X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by josh07039
    Originally posted by Young Nasty Man
    its more of a what I want draft rather than a mock. I forgot to put that there. I think this kid McCauley will just be another average corner that you barely hear about. He isn't anything special. Our problem is that this draft doesn't help our defensive line needs. We gotta work wtih whats there and deal with it. This is a good draft but not the type of draft the jets need. I mean some positions can clearly be helped more then other but not the ones I believe we need.
    I disagree about mccauley, hes not an average prospect with little potential, hes more of a boom or bust time IMO, Hes really big and fast and just an all around great athlete, however, he had a disappointing senior year which is what scares alot of people, including myself. I don't really love mccauley, but he may be one of the few value picks at our spot.
    Crap we're on the same page on McCauley Josh.

Comment

• Originally posted by derza222
      Originally posted by josh07039
      its more of a what I want draft rather than a mock. I forgot to put that there. I think this kid McCauley will just be another average corner that you barely hear about. He isn't anything special. Our problem is that this draft doesn't help our defensive line needs. We gotta work wtih whats there and deal with it. This is a good draft but not the type of draft the jets need. I mean some positions can clearly be helped more then other but not the ones I believe we need.
      I disagree about mccauley, hes not an average prospect with little potential, hes more of a boom or bust time IMO, Hes really big and fast and just an all around great athlete, however, he had a disappointing senior year which is what scares alot of people, including myself. I don't really love mccauley, but he may be one of the few value picks at our spot.
      what, Crap, it just shows we are the smartest ones here at the moment.

Comment

• I had a feeling josh was arrogant.

Via BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by derza222
          We've always been the smartest ones here and always will be...

Comment

notice I said at the moment, toonster comes here sometime.

Comment

• Originally posted by Young Nasty Man
              I had a feeling josh was arrogant.
              **** yeah, Derza always knew it, now u all know.

Comment

Oh true story. toonster is the smartest person in the universe. Shaved usually knows what he's talking about too.

Comment

Oh true story. toonster is the smartest person in the universe. Shaved usually knows what he's talking about too.
                  I suppose he does, doesn't mean I have to agree.

Comment

Yeah, but he's usually money. We're NFLDC vets, we've been here for awhile, more than one draft. Speaking of which, so much changes before the draft, its tough to say that nobody worth our pick will be available or this guy is the perfect fit and will definitely be available because so much changes during predraft workouts. Just something for everyone here (including myself at times) to think about.

Comment

• go pats

Comment

• Originally posted by FenwayFaithful
                        go pats
                        Shut the hell up. Don't go into another forum just to piss people off.

DChess...youre the man!

Comment

• Originally posted by FenwayFaithful
                          go pats
                          Dude you are new so ill let this go without severly burning you. This isn't how things work here, so **** off.

Comment

Yeah, but he's usually money. We're NFLDC vets, we've been here for awhile, more than one draft. Speaking of which, so much changes before the draft, its tough to say that nobody worth our pick will be available or this guy is the perfect fit and will definitely be available because so much changes during predraft workouts. Just something for everyone here (including myself at times) to think about.
                            Well from now on i will preface everything I type on this site with "as of right now" or " based on the information available at this moment" to illustrate that the nfl draft is a fluid ever changing entity.

Comment

• Originally posted by nyjetsguy27
                              Originally posted by nyjetsguy27
                              i am now saying:

1-carriker
                              2a-mccauley
                              2b-bush

what does everyone think about possible meachem in round 3. we only have 2 WRs, and coles gets banged up way too much. a good #3 could reallllllly help out the pass. 2 things... do you think hell be around round 3, and do you think hell be good?
                              I dont like it at all. I dont think Carriker is worth the first round pick. I dont like this guy McCauley at all. Bush is the only one id maybe consider. Carriker is probably a smart selection but I dont think that high. McCauley is meh to me and I dont really see anything special. Bush is coming off a major injury so there are too many '?'s there. I'd rather see something like this

1. Blaylock
                              2a. Leonard
                              2b. ?
                              The first mock is alright except mccauley would be the 1st rounder then Bush then Carriker. FOr that one id rather have leonard than bush. T/he second one, Blaylock may not fall to us, it the same as lynch, the chances of him falling are slim.
                              yah blalock is a 1% chance of reaching us, so i didnt even bothering putting him in. as for carriker, im not too sure how long hed last into round 2. ive been hearing a lot of hype about him, so i put him in at round 1. mccauley is about the best CB physically as possible. hes tall, strong, and fast. thats why i think its worth the try. with coaching by mangenius, he might be good. and i love bush. but what do you guys think about meachem??? you didnt tell me. good/bad? round 3 or higher?
                              Meachem won't be there in round 3, and i can't say i'm all for getting him either.

About the draft, i don't mind any of the picks, but i'm not in love with any of them either. The more i think about it the more i realize that we should really trade away our 1st rounder. Unless someone falls to us i really think we should trade for future picks.

Sig by Me

Comment

Well from now on i will preface everything I type on this site with "as of right now" or " based on the information available at this moment" to illustrate that the nfl draft is a fluid ever changing entity.
                                I didn't mean for everything its just sometimes people make it seem like theres no way that said player at said position will be worth our first rounder. And please nobody think I'm an ass for not mentioning you among smart Jets fans I was kidding, to an extent. toonster is a genius though.

Back to the draft, I was wondering who on this forum wants Turner, who wants to draft an everydown RB, and who wants to draft a power RB a bit later. Also, if you had to choose for us to trade up (for a specific player, i.e. Branch, Lynch) or trade down into the second and pick up more day 1 picks, which would you prefer?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information