Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There is no need to trade up for anyone in this draft inless we are going for AP, which I still believe isn't smart due to the fact that we ened can use a lot of upgrades. This is still arebuilding period is what people have to realize trading up or trading down isn't smart when your rebuilding. You need a lot of things in general.

Now back to the RB talk. Michael Bush is a great RB. I just dont know if he is worth taking the risk so soon. If he were to fall to the late second or early third, then i say we pull the trigger and get him. Tony Hunt is an interesting back but I dont believe he is a good enough bruiser that would fit in our offense. Brian Leonard is the most believable selection of all the guys. Brian Leonard is a great guy coming out of the back field for a pass. I haven't stressed how important it is to have him as an H-Back in our offense. He has so many reasons to be selected. He is a hard worker, a captain, and a team player. If you guys have read about how his carries went down, and he was ok with that, that is the type of thing Mangini wants. If Mangini were to take one of those three guys, the most believeable one to select, IMO, is Brian Leonard.

Via BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Vilma the Animal
      Originally posted by nyjetsguy27
      i am stuck between wanting a RB and a monster DE this year in round 1. the reason i say monster, is because if you look at most of the successful 3-4 teams, they have a monster DE. who (if any) of this years DEs do you think has potential to be a dwight freeney/richard seymour/julius peppers animal? and, do you think that he will be around when the jets pick round 1?
      I see Jamal Anderson that way, but he'll undoubtedly be gone by our pick. I also think that Carriker could make a very good 3-4 DE as well as a few other guys of his caliber. This draft is stacked with ends. If we choose to draft 3-4 blitzing LBs instead of focusing on the DE position early then I think these people would be possibilities: Spencer, Woodley, Jarvis Moss, and maybe even Victor Abiamiri.
      yah anderson will be long gone. kiper has him as the #5 player in the draft. hopefully gaines adams will fall to us, i think hes gonna be a beast. i would hate it if they took a LB. thomas and hobson had outstanding years. vilma is obviously amazing. and barton was decent. LBs are fine, i just think that we need a terror of a DE

sig by JETS5128

Comment

• Originally posted by Young Nasty Man
        There is no need to trade up for anyone in this draft inless we are going for AP, which I still believe isn't smart due to the fact that we ened can use a lot of upgrades. This is still arebuilding period is what people have to realize trading up or trading down isn't smart when your rebuilding. You need a lot of things in general.

Now back to the RB talk. Michael Bush is a great RB. I just dont know if he is worth taking the risk so soon. If he were to fall to the late second or early third, then i say we pull the trigger and get him. Tony Hunt is an interesting back but I dont believe he is a good enough bruiser that would fit in our offense. Brian Leonard is the most believable selection of all the guys. Brian Leonard is a great guy coming out of the back field for a pass. I haven't stressed how important it is to have him as an H-Back in our offense. He has so many reasons to be selected. He is a hard worker, a captain, and a team player. If you guys have read about how his carries went down, and he was ok with that, that is the type of thing Mangini wants. If Mangini were to take one of those three guys, the most believeable one to select, IMO, is Brian Leonard.
        yah now when i look at leonard more and more i think that he would be a good fit in our offense. im sure that hed be around our first pick of round 2. he is basically a chris cooley. play some TE, FB, and even RB in goalline and 3rd down situations. he can block, run, catch. he is a leader, mangini-type guy. yah i think thatd be smart. so my new mock is:
        1-gaines adams
        2a-brian leonard
        2b-darrelle revis

sig by JETS5128

Comment

• Originally posted by nyjetsguy27
          Originally posted by Vilma the Animal
          Originally posted by nyjetsguy27
          i am stuck between wanting a RB and a monster DE this year in round 1. the reason i say monster, is because if you look at most of the successful 3-4 teams, they have a monster DE. who (if any) of this years DEs do you think has potential to be a dwight freeney/richard seymour/julius peppers animal? and, do you think that he will be around when the jets pick round 1?
          I see Jamal Anderson that way, but he'll undoubtedly be gone by our pick. I also think that Carriker could make a very good 3-4 DE as well as a few other guys of his caliber. This draft is stacked with ends. If we choose to draft 3-4 blitzing LBs instead of focusing on the DE position early then I think these people would be possibilities: Spencer, Woodley, Jarvis Moss, and maybe even Victor Abiamiri.
          yah anderson will be long gone. kiper has him as the #5 player in the draft. hopefully gaines adams will fall to us, i think hes gonna be a beast. i would hate it if they took a LB. thomas and hobson had outstanding years. vilma is obviously amazing. and barton was decent. LBs are fine, i just think that we need a terror of a DE
          There is no chance Gained Adams falls to us.

