Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anybody check out the latest draft. i cant beleive we are slated to taking hughes over blaylock. i know its still early but if we were to take a corner, would we really want him?

Comment

• I feel like there is going to be a major roster thrashing...its going to be interseting with what happens in the offseason to say the least..

Via BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Young Nasty Man
        I feel like there is going to be a major roster thrashing...its going to be interseting with what happens in the offseason to say the least..
        i dont think so. mangini is all about character and team play. he wouldnt take a team that played together like family, and totally rip them apart. we have a few needs that we need to address (DL, RB, CB), and he will fix them with the draft and maybe a f/a or 2, but other than that he will basically keep the face of this franchise the same. nice sig btw nasty man

sig by JETS5128

Comment

• Originally posted by Young Nasty Man
          I feel like there is going to be a major roster thrashing...its going to be interseting with what happens in the offseason to say the least..
          The Roster thrashing was last year, this year we have tons of cap space and nearly all of our starters under contract.

Comment

• Do you see any possibility that they JEts trade up to get Alan Branch?
            Glenn Dorsey will slip...

Jets will not take McFadden...

Comment

• Originally posted by nvot9
              Do you see any possibility that they JEts trade up to get Alan Branch?
              No. No trading up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scorch
                Originally posted by nvot9
                No. No trading up.
                probably not- it would be bad management to trade up for a DT like twice in 4/5 years, and he's no lock to be a star NT anyways. Maybe if Gaines Adams or Jamaal Anderson fall further than expect like around 15 then we might try to trade up there.

^^Sig From Nvot9
                J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!

Comment

Not worth the price probably. I think going after a guy like Terdell Sands in FA is probably the more efficient option. Then we can move Dwayne to DE.

Originally posted by supermario86
                  Stanton will be a pro bowler his 5th year book it.

Comment

• To be perfectly honest, as much as I procaimed NT to be the Jets biggest need and a must have in the first round, I'm starting to not think so anymore. I mean when you go down the list of 3-4 teams' NT's, none really have an absolutely dominant NT, and certainly not the same way that 4-3 teams have dominant DT's. I mean take the Pats for example, Vince Wilfork, only been in the NFL for 3 seasons, and he's one of the best DT's/NT's in the NFL already, but he's not a dominant player who racks up superior stats. But he's stout, good against the run, and requires multiple men or a sack is coming.In my opinion, after reviewing a little bit, Dewayne Robertson did all that plus more last year, and certainly has given room for even more improvement as well. I see us more going for an outstanding DE, ala Richard Seymour, someone like Carriker maybe or Barak Atkins later.

Thoughts?

What is everyone's opinion on what we do in the first round right now. I wouldn't be opposed to trading down..
                    Glenn Dorsey will slip...

Jets will not take McFadden...

Comment

What is everyone's opinion on what we do in the first round right now. I wouldn't be opposed to trading down..
                      Carriker or a great pass-rushing OLB (there are a ton of them)

What do you think we would ask for in return for #26 in a potential trade? Two 2nds? A 2nd and a 3rd?

Originally posted by supermario86
                      Stanton will be a pro bowler his 5th year book it.

Comment

I would really love trading down too

Sig by Me

Comment

• Originally posted by JETS5128
                          We would be basically be swapping our 1st and giving up 2 seconds to move up to the what 10 spot? Doesn't sound worth it to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlexDown
                            Originally posted by JETS5128
                            We would be basically be swapping our 1st and giving up 2 seconds to move up to the what 10 spot? Doesn't sound worth it to me.

Sig by Me

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluedevil$
                              Not worth the price probably. I think going after a guy like Terdell Sands in FA is probably the more efficient option. Then we can move Dwayne to DE.
                              oo god, he may be the ugliest man in the NFL not named McQuistan, but hes one big mofo

Sig thanks to VLS

My BC Iggles. (13-4)

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluedevil$
                                Carriker or a great pass-rushing OLB (there are a ton of them)

What do you think we would ask for in return for #26 in a potential trade? Two 2nds? A 2nd and a 3rd?
                                I like Carriker or Blalock with our first rounder but unless we can somehow land Adams i don't really feel the pressing need to take a rush backer since thomas and hobson were solid. I'd rather grab another ILB in the 2nd and either carriker, blalock, Levi Brown (a few mocks have him falling to us) or if Revis falls i feel we can't pass him up in the 1st.

Sig thanks to VLS

My BC Iggles. (13-4)

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information