• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nyjetsguy27
    Originally posted by derza222
    Originally posted by throwback54milkman
    Originally posted by JETS5128
    People who would rather have Hunt/Bush over lynch are crazy.

Lynch is a FEATURE back. He can be a 20-25 carry a game player. It's alot better to have a feature back and a comlimentary back, then have 2 complimentray backs. Lynch is a gamebreaker plain and simple. He has loads of talent and could be a force, especially in our offense.

With that said i do not think the true problem is our Running backs. It's the offensive line. Even with mediocre backs, if the line is gashing open holes any RB can look like a pro-bowler. Leon, Kevan and Cedric had nowhere to go. There was no running room at all
    I think the left side is very solid (including center) and Baker is also a good blocker, I think finding a good RB is a bigger problem, Curtis Martin seemed to find holes.
    Curtis Martin had a very different line when he played. I think the line is the bigger need because if we have a line that gives a back huge holes we don't need a stud RB but if we have a stud RB and a subpar line he won't look very good running behind it. Look at Edge in Arizona...we need to build through the lines on both sides of the line. Unfortunately there isn't a true stud NT prospect in the draft which is our biggest need, but this year we should do what we can, and if a true legit first round 3-4 NT comes out next year we need to do EVERYTHING we can to get him.
    wats with everyone's hatred of our current OL? dbrick kendall and mangold are all great. moore is decent. and yah clement is pretty bad. personally i feel that the line did well in pass protection and run blocking pretty much all year long. if u want an additional OT thats fine, but i think that bashing the current OL is pushing it. and even still, if u want to go OT, i think we should wait until at least day 2, becus we have other needs that are more important
    Moore is mediocre, Kendall will need a replacement pretty soon, and Clement definitely needs to be replaced. If somebody like Blalock falls to 26 we should be all over him IMO because he'd bring attitude and some great run blocking to this line in the future and could replace Kendall fairly soon whenever he decides to move on. In the meantime he could probably do a better job than Clement did at RT. I think defensive line needs more help than the offensive line, but we could use a nasty run blocker to give us somebody to run behind IMO because we really don't have that kind of lineman.

Comment

• If Blalock falls, I think we should get him because he'll really help out our running backs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scorch
        If Blalock falls, I think we should get him because he'll really help out our running backs.
        i disagree. i think blalock will be a great guard in the NFL, and he could definately fill in for kendall down the road or moore even sooner, but i just feel that we have more important needs right now. a DL or RB would be a better pick in round 1. or run defense is horrible because of our weak DL, and our pass defense is hurt as well because of the lack of a pass rush. one moster DL could immediately transfrom the entire defense. and for the offense, a guy like marshawn lynch could be a feature back in his rookie season. and anyway, our OLs run blocking is pretty good already.

sig by JETS5128

Comment

• If Blalock falls take him:

1. The Sophmore Running Backs are incredible
          2. You need blockers for a successful run game
          3. We are still rebuilding keep in mind we just made it into the playoffs
          4. Our O-line will be unstoppable for a good 10 seasons

Marshawn is great and if it came down to the both of them it would definately be tough. But, keep in mind that there are still great running backs coming out in the near seasons: Steve Slaton, Darren McFadden, Ray Rice, etc. I just think that if we have the opportunity for a beast like Blalock, it would be a wise move.

Via BoneKrusher

Comment

• Jets Mock with lots of trades

Acquired in trades
            2-Oak,KC
            3-KC
            4-Ten

Traded
            1-to Oak
            5-(KC,Oak) to Ten
            6- to Oak

2a-Marcus McCauley-CB
            2b-Anthony Spencer-OLB
            2c-Adam Carriker-DE
            3a-Steve Smith-WR
            3b-Manuel Ramirez-G
            4a-David Harris-ILB
            4b-Dwayne Wright-RB
            5-Paul Solai-NT

Comment

• What are the trades and why the hellf would the Jets trade their first?
              Glenn Dorsey will slip...

Jets will not take McFadden...

