• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JETS5128
    Originally posted by nyjetsguy27
    Originally posted by derza222
    Originally posted by josh07039
    Originally posted by nvot9
    For the FM Mock, what do you guys think we should do as far as RB goes. In my opinion, I'm pretty sold on Brian Leonard and I'm thinking we should just ignore RB until the draft and go with Leonard...
    Drafting Brian Leonard is not ignoring the Rb position.
    I believe he meant that we should go with Leonard in the draft and ignore the RB position in trades/free agency.

And again as for Miller I've seen the Patriots draft tight ends in the first round twice and the Chargers use Gates. The Pats drafted a tight end or two last year when they had Watson and Graham already on the team. Whether it is a large need or not these guys come from teams that love the tight end. Mangini as a defensive coach knows the mismatches that a good tight end can cause. Hell, a two tight end set with Miller and Baker would cause problems for defenses in the passing game and the red zone plus it would improve the run game. I think that is what the coaches are going to be talking about when Miller is there at 26 and no running back, defensive lineman, or offensive lineman worthy of the 26th pick on the board, and no elite defensive back slips down. In that situation I would like to see a trade down, but based on how important the tight end is in offenses I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen. I don't really like the idea very much but I think toonster was right when he brought that up and it is a possibility. Hopefully we see a guy like Leonard, Carriker, or Tony Hunt rise and be worth the 26th pick, or a big RT or guard slip to 26, and we don't have to look in that direction. But I don't think we can eliminate it as a possibility, just like we can't say there's no way we go anywhere but defense in the first.
    i dont like it at all. the reason chris baker isnt a probowler is because in our offensive system he rarely gets thrown the ball. i think miller will be a great player in the nfl, but we already have a good TE, and miller would just dissappear with our style of play. also, we have such more important needs. DL, CB, and RB are all glaring holes right now, TE is not.
    He said we have bigger needs, but what if their is no one deserving of that spot at our pick? I actually wouldn't mind getting miller. We could use 2 TE instead of 3 WR's, and it would have the same effect. If there was no one at a position of need, Miller would probably be the best pick.

With that said i wouldn't mind a trade down either
    yah if there is absolutely NO ONE left when we pick then thats fine. but if carriker or lynch or someone that we all want is there (which is like a 99.99% chance), then we have to go for it. ehhh i kinda would be mad with a trade down. i just think theres a lot of talent in the first 2 rounds this year, and we could use our picks bigtime.

sig by JETS5128

Comment

• Originally posted by nyjetsguy27
      Originally posted by JETS5128
      Originally posted by nyjetsguy27
      Originally posted by derza222
      Originally posted by josh07039
      Originally posted by nvot9
      For the FM Mock, what do you guys think we should do as far as RB goes. In my opinion, I'm pretty sold on Brian Leonard and I'm thinking we should just ignore RB until the draft and go with Leonard...
      Drafting Brian Leonard is not ignoring the Rb position.
      I believe he meant that we should go with Leonard in the draft and ignore the RB position in trades/free agency.

And again as for Miller I've seen the Patriots draft tight ends in the first round twice and the Chargers use Gates. The Pats drafted a tight end or two last year when they had Watson and Graham already on the team. Whether it is a large need or not these guys come from teams that love the tight end. Mangini as a defensive coach knows the mismatches that a good tight end can cause. Hell, a two tight end set with Miller and Baker would cause problems for defenses in the passing game and the red zone plus it would improve the run game. I think that is what the coaches are going to be talking about when Miller is there at 26 and no running back, defensive lineman, or offensive lineman worthy of the 26th pick on the board, and no elite defensive back slips down. In that situation I would like to see a trade down, but based on how important the tight end is in offenses I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen. I don't really like the idea very much but I think toonster was right when he brought that up and it is a possibility. Hopefully we see a guy like Leonard, Carriker, or Tony Hunt rise and be worth the 26th pick, or a big RT or guard slip to 26, and we don't have to look in that direction. But I don't think we can eliminate it as a possibility, just like we can't say there's no way we go anywhere but defense in the first.
      i dont like it at all. the reason chris baker isnt a probowler is because in our offensive system he rarely gets thrown the ball. i think miller will be a great player in the nfl, but we already have a good TE, and miller would just dissappear with our style of play. also, we have such more important needs. DL, CB, and RB are all glaring holes right now, TE is not.
      He said we have bigger needs, but what if their is no one deserving of that spot at our pick? I actually wouldn't mind getting miller. We could use 2 TE instead of 3 WR's, and it would have the same effect. If there was no one at a position of need, Miller would probably be the best pick.

With that said i wouldn't mind a trade down either
      yah if there is absolutely NO ONE left when we pick then thats fine. but if carriker or lynch or someone that we all want is there (which is like a 99.99% chance), then we have to go for it. ehhh i kinda would be mad with a trade down. i just think theres a lot of talent in the first 2 rounds this year, and we could use our picks bigtime.
      Yeah thats what I was trying to say, nobody available. I really doubt Lynch is there, and Carriker may not be valuable. And the great talent in the first two rounds is why I'd like a trade out of the first if we could pick up a couple of seconds or a second and a third in the deal...I don't think there would be a big drop off between 26 and say 35-40 and we'd pick up an extra day 1 pick in the process. But obviously if there's a good fit at DL, RB, even OL available, or an elite DB, we go in that direction.