Comment

• Dream Draft:
            1. Blalock - Help improve the running game drastically
            2a. Leonard/Bush - Both great complements to Washington
            2b. Carriker - Will fit well in the 3-4 as a DE
            3. Bennett/Hughes - Both will give great help to our secondary

Comment

• Hi guys, new here.

Reading some of your posts I have to agree with working on our O line and D line. If Blaylock falls to us at 25 we should take him, but we should not trade up. I actually wouldn't mind trading down. If Blaylock can't play RT(i think he played a few games in college) do we look at Levi Brown? Don't know all that much about either but our run blocking needs some work.

And then in the second I would like to see a RB(Turner/Portis rumors or Bush) come in. Then much added beef to the D line.

I also doubt we will make a big splash in free agency(also hope) because it's almost like MLB pitching this year. Way too much money and not enough talent. Manny and Tanny are too smart to waste our cap space with a few signings.

And last thing, I don't know if this is crazy talk or not? but would love to cut Chad and resign him to get rid of his signing bonus' this year. Could be crazy talk. Anyway PEACE.

"Frosties are corn flakes for people who can't face reality"

Comment

• As I have been saying for quite a long while, Leonard is the perfect player for our offense. Ive said this in other topics that Leonard could play a Brian Westbrook role with more tds if given the chance to do so.
                An Ideal draft for me is
                Blalock if he falls maybe Okoye just cause I am enamored with his youth
                Leonard
                Carriker
                dont care enough to keep going

Comment

• And also secondly, with all this Leonard talk, unless he can carry the load I don't think it's going to happen. We don't have the luxery of using such a high pick on a full back/ h back. We have too many role players already at the RB/FBs slots that we can't play them already.

But things can always change or Leonard could drop, which I hope he doesn't for his sake.

"Frosties are corn flakes for people who can't face reality"

Comment

• Originally posted by JetMan
                    And also secondly, with all this Leonard talk, unless he can carry the load I don't think it's going to happen. We don't have the luxery of using such a high pick on a full back/ h back. We have too many role players already at the RB/FBs slots that we can't play them already.

But things can always change or Leonard could drop, which I hope he doesn't for his sake.
                    HE can, but he won't because of his unbelievable ability to catch the ball/block and also the perception of him will work against him. Not many teams just use one back that will carry the load they have 2 guys that will keep each other fresh and keep the defense off balance, which would make Leonard a perfect compliment to Washington, even though I do think that without Washington, Leonard could carry the ball 20 times and catch it as well maybe 5 or so times.

Comment

• Originally posted by JetMan
                      Hi guys, new here.

Reading some of your posts I have to agree with working on our O line and D line. If Blaylock falls to us at 25 we should take him, but we should not trade up. I actually wouldn't mind trading down. If Blaylock can't play RT(i think he played a few games in college) do we look at Levi Brown? Don't know all that much about either but our run blocking needs some work.

And then in the second I would like to see a RB(Turner/Portis rumors or Bush) come in. Then much added beef to the D line.

I also doubt we will make a big splash in free agency(also hope) because it's almost like MLB pitching this year. Way too much money and not enough talent. Manny and Tanny are too smart to waste our cap space with a few signings.