Comment

• Originally posted by nyjetsfan15
                Jets Mock with lots of trades

Acquired in trades
                2-Oak,KC
                3-KC
                4-Ten

Traded
                1-to Oak
                5-(KC,Oak) to Ten
                6- to Oak

2a-Marcus McCauley-CB
                2b-Anthony Spencer-OLB
                2c-Adam Carriker-DE
                3a-Steve Smith-WR
                3b-Manuel Ramirez-G
                4a-David Harris-ILB
                4b-Dwayne Wright-RB
                5-Paul Solai-NT
                that is the most insanely idiotic thing i have ever seen. period.

sig by JETS5128

Comment

• Originally posted by Young Nasty Man
                  If Blalock falls take him:

Marshawn is great and if it came down to the both of them it would definately be tough. But, keep in mind that there are still great running backs coming out in the near seasons: Steve Slaton, Darren McFadden, Ray Rice, etc. I just think that if we have the opportunity for a beast like Blalock, it would be a wise move.
                  u definately make a good point about waiting on the RB until next year because of the sophmore talent, and i will try to keep that in mind. however... why does everyone say that we desperately need blalock. kendall is great and has at least a few more good years in him, and brandon moore is decent. if u look at our DL and RBs, they are horrible (with the exception of leon, who isnt an every down back, and ellis who id pretty good). RB and DL are muchhhhhhhh more needed right now than a OG.

sig by JETS5128

Comment

Originally posted by Young Nasty Man
                    If Blalock falls take him:

u definately make a good point about waiting on the RB until next year because of the sophmore talent, and i will try to keep that in mind. however... why does everyone say that we desperately need blalock. kendall is great and has at least a few more good years in him, and brandon moore is decent. if u look at our DL and RBs, they are horrible (with the exception of leon, who isnt an every down back, and ellis who id pretty good). RB and DL are muchhhhhhhh more needed right now than a OG.
                    We can survive with Leon Washington for one more year. The reason we can't run is because of a combination of a bad running back and a mediocre offensive line. If we get Blalock now, Washington will do much better and our run game won't be as bad.

Like YNM said, there are great sophomore running backs that might declare next year and we can snatch one of them rather than getting ANOTHER mediocre back in Tony Hunt or Brian Leonard. I want to get Blalock if he drops and get a permanent workhorse in next years draft.

If Blalock doesn't drop, we go back to Plan B where we fix the defensive line.

Comment

• I think the biggest mistake a lot of coaches make with guys, who CAN carry the load is overrun them. Leon is a flashy player something the Jets haven't had in a long time (Curtis was immortal and an amazing player and person but he was not flashy). I think drafting a big back like Bush/Hunt in the second would be a very justifiable and smart bc it would allow Leon to remain Leon a guy who can come in and still be unpredictable. That said I think Blalock in the first is a great pick too. Imagine Michael Bush (a guy who didn't tear a ligament but who broke his leg which isn't as bad/ a guy who was powerful and shifty and maybe the best RB in college football) with Leon Washington. It's perfect bc Bush can carry the load and be a franchise back if he lives up to expectations and Leon is what he is a solid hardworking fast/shifty/tiny RB. The sophomore class is good but a lot are undersized like Leon. I love Leon but I don't want to see him get hurt and I want the Jets running game to get better not just stay the same.

Also if the Jets draft Blalock/Bush/Carriker that helps the team an insane amount. You would just hope that a guy liek bennet,jackson,wright , hughes or another cb is there in the 3rd to help our D situation
                      QB, OG, OLB, WR, CB, MLB, RB, FS

Exactly Why The Jets were the Coolest Team in the NFL under Rex, but Bowles is the man-see Arians speech:

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...x-in-town.html

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...e-for-you.html

Comment

• I wouldn't mind seeing the Jets trade up for Blaylock as long as we're not giving up any of our seconds. I think Oline is the biggest need. NT might be, but there is no real true NT in this draft. Blaylock can play RT until Kendall retires and then either move him to LG or keep him at RT. Mangold, Brick, and Blaylock would give us an awesome line for 10 years. Every running back will fail with a bad offensive line. Do you think the Jets regret taking Mangold and DBrick? If we want to get Kellen in there, it would be very nice for him to take over and not get killed. I stick to my theory, games are won and lost in the trenches, and I would not at all be disapointed if they drafted Blaylock.

