Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New York Jets Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by JETS5128
    Originally posted by AlexDown
    Originally posted by JETS5128
    Originally posted by nvot9
    What is everyone's opinion on what we do in the first round right now. I wouldn't be opposed to trading down..
    I would really love trading down too
    We would be basically be swapping our 1st and giving up 2 seconds to move up to the what 10 spot? Doesn't sound worth it to me.
    Yikes..........

    Comment


    • Originally posted by nvot9
      Do you see any possibility that they JEts trade up to get Alan Branch?
      i wouldnt do it. wed need to get into the top 10 to get him, meaning wed give up some huge draft picks and maybe a player or 2 too. we all know how mangini uses belichick's style, and theres no way hes gonna make a crazy trade like that. hed prefer to sign guys off the street like they do in new england than make a huge trade for one guy like that


      sig by JETS5128

      Comment


      • The only player I really want the Jets to get is Blaylock. If he's not there, trade down.

        Comment


        • Why is everyone so low on Lamarr Woodley all of a sudden?

          And how come Hobson can't move inside, he's not a great pass rusher really?


          ^^Sig From Nvot9
          J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!

          Comment


          • Originally posted by nyjetsguy27
            Originally posted by nvot9
            Do you see any possibility that they JEts trade up to get Alan Branch?
            i wouldnt do it. wed need to get into the top 10 to get him, meaning wed give up some huge draft picks and maybe a player or 2 too. we all know how mangini uses belichick's style, and theres no way hes gonna make a crazy trade like that. hed prefer to sign guys off the street like they do in new england than make a huge trade for one guy like that
            i'd like to see CJ Mosley get some chances at the nose

            Sig thanks to VLS

            My BC Iggles. (13-4)

            Comment


            • Originally posted by throwback54milkman
              Why is everyone so low on Lamarr Woodley all of a sudden?

              And how come Hobson can't move inside, he's not a great pass rusher really?

              we have great depth at lb even though he would be great for our pass rush.

              Comment


              • Woodley is a down lineman with less speed than other DE's which would make him a worse pick for OLB...Hobson can't move inside because he's too small to combo with Vilma...The Jets should trade down unless they can grab Blalock in the 1st, maybe trade the 1st rounder away to the Bucs who have 2 2nd Rounders which according to the trade value chart approx=25th pick in the 1st. 4 picks in the 2nd, in the words of Borat, "I like!"
                QB, OG, OLB, WR, CB, MLB, RB, FS

                Exactly Why The Jets were the Coolest Team in the NFL under Rex, but Bowles is the man-see Arians speech:

                http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...x-in-town.html


                http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...e-for-you.html

                Comment


                • Originally posted by nvot9
                  To be perfectly honest, as much as I procaimed NT to be the Jets biggest need and a must have in the first round, I'm starting to not think so anymore. I mean when you go down the list of 3-4 teams' NT's, none really have an absolutely dominant NT, and certainly not the same way that 4-3 teams have dominant DT's. I mean take the Pats for example, Vince Wilfork, only been in the NFL for 3 seasons, and he's one of the best DT's/NT's in the NFL already, but he's not a dominant player who racks up superior stats. But he's stout, good against the run, and requires multiple men or a sack is coming.In my opinion, after reviewing a little bit, Dewayne Robertson did all that plus more last year, and certainly has given room for even more improvement as well. I see us more going for an outstanding DE, ala Richard Seymour, someone like Carriker maybe or Barak Atkins later.

                  Thoughts?

