Bills
    Ravens
    Bengals
    Cowboys
    Giants
    Titans

Source: http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/arti...onents-decided

What do you guys think? I like it.
    2 games intrigue me. first off the giants game on the road, meaning we have 9 home games and 7 away games. also, im gonna love kicking herms ass at the meadowlands. a lot of the games go could either be easy or hard. u dont no wat ull get with the steelers, the giants could go either way, the titans were streaky this year. for me personally i dont no wat to think about our schedule

sig by JETS5128

Comment

• Originally posted by nyjetsguy27
      Originally posted by jetsfan3
      2007-2008 Jets Opponents

Home:

Patriots
      Dolphins
      Bills
      Browns
      Eagles
      Steelers
      Redskins
      Chiefs

Away:

Patriots
      Dolphins
      Bills
      Ravens
      Bengals
      Cowboys
      Giants
      Titans

Source: http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/arti...onents-decided

What do you guys think? I like it.
      2 games intrigue me. first off the giants game on the road, meaning we have 9 home games and 7 away games. also, im gonna love kicking herms ass at the meadowlands. a lot of the games go could either be easy or hard. u dont no wat ull get with the steelers, the giants could go either way, the titans were streaky this year. for me personally i dont no wat to think about our schedule
      i agree with you Rao, its tough to decide what to think of that schedule but you never know till the games begin anyway. It looks like our Home schedule is considerably easier than our rouad games though so we're gonna have to clean up at the Meadowlands including that Giants game.

Sig thanks to VLS

My BC Iggles. (13-4)

Comment

• I hope we kill the G-men

^^Sig From Nvot9
        J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!

Comment

i am stuck between wanting a RB and a monster DE this year in round 1. the reason i say monster, is because if you look at most of the successful 3-4 teams, they have a monster DE. who (if any) of this years DEs do you think has potential to be a dwight freeney/richard seymour/julius peppers animal? and, do you think that he will be around when the jets pick round 1?
          On that note would any of you guys like trading up for branch? I think he is a complete beast and could turn into one of those monster DE's

Sig by Me

Comment

newest mock:

round 1- marshawn lynch, RB, Cal
            can be an immediate impact, and has the tools to be a franchise RB in the nfl.

round 2a- adam carriker, DE, Nebraska
            is a good fit for DE in the 3-4. will transform the run defense and help out the pass rush too.

round 2b- brian leonard, FB, Rutgers
            can play h-back in the nfl. has the ability to catch, run, and block, and can line up at TE, FB, and even RB in goalline and 3rd down and short situations. is a leader, and definately fits the mangini mold.

this is rediculous, you really think the jets would draft 2 rb's on day one?

"Frosties are corn flakes for people who can't face reality"

Comment

• Originally posted by JetMan
              Originally posted by nyjetsguy27
              newest mock:

is a good fit for DE in the 3-4. will transform the run defense and help out the pass rush too.

can play h-back in the nfl. has the ability to catch, run, and block, and can line up at TE, FB, and even RB in goalline and 3rd down and short situations. is a leader, and definately fits the mangini mold.

i think they would. leonard is more of an H-back, meaning hed play TE and FB mostly. lynch is a straight up RB. after looking at what i said before, im gonna have to change it because lynch will probably be gone by then, but yah i think they would if given the oppurtunity

sig by JETS5128

Comment

• Originally posted by JETS5128
                i am stuck between wanting a RB and a monster DE this year in round 1. the reason i say monster, is because if you look at most of the successful 3-4 teams, they have a monster DE. who (if any) of this years DEs do you think has potential to be a dwight freeney/richard seymour/julius peppers animal? and, do you think that he will be around when the jets pick round 1?
                On that note would any of you guys like trading up for branch? I think he is a complete beast and could turn into one of those monster DE's
                i would absolutely love trading up for branch. the only thing though is hell definately be top 10. meaning well have to give up some hugeeeeeee draft picks and a player or 2 as well. mangini and tannenbaum arent gonna do something like that. i would love to see it though, he is just the guy i want to solve our DL problems

sig by JETS5128

Comment

• Originally posted by JETS5128
                  of all the players availible in this draft i feel he would help the Jets out the most. If i took the Jets first, Washington's second and a day 2 i would be fine with it.

Sig thanks to VLS

My BC Iggles. (13-4)

Comment

Originally posted by JetMan
                    newest mock:

i think they would. leonard is more of an H-back, meaning hed play TE and FB mostly. lynch is a straight up RB. after looking at what i said before, im gonna have to change it because lynch will probably be gone by then, but yah i think they would if given the oppurtunity
                    no, thats really is fairly ridiculous. Leonard is not an H-back. He really is a natural running back. Also if AP does come out there is a slim, slim, sli, chance that Lynch does fall

Sig thanks to VLS

My BC Iggles. (13-4)

Comment

• ok here is what i think is a perfect mock. every time i write one i get ripped to shreds and i try to improve it, so let me know what you think.

1- marcus mccauley, CB, fresno state
                      the jets are extremely shallow in the CB department. mccauley is everything you look for physically (size and speed), is a sure tackler, has great instincts, and with coaching should become an outstanding CB.

2a- adam carriker, DE, nebraska
                      the jets run defense and pass rush is horrible. carriker alone could turn that around, and help win the battle in the trenches. he has great size, and is a prototypical 3-4 DE.