Comment

• Originally posted by jetsfan3
                          I wouldn't mind seeing the Jets trade up for Blaylock as long as we're not giving up any of our seconds. I think Oline is the biggest need. NT might be, but there is no real true NT in this draft. Blaylock can play RT until Kendall retires and then either move him to LG or keep him at RT. Mangold, Brick, and Blaylock would give us an awesome line for 10 years. Every running back will fail with a bad offensive line. Do you think the Jets regret taking Mangold and DBrick? If we want to get Kellen in there, it would be very nice for him to take over and not get killed. I stick to my theory, games are won and lost in the trenches, and I would not at all be disapointed if they drafted Blaylock.
                          I agree games are won and lost in the trenches. The O-line wasn't set up to run block this year bc Dbrick was too small and clement was too slow. moore and kendall have been good run blockers in the past and mangold being 300lbs instead of mawaes 280 helps in the push. The Jets Oline needs a RT and brick needs to gain weight I dont liek taking blalock to put him at Tackle if we giving up any picks. I like him but not that much. I'd prefer with good tackles in the draft to take a tony uhoh in the 2nd.

Also the Jets don't want clemens in there if he was going to be in there then he would have beent he number 2 QB in the playoff game. He's not ready YET. That said I like Clemens and I think he'll be a good QB in the future not next year. Pennington was healthy all year and the Jets are going to give him another year to produce stay healthy and win games and if he does then you have a QB controversy but not yet, the Mangini "competiton" is simply to make everyone including verterans to play for their job and to make younger players compete to the fullest and seem like they have a chance to start. If Clemens wins the QB competition then he's the best QB on the roster, I think we can all agree Mangini knows talent as well as how and when to use it.

I like taking Blalock where we're at in the draft if we get lucky I hope this could happen.
                          -Blalock-OG/OT
                          -Bush/Hunt-RB
                          -Carriker-DE
                          -Bennett-CB
                          -Hill/Higgins-WR
                          -Soliai-NT
                          -Bruce-OLB
                          -Fry-C/G
                          Would you be happy?
                          QB, OG, OLB, WR, CB, MLB, RB, FS

Exactly Why The Jets were the Coolest Team in the NFL under Rex, but Bowles is the man-see Arians speech:

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...x-in-town.html

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...e-for-you.html

Comment

• Originally posted by jetsfan3
                            I wouldn't mind seeing the Jets trade up for Blaylock as long as we're not giving up any of our seconds. I think Oline is the biggest need. NT might be, but there is no real true NT in this draft. Blaylock can play RT until Kendall retires and then either move him to LG or keep him at RT. Mangold, Brick, and Blaylock would give us an awesome line for 10 years. Every running back will fail with a bad offensive line. Do you think the Jets regret taking Mangold and DBrick? If we want to get Kellen in there, it would be very nice for him to take over and not get killed. I stick to my theory, games are won and lost in the trenches, and I would not at all be disapointed if they drafted Blaylock.
                            i think that trading up for blalock is dumb. if hes there in round 1 and u wanna take him thats justifiable, but trading up for him is not. there is no need to give away players/much needed draft picks for one guy. we could use those picks and instead solve numerous positions instead of just one. also, do u really think blalock could transition to OT that easily? its a very difficult switch to make. C and OG are basically the same, but OT is an entirely new position. unless he has previous exprience at OT with texas i dont think hed be able to do it.[/list]

sig by JETS5128

Comment

• i am stuck between wanting a RB and a monster DE this year in round 1. the reason i say monster, is because if you look at most of the successful 3-4 teams, they have a monster DE. who (if any) of this years DEs do you think has potential to be a dwight freeney/richard seymour/julius peppers animal? and, do you think that he will be around when the jets pick round 1?

sig by JETS5128

Comment

i am stuck between wanting a RB and a monster DE this year in round 1. the reason i say monster, is because if you look at most of the successful 3-4 teams, they have a monster DE. who (if any) of this years DEs do you think has potential to be a dwight freeney/richard seymour/julius peppers animal? and, do you think that he will be around when the jets pick round 1?
                                I see Jamal Anderson that way, but he'll undoubtedly be gone by our pick. I also think that Carriker could make a very good 3-4 DE as well as a few other guys of his caliber. This draft is stacked with ends. If we choose to draft 3-4 blitzing LBs instead of focusing on the DE position early then I think these people would be possibilities: Spencer, Woodley, Jarvis Moss, and maybe even Victor Abiamiri.

DChess...youre the man!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information