Comment

• I'm watching the Charger-Patriot game and Michael Turner is showing great flashes. He's a great inside runner that can really hit the holes well. If we can give him like 20 carries a game and Leon Washington about 5 carries a game for a change of pace, I think our running game will finally start clicking. I want to pursue him during the offseason.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scorch
          I'm watching the Charger-Patriot game and Michael Turner is showing great flashes. He's a great inside runner that can really hit the holes well. If we can give him like 20 carries a game and Leon Washington about 5 carries a game for a change of pace, I think our running game will finally start clicking. I want to pursue him during the offseason.
          I was thinking about this while watching the game also. I'm starting to believe that it would be good value to trade our first rounder for him. He has great potential and is better value than anyone that we could draft with our pick.

Comment

• we've been wanting michael turner for a while. he is going to be a very high commodity. he would fit very well with us, but still we are going to have to put in a lot for him. another guy i would love to have adalius thomas he would be a sick addition to our defense. he is a very versatile player.

Via BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by tishdog
              Originally posted by Scorch
              I'm watching the Charger-Patriot game and Michael Turner is showing great flashes. He's a great inside runner that can really hit the holes well. If we can give him like 20 carries a game and Leon Washington about 5 carries a game for a change of pace, I think our running game will finally start clicking. I want to pursue him during the offseason.
              I was thinking about this while watching the game also. I'm starting to believe that it would be good value to trade our first rounder for him. He has great potential and is better value than anyone that we could draft with our pick.
              That is the stupidest thing ive heard. We have way to many needs to give up our first rounder. That is not wroth it at all. Turner is a great player but I don't believe he is first round quality we can't give up that pick. That is rediculous.

Via BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Young Nasty Man
                Originally posted by tishdog
                That is the stupidest thing ive heard. We have way to many needs to give up our first rounder. That is not wroth it at all. Turner is a great player but I don't believe he is first round quality we can't give up that pick. That is rediculous.
                Yea, definitely not a first rounder, but we can afford to lose our later second rounder.

Comment

• Originally posted by Young Nasty Man
                  Originally posted by tishdog
                  i agree, i think at most we should give up our #2 second rounder for him. but yah he is looking great so far in this game, and would be a great combo with leon. simms said that he is a better inside runner than LT. have him pound it away, and use leon on outside running, amazing. have the chargers officially put turner on the trading block, or are people just talking prayers hoping that wed be able to get him?

sig by JETS5128

Comment

• What do you guys think about his trade?

Michael Turner for Jerricho Cotchery and a 3rd?

That is correct comahan
                    I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                    <3 dg

Comment

• Originally posted by draftguru151
                      What do you guys think about his trade?

no, Cotchery is an extremely valuable reciever, yeah hes only 24 or something, but I think that Cotchery and a 3rd are more valuable than a rb that has not proven he can carry the load. Additionally, next year's crop of running backs is amazing, If enough come out, we could get great value in the second and 3rd round.

Comment

no wayyyy. if we dont have cotchery, we arent going to have a #2 WR. coles himself has been banged up all year, and there is no way that he could carry the load himself. i think that our #2 2nd rounder would be good enough for the chargers

sig by JETS5128

Comment

cotchery is far more valuable than turner, switch around the 3rd rounder and it might be close to correct value.

Turner is a player that has never been a full time starter that has run on defenses tired from playing against the best player in the NFL at a position that is at an extreme surplus in the league. Let's not forget that Edge and Alexander were going for second rounders last year and nobody would take them. How would Turner be worth even more?

Cotchery on the other hand is an up and coming wide receiver that has made tons of big plays despite having a quarterback known for a very weak arm. Quality wide receivers are far more difficult to find than quality runningbacks.

Comment

• I wouldn't be surprised if Cotchery is involved in a trade for Turner. Rivers played with Cotchery in college so the Chargers may try and reunite them.

Gamertag: KRAAAWG

Comment

• Originally posted by shavedaeyebrow2
                              I wouldn't be surprised if Cotchery is involved in a trade for Turner. Rivers played with Cotchery in college so the Chargers may try and reunite them.
                              If we get rid of Cotchery, I will be so goddamn pissed off. He's one of my favorite players, and he's *young* and *talented*... which is what a rebuilding team needs.

Comment

• Originally posted by frogstomp
                                Originally posted by shavedaeyebrow2
                                I wouldn't be surprised if Cotchery is involved in a trade for Turner. Rivers played with Cotchery in college so the Chargers may try and reunite them.
                                If we get rid of Cotchery, I will be so goddamn pissed off. He's one of my favorite players, and he's *young* and *talented*... which is what a rebuilding team needs.
                                Relax, Cotchery isn't going anywhere. This organization is far smarter than it used to be.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information