                  What is everyone's opinion on what we do in the first round right now. I wouldn't be opposed to trading down..
                  The reason 3-4 NT's are so important is to clog up holes and require multiple blockers, preferably 2-3 on every play. They also get a little bit of a push and move forwards insteas of back. Guys like Teddy Washington, Jamaal Williams with the Chargers, and Casey Hampton with the Steelers are dominant NT's because they do this every play and wear defenses down. If you notice, each team with a great 3-4 NT usually has a very, very good run defense because the linebackers can roam around and make plays since the line takes up so many blockers. I don't think DeWayne did that at NT all the time, he was more quickness and the threat to penetrate than just pure force like most 3-4 NT's. He did a pretty good job, but he did it differently and I think our run defense would be better with a true 3-4 NT, which DeWayne is not. I also think we would be better in a 4-3, but I guess its pointless to hope that now. Anyway, I think NT is still a very big need, maybe not the biggest but still a need, but it was never a first round need because there are no first round 3-4 NT's as of right now. And I'm a fan of trading down as of right now, although I think one of the power RB's (by the way, everyone has to stop calling Michael Bush is a power RB, just because he's 250 doesn't mean he runs with power) will raise thru the combine and predraft workouts and we'll have to consider him at 26. That, a lineman (not a 4-3 DE, and no rush LB's either), or a trade down, all work for me.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by hcbrad08
                    Woodley is a down lineman with less speed than other DE's which would make him a worse pick for OLB...Hobson can't move inside because he's too small to combo with Vilma...The Jets should trade down unless they can grab Blalock in the 1st, maybe trade the 1st rounder away to the Bucs who have 2 2nd Rounders which according to the trade value chart approx=25th pick in the 1st. 4 picks in the 2nd, in the words of Borat, "I like!"
                    Hobson is bigger than Barton. And 6-1 250 is plenty of size to play ILB in the 3-4

                    Comment


                    • Hobson is 6'0 and so is Vilma thats a bad combo for seeing the play develop from the inside. Hobson is faster than Barton and is a good OLB...for those who said Barton had a bad / down year and will be cut he had 4 sacks from the inside and had 101 tackles which was more than Hobson (including 13 more solo tackles). A quiet year isn't necesarily a bad year...The LBs are not problem, the pressure on the QB wasn't there bc Kimo absolutely blew donkey d!ck and never commanded a double team which you need in a 3-4... DE is a big need if there are no NTs to draft or pick up in FA and then move Dewayne to DE.
                      QB, OG, OLB, WR, CB, MLB, RB, FS

                      Exactly Why The Jets were the Coolest Team in the NFL under Rex, but Bowles is the man-see Arians speech:

                      http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...x-in-town.html


                      http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...e-for-you.html

                      Comment


                      • Why does Scott feel Miller is on his way out of NY?

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Naked Jehuty
                          Why does Scott feel Miller is on his way out of NY?
                          hes not on the way out of NY but he is porbally not considered a starting caliber CB anymore

                          Comment


                          • Why does everyone like the idea of trading down so much? It's really not that smart to me, it just seems to me like everyone just throws that phrase around for approval. We already have 2 second round picks, which means, the way I see it we could potentially get 4 starting caliber players. (With each of our first day picks, assuming we draft smartly.) It's not like our roster is all set by any means, but I really don't think that we have THAT many needs that we should trade down. Chances are someone will slip to the Jets pick. Plus, I'd rather take the superior talent then trading down when we can already fill all our needs.

                            DChess...youre the man!

                            Comment


                            • the real question is why does everyone (including scott) want an OLB so much?!?! we have 4 LBs that are all great, 1 or 2 that are amazing. i keep hearing people talk about drafting these DE/OLB tweeners to be pass rushing OLBs. i think that is 100% dumb. if you want to go for a DE thats a 3-4 player thats massive and a hole clogger thats perfect, but please dont tell me we need these jarvis moss type pass rushing LBs.


                              sig by JETS5128

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by nyjetsguy27
                                the real question is why does everyone (including scott) want an OLB so much?!?! we have 4 LBs that are all great, 1 or 2 that are amazing. i keep hearing people talk about drafting these DE/OLB tweeners to be pass rushing OLBs. i think that is 100% dumb. if you want to go for a DE thats a 3-4 player thats massive and a hole clogger thats perfect, but please dont tell me we need these jarvis moss type pass rushing LBs.
                                because what if we found the next Shawne Merriman, Demarcus Ware, Joey Porter, Roosey Colvin, etc. type player- Bryan Thomas is that type but Victor Hobson certainly isn't- our pass rush really wasn't that good last year-- i agree a big DE would help too.


                                ^^Sig From Nvot9
                                J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information