And last thing, I don't know if this is crazy talk or not? but would love to cut Chad and resign him to get rid of his signing bonus' this year. Could be crazy talk. Anyway PEACE.
                      first off, the portis rumor is total BS and is never gonna happen. second, there are a lot of teams that would like to have turner, so the chances of us getting him is like 1% (i dont like him anyway). third, were not gonna do that with chad, it would be great, but forget about it. and yah i agree about the free agency thing. mangini and tannenbaum already said in newsday that they will modify the team through the draft, and less through free agency.

sig by JETS5128

Comment

• newest mock:

round 1- marshawn lynch, RB, Cal
                        can be an immediate impact, and has the tools to be a franchise RB in the nfl.

round 2a- adam carriker, DE, Nebraska
                        is a good fit for DE in the 3-4. will transform the run defense and help out the pass rush too.

round 2b- brian leonard, FB, Rutgers
                        can play h-back in the nfl. has the ability to catch, run, and block, and can line up at TE, FB, and even RB in goalline and 3rd down and short situations. is a leader, and definately fits the mangini mold.

sig by JETS5128

Comment

• 2007-2008 Jets Opponents

Home:

Patriots
                          Dolphins
                          Bills
                          Browns
                          Eagles
                          Steelers
                          Redskins
                          Chiefs

Away:

Patriots
                          Dolphins
                          Bills
                          Ravens
                          Bengals
                          Cowboys
                          Giants
                          Titans

Source: http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/arti...onents-decided

What do you guys think? I like it.

Comment

• Originally posted by nyjetsguy27
                            newest mock:

round 1- marshawn lynch, RB, Cal
                            can be an immediate impact, and has the tools to be a franchise RB in the nfl.

round 2a- adam carriker, DE, Nebraska
                            is a good fit for DE in the 3-4. will transform the run defense and help out the pass rush too.

round 2b- brian leonard, FB, Rutgers
                            can play h-back in the nfl. has the ability to catch, run, and block, and can line up at TE, FB, and even RB in goalline and 3rd down and short situations. is a leader, and definately fits the mangini mold.
                            I don't think Lynch is gonna fall that far, I just think a guy of his remarkable skills both rushing and recieving will go before we pick.

Comment

• I havent been here for a while and dont want to read all of what you guys wrote but i think that these things are almost definetly gonna happen

We Resign Anthony Clement, Sign Assante Samuel and Draft Jarvis Moss or Marshawn Lynch

I think about 60% of the time this will work every time.
                              J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!

PLAYERS TO LOOK FORWARD TO:
                              KELLEN CLEMENS QB #11
                              BRAD SMITH WR #16
                              DAVID HARRIS MLB #52
                              DARRELLE REVIS CB #24

Comment

• I have some thoughts on the discussion that's been going on here and figured I'd get them all out in one post:

Defensive end- Come on now guys, are you really talking about guys like Gaines Adams and Abiamiri as defensive ends in a 3-4? We're talking guys that are at 260 pounds and FAR too light to play 3-4 DE, we'll need somebody that weighs at the very least around 280-290 to play end in our system.

Running back- Lets be realistic here, there is no way Lynch falls down to the 26th pick in the draft unless he has terrible combine numbers, in which case I'd rather not draft him. As far as Leonard and Tony Hunt go I think both would be very good fits as power backs but I'd personally prefer the more well-rounded Leonard. I'm a fan of a 2-back system where our backs stay fresh and we can have a pounder and a change of pace back, each getting at least around 10-15 touches a game on run plays and pass plays. It would be great if both were good receivers (Leon is a good receiver making Leonard a good fit) because then teams couldn't gear up for a run/pass play depending on who is in the game.

First round pick- I understand the desire for a DL in the first and kind of understand RB but personally disagree, but I really just don't see any running backs that will be worth the selection at 26 at this point and see no 3-4 linemen worthy of the selection either.

Offensive line- Games are won in the trenches and we do not have a dominant offensive line. I think Blalock is the perfect fit because he can take over for Clement at RT immediately because he has experience there in college, and can then move inside when Kendall/Moore moves on. If not a guard and/or a RT should probably be chosen later day 1 IMO because the line definitely does need some help.

Trading down/up- I really don't see the need to trade up for anybody because there's no one player that I think is a great player and perfect fit for the Jets that would be valuable enough to trade up for. However I really don't understand why we wouldn't trade out of round 1. There aren't that many great players that will be available at the 26th pick in the first and the talent level from late first to early second will not drop off much at all, so stockpiling picks seems like a fairly logical scenario especially considering we could use help at many different positions.

Just my thoughts, feel free to disagree all you like.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information