This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That game has me sick.

So many missed opportunities for the Jets. Costly lost.
    "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

• That was a heart breaker. Once again, we left too many points out on the field. We did it against Houston and now against NE. We're not better than either but we could have won both. Just very disappointing.
      Last edited by Hurricanes25; 10-22-2012, 08:24 PM.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• 1) Was the Hernandez fumble at the GL really a fumble? I only saw the replay once and it looked like there wasn't enough to overturn...

2) Besides the Hill drop, one thing stood out to me.

The playcalling after the fumbled kickoff was terrible. You have to go for the win there and running twice then doing a short-field bootleg on 3rd and long with Keller running underneath was not smart. If Keller catches that they get 4 yards and need YAC to get a first and Keller sucks at RAC.

In that situation you KNOW Brady is getting the ball back because of the way the time and timeouts were aligned. You CANNOT settle for a FG there and let him tie it because you know he's going to. You pass and go for the TD, and if you fall short you settle for the FG. Yes, he'd still have his timeouts left and more time if you throw two or three incompletions but would that have made any difference? Taking away his TOs by running didn't help - he still got the damn FG!

Ugh. I just hate playing not to lose. Play to WIN. They wouldn't have been ready for a PA pass on first down after that fumble. I think Tebow might've been in for that first down. HAVE HIM PASS RIGHT THERE. It would have been MONEY! PLAY TO WIN!!!!!!! This is a philosophy thing with Rex/Sparano. They are too conservative becasue they are defensive/running-game oriented when things get tight. Can't win like that in this league.
        "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

• Yeah, they were playing not to lose instead of trying to win. part of it is Rex and Sparano being stubborn (ground and pound) and the other part is them just not trusting Sanchez or Tebow for that matter to throw the ball.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• See I don't buy that. They trust Sanchez enough to toss it around and give them a chance to win - and he does that just about every freaking week.

In that moment after the big recovery they just went into full OMG WE JUST GOT THE BALL GOTTA KEEP THE CLOCK MOVING WOW WE ARE SO LUCKY CANT **** THIS UP OMG THE CLOCK CANT GIVE HIM TOO MUCH TIME OMG THE CLOcK NOW WE CAN CONTROL THE CLOCK AND FORCE THEM TO USE TIMEOUTS WOW THAT WILL WORK CLOCK! POSSESSION! DEFENSE! TIE! YES! OMG Tony!!!!!

Sporano: IM ON THE SAME PAGE REX I KNOW. RUN RUN RUN THEN WE WILL TIE!!!!!!!!! AND MAKE THEM USE THEIR TIMEOUTS!!!!!!!!!!!! FOOL PROOF! BOY I LOVE YOU because YOU LOVE MANLY THINGS LIKE RUNNING THE CLOCK BY RUNNING AND MAKING THEM BURN TIMEOUTS AND DEFENSE IN OBVIOUS SITUATIONS!

Rex: LET ME SEE YOUR FEET.
            "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

• Watching the Jets is liking watch a good movie about historical events. You know what is going to happen at the end, but you still feel all the tension and emotion.

In case anyone is curious, that is not a compliment to the jets at all.

Comment

• Now I hate Jets vs Patriots game on Thanksgiving night. Target will set up Westinghouse 50 inch 1080p LCD for 350 bucks on the same night. The door opens at 9pm.

It would be nice if this game was meaningful.

Comment

• Is there a chance that Tanny would be fired, but Rex Ryan keep his job? Bring in a GM to work with Rex and the new OC to build a roster that fits what they want to do.
                  Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

• Originally posted by TimD View Post
                    Is there a chance that Tanny would be fired, but Rex Ryan keep his job? Bring in a GM to work with Rex and the new OC to build a roster that fits what they want to do.

I think it is more likely no. If Tannenbaum stays, I can see he will let Sparano go and appoint new OC himself. Hiring Sparano was Ryan's idea.

Comment

• More Sanchez. I'd imagine he'll be on a really short leash.

Comment

• Originally posted by derza222 View Post
                        More Sanchez. I'd imagine he'll be on a really short leash.
                        Against Jaguars? What are the odds?

Comment

• Odds of what?

Comment

• Originally posted by derza222 View Post
                            Odds of what?

him being on short leach and benched in favor of McElroy. I don't see that way. Sanchez will handle Jaguars just fine.

Comment

• Well him being on a short leash just means if he messes up they'll yank him. So if Sanchez does well it doesn't really apply. If he isn't moving the ball or turns it over a couple times though I think he gets pulled.

Comment

• Jaguars are really that bad at everything defensively. If Sanchez could not move the chain then he is done as NFL passer.

The odds on him being pulled should be zero.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information