X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by vilma
    Originally posted by The Swamp
    If I was Mike Tanenbaum I would draft Jarvis Moss DE out of Florida. He is a playmaker and leader on Defense. Something the Jets desperately need on thier D-Line. With Jarvis Moss on the Line, Vilma at LB, and Rhodes in the secondary the Jets Defense would be great. Jarvis Moss definitely has the size and power to break through the offensive line. He would bring the spark the jets need right away in his rookie season. Replacing Kemo on the line, the jets run defense and quarterback coverage would be greatly improved and be on their way to another playoff berth. He also is an excellent Field Goal/Punt Blocker!
    Moss would be an OLB in our scheme and would be a perfect fit. Him or Blalock would be our pick at 25 not Hughes as scott has in his mock. Personally, if I couldnt trade out of rd 1 I would go:
    1) 25) Justin Blalock OG
    2) 6) Anthony Spencer OLB/DE
    2) 25) Chris Houston or Aaron Ross CB
    3) 25) Gary Russell RB

I would love to add Meachem if we could get another 2nd rd pick and I would love to trade out of rd 1 and end up getting Grubbs to play guard and an extra 1st rd pick next yr.
    I agree perfectly with the draft you have listed. I don't like your idea of trading out of round one for Grubbs. Blaylock would be a lot better than him IMO and would also help the run game a lottt!!!

I love the idea of Turner. As long as we don't have to give up a first rounder for him, we do have 2 second rounders and I think he's better than any back we'd draft in the second round. (Except maybe Leonard, but he'd fit a very different role.) I think Turner has the potential to prove himself as a great starter in this league.

DChess...youre the man!

Comment

• I know this doesn't matter at all, but in the forum mock, I traded away Brad Kassell to the 49ers for Marques Douglas. At the moment, I am about to get Willis McGahee for the 'skins 2nd. It's killing 2 birds with one stone, because now when we play the Bills, we won't have to worry about Willis destroying us. We also get a great young RB.

I know basically everyone wants Okoye in the draft, but let's say Okoye isn't at my pick (#25). Who do you guys think I should take? I was thinking best CB available or if any good 3-4 DEs fall take one. If not, trade for more picks.

Gamertag: KRAAAWG

Comment

• Originally posted by shavedaeyebrow2
        I know this doesn't matter at all, but in the forum mock, I traded away Brad Kassell to the 49ers for Marques Douglas. At the moment, I am about to get Willis McGahee for the 'skins 2nd. It's killing 2 birds with one stone, because now when we play the Bills, we won't have to worry about Willis destroying us. We also get a great young RB.

I know basically everyone wants Okoye in the draft, but let's say Okoye isn't at my pick (#25). Who do you guys think I should take? I was thinking best CB available or if any good 3-4 DEs fall take one. If not, trade for more picks.
        If we actually got McGahee that would be the happiest day of my life. I think you should take Jarvis Moss at the 25th pick.
        J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!

PLAYERS TO LOOK FORWARD TO:
        KELLEN CLEMENS QB #11
        BRAD SMITH WR #16
        DAVID HARRIS MLB #52
        DARRELLE REVIS CB #24

Comment

• Originally posted by jetsman309
          Originally posted by shavedaeyebrow2
          I know this doesn't matter at all, but in the forum mock, I traded away Brad Kassell to the 49ers for Marques Douglas. At the moment, I am about to get Willis McGahee for the 'skins 2nd. It's killing 2 birds with one stone, because now when we play the Bills, we won't have to worry about Willis destroying us. We also get a great young RB.

If we actually got McGahee that would be the happiest day of my life. I think you should take Jarvis Moss at the 25th pick.
          That could be a good one...him Anthony Spencer, Charles Johnson, or maybe Quentin Moses if he falls that far. Any of those guys could really help our pass rush.

DChess...youre the man!

Comment

• Mcgahee would be amazing and Vilma would definately push management to get him. Id give up our first for him.

^^Sig From Nvot9

Comment

• Mcgahee isn't anything special, we jets fans just think he's good because he kicks our ass every year. he doesn't really do anything else for the rest of the year

Comment

• Originally posted by Zim3031
                Mcgahee isn't anything special, we jets fans just think he's good because he kicks our ass every year. he doesn't really do anything else for the rest of the year
                he's better than anyone we got, and he's probably a top 15 back when he's healthy.

^^Sig From Nvot9

Comment

• why does scott have us taking hughes in the mock? thats the dumbest thing that ive ever seen. he does have blalock on the board at our pick though. you never know, we might just get lucky

sig by JETS5128

Comment

• Ya I started to quesiton myself wtih who Scott has there. But you can't question the man.

