This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• http://www.nypost.com/seven/01102007...aro.htm?page=2

This is the second page of the article...
    It lists 5 things the Jets need to do to get better...
    1 is get Chris Baker the ball more (design plays for him: hes a playmaker and always gets a mismatch on him)

Mangini doesn't want ELITE players with egos he wants hard workers. When I quoted you I wasn't trying to disregard you don't want to take a TE but I still just don't think the Jets will touch the TE position in the draft.
    QB, OG, OLB, WR, CB, MLB, RB, FS

Exactly Why The Jets were the Coolest Team in the NFL under Rex, but Bowles is the man-see Arians speech:

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...x-in-town.html

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...e-for-you.html

Comment

• I just heard on the Fan that there is a good possibility that Schottenheimer has a good chance to be the Dolphins' head coach. Personally, i think he'd be a bad coach, but we cannot afford to lose him, it would be a major blow and Pennington's fifth OC in 5 years!

^^Sig From Nvot9
      J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!

Comment

• Originally posted by throwback54milkman
        I just heard on the Fan that there is a good possibility that Schottenheimer has a good chance to be the Dolphins' head coach. Personally, i think he'd be a bad coach, but we cannot afford to lose him, it would be a major blow and Pennington's fifth OC in 5 years!
        Why do you think he will be a bad coach?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ace
          Originally posted by throwback54milkman
          I just heard on the Fan that there is a good possibility that Schottenheimer has a good chance to be the Dolphins' head coach. Personally, i think he'd be a bad coach, but we cannot afford to lose him, it would be a major blow and Pennington's fifth OC in 5 years!
          yah in newsday they had an article about it. schottenheimer is one of 4 finalists for the job. the others are a first year DC from the vikings, the OC from the chargers, and the HC from georgia tech. im thinking most likely it will be the georgia tech guy because he was a HC in the nfl years ago. and i agree i dont see schottenheimer as a head coach. any interview with him he has shown no personality. he wont be able to inspire and pump up players. plus, he was a qb coach for years, and only a coordinator for one year. i think he needs more time. this is such ******** though, we had hackett who was mr conservative, heimerdinger who sucked, and now we finally have someone good and hes probably gonna leave.

sig by JETS5128

Comment

• Originally posted by Ace
            Originally posted by throwback54milkman
            there is no reason to assume he will be a bad coach, he was a great o coordinator and if he leaves , he will be missed.

Comment

• For the FM Mock, what do you guys think we should do as far as RB goes. In my opinion, I'm pretty sold on Brian Leonard and I'm thinking we should just ignore RB until the draft and go with Leonard...
              Glenn Dorsey will slip...

Jets will not take McFadden...

Comment

• Losing Schottenheimer will be a major blow to the Jets. Not only does the scheme probably change, but he is going to our biggest rival. Also, Brian is known for turning Quarterbacks into the real deal and that wouldn't help develope Kellen or help chad improve. I thik losing him would cause a major problem for the Jets. He has helped this tema a lot and losing him would be a major problem....

Via BoneKrusher

Comment

• I would hate to lose Schottenheimer. That would be a HUGE blow.

Comment

• Originally posted by nvot9
                    For the FM Mock, what do you guys think we should do as far as RB goes. In my opinion, I'm pretty sold on Brian Leonard and I'm thinking we should just ignore RB until the draft and go with Leonard...
                    Drafting Brian Leonard is not ignoring the Rb position.

Comment

• Originally posted by josh07039
                      Originally posted by nvot9
                      For the FM Mock, what do you guys think we should do as far as RB goes. In my opinion, I'm pretty sold on Brian Leonard and I'm thinking we should just ignore RB until the draft and go with Leonard...
                      I believe he meant that we should go with Leonard in the draft and ignore the RB position in trades/free agency.

