as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by derza222 View Post
      Braylon Edwards apparently would like to stay with the Jets, says he isn't asking for "the moon". Also said he thinks that the fact that the Jets didn't add a big receiver in the draft helps him out a little in the negotiation process, which is probably true. Definitely going to be interesting to see what happens with receivers in free agency...If Keller progresses as he should that might minimize the need to bring back both Holmes and Edwards as well.
      http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...ets_a_discount

Best news I've heard all day

Sig by Me

Comment

• The more this off season plays out, the more I like Braylon over Santonio. Edwards has shown he really wants to stay on the team while, if anything, Holmes has shown he's looking for the dollars. Sign the guy who sincerely wants to win in Green & White. Also, Holmes has never really been a #1 receiver. He has the athletic ability & talent for it sure, but that's never been his role.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jersey/B View Post
          The more this off season plays out, the more I like Braylon over Santonio. Edwards has shown he really wants to stay on the team while, if anything, Holmes has shown he's looking for the dollars. Sign the guy who sincerely wants to win in Green & White. Also, Holmes has never really been a #1 receiver. He has the athletic ability & talent for it sure, but that's never been his role.
          Do you really think Braylon will keep his effort level up if he gets a long term deal? He's been lazy in the past and his attitude kinda sucks.

Comment

• http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...ce-deportation

This could suck big time.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• We hired Tom Moore as an offensive consultant. Personally I love the move

Sig by Me

Comment

• From what I'm reading and what I've heard, Nmadi Aso really wants to play for the Jets. We would have to cut some vets like LDT and Taylor, not sign Cro and Brad Smith, and restructure Harris and Sanchez's contracts. We have a shot to get him.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Here's the real question though, would you guys rather have:

Braylon+Holmes+whatever else we do with our cap space (sign pass-rusher, TE, safety, etc.)

OR

Holmes+Aso

If we lock up Edwards and Holmes long term we have the potential to be one of the top flight passing attacks in the league. Honestly, Sanchez in his 6th or 7th year throwing to Holmes, Edwards, Cotchery, Keller would have opposing D's ******** their pants every week. That would give us an elite offense capable of hanging up 30+ any given game. Not to mention that we would have additional cap room to try and address other needs (pass-rusher)

On the other hand Revis + Aso has the potential to be something this league has never seen before. These guys are hands down the two best corners on the planet. It would give Rex a literally endless amount of flexibility with his play-calling and design. He basically gets the choice of "hmmmm, which 2 receivers am i taking out of this play?", leave them on an island and send the house at the qb with his genious blitzes. Bringing Holmes back as well still gives us a solid recieving corps. (Arguable whether we need an elite corps b/c we're a run-based ground+pound offense.) And it makes us the #1 D in the league easily.

Me personally, I would really love to see Aso come to NY. Yes it would mean saying goodbye to some solid veterans (Taylor, T-Rich, Bryan Thomas, LT?, Ellis?) but they are all pretty replaceable. Aso+Revis would dominate for the next couple years which combined with Marky Marks progress would make us perennial favorites every year. Not to mention Kyle Wilson will be getting tutored by the best CB's of this generation making him a beast as well.

Sig by Me

Comment

• Holmes

Aso

Antwan Barnes

If we pull that off I will cream my pants that is literally a perfect off-season

Sig by Me

Comment

• Aso chose the Eagles but this certainly ain't the end of the world for us. We had $10 million to spend and then we also restructured the contracts of Pace, Tomlinson, Moore, and Scott. We have plenty to spend still. Look for us to bring back Edwards and Cro.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Bummer we missed out on Aso, not necessarily sure whether or not it would have been the best move for the team but as a football fan I was really curious to see what Aso and Revis on the same team would have been like. In the meantime, more corners are definitely needed (particularly with Coleman leaving too) and the #2 WR spot has to get finalized. Bringing back Cro would be nice if he elects to do so. However, I'm not sure that going a little cheaper with another guy would be an awful move. I'm slightly concerned about how Cro is going to play once he gets paid and since he's going to the highest bidder I'd rather not overpay him. As for the WR's I'd like to bring back Braylon but apparently it's unlikely. James Jones, Malcolm Floyd, Plax, Randy Moss, TO, and Steve Smith are the options supposedly. Jones is really talented but super inconsistent (particularly with his hands IMO), Floyd's an alright option but hasn't been super productive, Smith is a little banged up and I'd like more size, Plax apparently they're going to push for and who knows how he'll play, Moss is also apparently a valid option and I'm sure he'd love to stick it to the Pats when they play so that'd be cool but he worries me, and TO's productive but I really don't want any piece of him. Should be interesting to see what happens there. Also just saw Donald Strickland was re-signed, so there's some corner depth I guess.

Comment

• Plax signing is solid. Obviously would have loved to have Braylon back but he was going to cost too much. If we can hammer out these next two deals with Heap and Cro then i will be a very happy camper

Sig by Me

Comment

• I never really liked the pursuit of Aso, but luckily it all worked out with getting Cro back. From the start of the Aso negotiations, I thought about it like A beautiful mind where Russell Crowe comes up with the economic theory by chasing girls in the bar. Going after the hottest girl is usually a bad idea because she i likely to reject you and then if you go after one of the less attractive ones, they will feel like a consolation prize and be more likely to reject you as well. I was just so worried that while we waited for Aso to decide, everyone would be deep in negotiations with others and we might end up with Kyle Wilson across from Revis.

One guy I really hope we resign is Ihedigbo. I want him back so badly. He is probably my favorite player on the team for his name and violence.

Comment

• I would have loved to get aso but im greatful to have gotten cro back. Revis has even said he likes having guys around him he has played with. Chemistry is important and i think our secondary is looking good for next year. And i definitely agree i want ihedigbo back i love that guy

Comment

• Re-signed Pool which is a good move IMO. Builds upon the chemistry in our secondary and also gives us adds athleticism to the safety position.

Word is that Derrick Mason is gonna be a jet friday pending a physical. Probably a sign that Cotchery is gonna be traded hopefully in an effort to add a pass rusher

Sig by Me

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information