1) 25) Justin Blalock OG
                    3) 25) Gary Russell RB
                    This is my Ideal draft. This would be perfect but very hard to get. Also, if we can get Turner then that would be great aswell. Gary Russell is a solid running back. If I had to pick any back over him it would be Brian Leonard, but thats a biased opinion. I think Aaron Ross is one of the best corners in the draft and will be a really good corner in the pros. He hits liek a tank and is a beast. I think this is a sick draft.

I dont want Jarvis Moss. I really don't think we should use our pick on that position in the first round inless someone unreal like Gaines Adams or Quentin Moses. Thats my personal opinion, I just don't believe its the right thing to do. I think that it starts in the trenches and if we can get another blocker to add to our line, we are going to have great time for Chad and the run game will open up.

Via BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Young Nasty Man
                      Ya I started to quesiton myself wtih who Scott has there. But you can't question the man.

1) 25) Justin Blalock OG
                      3) 25) Gary Russell RB
                      This is my Ideal draft. This would be perfect but very hard to get. Also, if we can get Turner then that would be great aswell. Gary Russell is a solid running back. If I had to pick any back over him it would be Brian Leonard, but thats a biased opinion. I think Aaron Ross is one of the best corners in the draft and will be a really good corner in the pros. He hits liek a tank and is a beast. I think this is a sick draft.

I dont want Jarvis Moss. I really don't think we should use our pick on that position in the first round inless someone unreal like Gaines Adams or Quentin Moses. Thats my personal opinion, I just don't believe its the right thing to do. I think that it starts in the trenches and if we can get another blocker to add to our line, we are going to have great time for Chad and the run game will open up.
                      I don't think that Moss is that much behind Moses. Behind Gaines and Anderson yes, but Moses really underachieved this year and pushed himself back from an early 1st round pick to a mid-late first rounder. If he doesn't work out well he may even be around at our pick. You never know.

DChess...youre the man!

Comment

• Originally posted by Young Nasty Man
                        Ya I started to quesiton myself wtih who Scott has there. But you can't question the man.

1) 25) Justin Blalock OG
                        3) 25) Gary Russell RB

I like that draft alot but with Hobson and Thomas both being locked up for a while i don't see us drafting any hybrid type players early unless an Adams or a Moses falls to us. Thats being said i'd still pass on Moses anyway as i'd like MOss over him but not in Round 1. If he's on the board and Revis, ROss and Blalock are off the board it wouldn't be the worst pick in early round 2. I would like Blaylock and if we can't land Revis, then Ross is my favorite corner in this draft. AS for Russel i've liked him since he was still playing and like his potential. If we got that draft i would be a little unhappy with Spencer depending on who else is on the board but overall i wouldsn't complain

Sig thanks to VLS

My BC Iggles. (13-4)

Comment

• Originally posted by FlutiesDropKick
                          Originally posted by Young Nasty Man

1) 25) Justin Blalock OG
                          3) 25) Gary Russell RB

I like that draft alot but with Hobson and Thomas both being locked up for a while i don't see us drafting any hybrid type players early unless an Adams or a Moses falls to us. Thats being said i'd still pass on Moses anyway as i'd like MOss over him but not in Round 1. If he's on the board and Revis, ROss and Blalock are off the board it wouldn't be the worst pick in early round 2. I would like Blaylock and if we can't land Revis, then Ross is my favorite corner in this draft. AS for Russel i've liked him since he was still playing and like his potential. If we got that draft i would be a little unhappy with Spencer depending on who else is on the board but overall i wouldsn't complain
                          our pass rush needs to improve. All good 34 D's have 2 consistant pass rushers. Hobson would move to ILB next to Vilma

Comment

• Originally posted by vilma
                            Originally posted by FlutiesDropKick

1) 25) Justin Blalock OG
                            3) 25) Gary Russell RB

our pass rush needs to improve. All good 34 D's have 2 consistant pass rushers. Hobson would move to ILB next to Vilma
                            what about barton? Also that would probably spell the end for either Kassel or Schlegal as keeping that many ILB would be rather pointless

Sig thanks to VLS

My BC Iggles. (13-4)

Comment

• Originally posted by FlutiesDropKick
                              Originally posted by vilma
                              Originally posted by FlutiesDropKick

1) 25) Justin Blalock OG
                              3) 25) Gary Russell RB

what about barton? Also that would probably spell the end for either Kassel or Schlegal as keeping that many ILB would be rather pointless
                              I've heard speculation about letting Barton go. He didn't really have a great season.

DChess...youre the man!

Comment

• yah barton is the worst of our LBs, but i still think its worth keeping him

sig by JETS5128

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information