And again as for Miller I've seen the Patriots draft tight ends in the first round twice and the Chargers use Gates. The Pats drafted a tight end or two last year when they had Watson and Graham already on the team. Whether it is a large need or not these guys come from teams that love the tight end. Mangini as a defensive coach knows the mismatches that a good tight end can cause. Hell, a two tight end set with Miller and Baker would cause problems for defenses in the passing game and the red zone plus it would improve the run game. I think that is what the coaches are going to be talking about when Miller is there at 26 and no running back, defensive lineman, or offensive lineman worthy of the 26th pick on the board, and no elite defensive back slips down. In that situation I would like to see a trade down, but based on how important the tight end is in offenses I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen. I don't really like the idea very much but I think toonster was right when he brought that up and it is a possibility. Hopefully we see a guy like Leonard, Carriker, or Tony Hunt rise and be worth the 26th pick, or a big RT or guard slip to 26, and we don't have to look in that direction. But I don't think we can eliminate it as a possibility, just like we can't say there's no way we go anywhere but defense in the first.

Comment

• how was schottenheimer's offense? i'm taking it that if he leaves, it'll be a great loss, correct?

credit to cardsalltheway

Comment

• Originally posted by BehrenMan007
                          how was schottenheimer's offense? i'm taking it that if he leaves, it'll be a great loss, correct?
                          Yea, it'd be a great loss. He did a nice job of mixing up plays and applying Pennington's skills into the offense. He also incorporated Brad Smith very nicely, using him as a trick player and a decoy.

Comment

• Originally posted by derza222
                            Originally posted by josh07039
                            I believe he meant that we should go with Leonard in the draft and ignore the RB position in trades/free agency.

And again as for Miller I've seen the Patriots draft tight ends in the first round twice and the Chargers use Gates. The Pats drafted a tight end or two last year when they had Watson and Graham already on the team. Whether it is a large need or not these guys come from teams that love the tight end. Mangini as a defensive coach knows the mismatches that a good tight end can cause. Hell, a two tight end set with Miller and Baker would cause problems for defenses in the passing game and the red zone plus it would improve the run game. I think that is what the coaches are going to be talking about when Miller is there at 26 and no running back, defensive lineman, or offensive lineman worthy of the 26th pick on the board, and no elite defensive back slips down. In that situation I would like to see a trade down, but based on how important the tight end is in offenses I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen. I don't really like the idea very much but I think toonster was right when he brought that up and it is a possibility. Hopefully we see a guy like Leonard, Carriker, or Tony Hunt rise and be worth the 26th pick, or a big RT or guard slip to 26, and we don't have to look in that direction. But I don't think we can eliminate it as a possibility, just like we can't say there's no way we go anywhere but defense in the first.
                            i dont like it at all. the reason chris baker isnt a probowler is because in our offensive system he rarely gets thrown the ball. i think miller will be a great player in the nfl, but we already have a good TE, and miller would just dissappear with our style of play. also, we have such more important needs. DL, CB, and RB are all glaring holes right now, TE is not.

sig by JETS5128

Comment

• Originally posted by nyjetsguy27
                              Originally posted by derza222

i dont like it at all. the reason chris baker isnt a probowler is because in our offensive system he rarely gets thrown the ball. i think miller will be a great player in the nfl, but we already have a good TE, and miller would just dissappear with our style of play. also, we have such more important needs. DL, CB, and RB are all glaring holes right now, TE is not.
                              He said we have bigger needs, but what if their is no one deserving of that spot at our pick? I actually wouldn't mind getting miller. We could use 2 TE instead of 3 WR's, and it would have the same effect. If there was no one at a position of need, Miller would probably be the best pick.

With that said i wouldn't mind a trade down either

Sig by Me

Comment

• Originally posted by nyjetsguy27
                                Originally posted by derza222

First of all you are overrating Baker so much it is unbelievable. There is no way he would be a Pro Bowl tight end. No way. Ever. I can name four elite AFC tight ends that will always make it over him off the top of my head: Gates, Gonzalez, Heap, and Winslow. You saying Baker would be a Pro Bowl TE if he got thrown the ball more is absolutely ridiculous.

And I kind of wonder if you can actually read. I CLEARLY stated that he'd only be considered if nobody worth picking at the EXACT same positions you just said was available. AND I said that I wouldn't be a big fan of the pick and I'd rather trade down, but realistically you can't eliminate it as a possibility because of the lineage of our coaches. Other than our style of play which I think has more to do with Baker's ability than Schottenheimer's reluctance to use the tight end, I don't really get what you were trying to say.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information