Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watching today's game was some of the most fun I've had watching the Jets in a while. Our defense looked great. Geno had his highs and lows, but I feel good about his performance. I'm also excited to see our run game against a weaker run defense.

Thursday should be interesting.
    Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

• The O-line didn't play well at all but the team has to expect that defenses will be blitzing and coming after the rookie QB. They need to shore that up a little bit.

The d-line was great. The 3 sons, Harrison, Wilkerson, and Richardson all played well. I was really impressed with that group.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• I'm keeping my expectations regarding Geno in check, but he did showcase some positive attributes. His ability to make things happen with his legs when plays broke down or the opportunity presented itself (but not really take hits) was nice. Definitely was tough, and made some nice throws. He's also very good in the screen game, which is great for Mornhinweg's offense (and helpful as a rookie).

I do think he needs to improve his ability to recognize the blitz, which was part of why the line looked bad. He had plenty of really clean pockets to work with as well. Accuracy was spotty at points and the turnovers were both rookie mistakes (though the fumble easily could've happened to a veteran also). But I think those are all things that can be improved upon. The key will be whether he grows, or stagnates/regresses.

The defensive line was awesome. Love Snacks, what a find. I am concerned about the pass defense though.

Comment

• One thing I noticed with our corners was that they kept getting beat to the inside. I don't know if they're just protecting the outside and think that there is safety help and linebackers in the middle of the field or maybe they simply just got beat.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
            One thing I noticed with our corners was that they kept getting beat to the inside. I don't know if they're just protecting the outside and think that there is safety help and linebackers in the middle of the field or maybe they simply just got beat.
            That's a good call, I noticed the same thing. Maybe an emphasis on not getting beat deep and getting Freeman on a roll?

Also it looked to me like that big play to Jackson and the missed tackle from Landry, Jackson was so open because it was a corner blitz and he was in the slot. That's a tough thing to call when it's the guy covering the best wideout on the other team, hopefully they learn from that one.

Comment

• Because this forum lacks of activity, Jets are going to lose the game. lol.

Gronk is playing so that means Patriots will burn a lot of game clock. Whatever Jets do, they have to limit them to field goal every time they enter redzone.

Geno Smith needs to stay sharp at accuracy because the running game alone will not beat Patriots, especially with Gronk being active.

Comment

• The Pats are really banged up defensively, and to have any chance in this one the Jets need to take advantage. Ultimately the Jets have gone as Geno has gone this season, I'm not sure Geno playing well will be enough but hopefully it would be if that happens.

Other thing to hope for would be that the Pats struggle a bit to adjust to having Gronk back in the offense - but I think that's just wishful thinking on my part.

Comment

• Give me that win on a penalty all week and twice on Sundays.I find it hilarious. I love the reactions. I don't really care about how wins look. This Jets team is not that great, and continues to show that but continues to overachieve in the standings. Exactly what Rex needed to keep his job which I actually think he deserves even if I'm not his biggest proponent. This team is showing that it is a few pieces and a little more seasoning away from being a top team. For now since I don't expect anything from a team that is talented but clearly lacking, I can find the ugly wins to be hillarious and awesome.
                  Stray observations in no particular order or format
                  Milliner was really bad from what I saw. Allen was playing well but started getting beaten later in the game so he really did better than I expected by not getting dominated. I was little surprised by how Ryan kept rushing three at the end of the game but maybe Ryan saw how off Brady was and didn't want any chance of a blown coverage.

Comment

• Originally posted by derza222 View Post

Other thing to hope for would be that the Pats struggle a bit to adjust to having Gronk back in the offense - but I think that's just wishful thinking on my part.
                    Closer. Many bad timings between Gronk and Brady helped. Whew!

Cumberland needs to snatch football properly. 2 important catches were stripped by defenders.

Comment

• I didn't want to beat the Pats like that, but I'll take the W nonetheless.

I hate how Rex rushes 3 at the end of games. It almost cost us in Atlanta and almost costed us today. It's just stupid.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I hate how Rex rushes 3 at the end of games. It almost cost us in Atlanta and almost costed us today. It's just stupid.
                        I was screaming at my TV. Also that 3rd and 5 play on the last drive was one of the worst play calls I've ever seen.

Comment

• http://www.metro.us/newyork/sports/2...n-in-the-face/

Although he does not deserve to wear this 80 jersey, he could not knock down a lady.

Comment

I didn't want to beat the Pats like that, but I'll take the W nonetheless.

Honestly, you guys played a great game. Ive said it and I know a lot of the other Pats fans have too, but that penalty wasn't connotative of the game that was played. Brady was forced to make bad throws, Geno made enough plays, the run game for you guys worked when you needed it to. I don't put that game on the penalty, you shouldnt either.

Originally posted by WMD
                            Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                            Originally posted by gpngc
                            I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• I agree, the Jets deserved that one. The penalty was BS but we were outplayed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
                                Honestly, you guys played a great game. Ive said it and I know a lot of the other Pats fans have too, but that penalty wasn't connotative of the game that was played. Brady was forced to make bad throws, Geno made enough plays, the run game for you guys worked when you needed it to. I don't put that game on the penalty, you shouldnt either.
                                I think the Jets did outplay the Pats and to be honest, Brady was awful but I just just hate seeing games end like that. It's a great rivalry and even if the Jets did deserve to win that game, I didn't want the game to end like that. Even though the correct call was made (and it's weak), I just rather have won without any "asterisks".

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information