2b- brian leonard, FB, rutgers
                      the jets would love to have such a versatile player. he is seen by many as an H-back, meaning he can block, run, and catch while lining up at TE, FB, and RB. he has the power to produce yardage in pretty much any redzone/short yardage situations. has top intangibles and is a team leader.

sig by JETS5128

Comment

• Everyone is saying Brian Leonard and I completely agree. I don't think he will be a factor in the running game like everyone keeps saying, but he will help immensely in the passing game. We all know how much Pennington loves his dump pass to the FB, and with Leonard, these plays would be even better. Unfortunately, last time we to a FB early, it was BJ Askew, and it hasn't worked out as well as we would've hope. With that, it may stear us away from taking Leonard.

In this draft, there are only four positions that we really need to focus on. If 3 of these problems aren't fixed over the offseason, then I feel we didn't have that great of an offseason.

-Runningback (I love Leon, but unless we focus on making him our primary runningback, he will only be valuable on screens and 3rd downs.)
                        -Defensive End (Kimo was absolutely awful.Whenever the opposing team would run to his side, it'd be at least 5 yards. With a better guy there, our rush D would improve immensely.)
                        -Right Tackle (Pete Kendall played really well this year and we know Brandon Moore had an off year but is a good player, and you can't replace the guys we just draft. With all of that, what is the problem with our O-line? The RT that wasn't resigned by the Arizona Cardinals! We need someone besides him for next season.)
                        -Cornerback (This isn't the biggest need but it could be improved. Dyson showed he is a capable #1 but if we could get someone else and play them as a #2 or a #1, we would be so much better with pass defense.)

Gamertag: KRAAAWG

Comment

ok here is what i think is a perfect mock. every time i write one i get ripped to shreds and i try to improve it, so let me know what you think.

1- marcus mccauley, CB, fresno state
                          the jets are extremely shallow in the CB department. mccauley is everything you look for physically (size and speed), is a sure tackler, has great instincts, and with coaching should become an outstanding CB.

2a- adam carriker, DE, nebraska
                          the jets run defense and pass rush is horrible. carriker alone could turn that around, and help win the battle in the trenches. he has great size, and is a prototypical 3-4 DE.

2b- brian leonard, FB, rutgers
                          the jets would love to have such a versatile player. he is seen by many as an H-back, meaning he can block, run, and catch while lining up at TE, FB, and RB. he has the power to produce yardage in pretty much any redzone/short yardage situations. has top intangibles and is a team leader.
                          I doubt we go CB in rd 1. Mangini is a line guy. He had a wr win a superbowl in his secondary so i doubt he goes that direction.

I like 2b, who knows if he'll be there.

Leonard is not happening. We will not draft him unless it's the 6th round.

"Frosties are corn flakes for people who can't face reality"

Comment

• 1. Brian Leonard is a perfect fit. Hes from the area, he is a leader, a bruiser, and a H-Back.
                            2. Don't get Marshawn. Looks good, smells good, seems good, but we can put it off for another year with a bruiser in the system. Wait till the sophmore running backs come out. We can always either trade up then or possibly land one of the Big 3: Slaton, McFadden, Rice. Ray Rice would be interesting to see if we got both him and Leonard to stay in Joisey.
                            3. DRAFT O-LINE. Alright, Pete Kendall is a solid o-lineman. But, he is aging and is reaching the end of the career. I'd rather once again not take the sexy pick and draft an o-line. If we are gonna be monsters up front our running backs are gonna look like studs. Take a look at Denver. Part because of the offensive play calling, part because their O-line is incredible. Blaylock is the smart way to go. We need a guard, and our O-line wont even be a question for multiple years.
                            4. DRAFT D-Line. Id rather work on Offense first because as of now, I believe we dont have any power and our offense needs more work. D-Line is another thing that we need to draft. I dont believe we are going to get a NT this year so everyone should stop mentioning. Okoye gets smaller each day between what scott says and what Mel Kiper says so. By the time the draft comes around his hieght and weight is going to be 6'1 190 lbs. Karriker could be a wise move, but I wouldnt go trigger happy with him. Take him a little deeper into the draft.
                            5. Don't Draft McCauley. Look I know im gonna get eaten up for this comment, but guys our secondary isn't a main priority. If we sign Asante that would be huge. He knows the system and is great at doing it. Our secondary gets flashes from both Barret and Dyson. Both these guys could get a little better. Dyson did have a bunch of picks this year and we see little signs of Barret here and there. I like Justin Miller because he is still young. The question is though, will he be anything more then a returner? Thats what I hate thinking about.

Via BoneKrusher

Comment

• I agree with most of what you say except for the barrett. he is not a good corner, and if we are in a position to draft a player in the second round like mcauley then we should. i agree that no true NT is available so if we get blalock in the first, mcauley and leonard in the second, i think that would be the best way to go. everyone keeps saying how mangini didn't need quality dbs in new england they are neglecting the fact that new englands front 7 is ridiculously strong. the qb does not have all day to sit back and pick the dbs apart. so stop saying that we don't need quality corners because until we get a dominating front 7 we need all the help we can get on defense.

Comment

• what about Jarvis Moss as a OLB and moving Hobson inside. You can never have enough pass rushers

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information