X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Young Nasty Man
    Originally posted by throwback54milkman
    Originally posted by Young Nasty Man
    We can't just have Kerry Rhodes blitz every play because thats foolish. And as you guys named before, you need a guy who has speed and strength to be OLB in the 3-4. Im starting now to regreat what I was saying about Jarvis Moss. I think he would be a good pick and exciting at that. Florida produces a lot of good guys, this year primarily defense. If we can get one of their monster D-lineman that would be good. So, for all the people out there im sorry I was a fool and said that we shouldn't draft Moss.

Now, my question is if it came down to the following three, who would you select?

Brian Leonard
    Michael Bush
    Kenny Irons

I believe that Leonard fits best with the team. He is a great guy and a leader, I want him but what do you think?
    Michael Turner

Out of those 3, Bush has the most potential, but Leonard would also be good (remember Pennington used to throw to the FB a lot (Richie Anderson))

A great draft would be:

Blaylock
    Jarvis Moss
    Brian Leonard

If we go O-Line first round we can afford to have a "threat" as FB because he wouldn't need to block as much.
    Milkman I have a quesiton and its not to be sarcastic but may come out that way. Do you think its possible to get Blaylock, Moss, and Leonard?? I mean look, that would be unreal and I would definately cream my pants. We first need Blaylock to fall, which could possibly happen. After that I can see Moss falling to us becuase a lot of offensive guys are going to go. The only question is Leonard. I think he is highly rated and teams may jump on him. But if it happens that would be incredible. You can see how great we can be in the future............

Ferguson
    Kendall
    Mangold
    Blaylock
    Clement

Turner/Leon/
    Leonard

our backfield has a combination of power and speed...thats what I call nasty....
    I think Blaylock will fall to us only because guards usually aren't taken very early; if we can't get Moss then there are certainly a lot of OLB/DEs like him in this draft or we could go the Adam Carriker route. As for Leonard, his draft status will depend a lot on how he does in the combine- speed, strength, football IQ, etc. However, I really think he has more hype here than anywhere else in the country being from Rutgers, so there is definately a shot we can get him.

^^Sig From Nvot9
    J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!

Comment

• Originally posted by jetsfan3
      Originally posted by Zim3031
      I highly highly doubt the Jets will go for o-linemen with 3 straight first round picks.
      Why?
      Because that is an awful high amount of money and draft picks tied up into the offensive line. We got the two most difficult positions on the line, no need to invest too much money in a position that can be filled in for simliar production with less cost.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zim3031
        Originally posted by jetsfan3
        Originally posted by Zim3031
        I highly highly doubt the Jets will go for o-linemen with 3 straight first round picks.
        Why?
        Because that is an awful high amount of money and draft picks tied up into the offensive line. We got the two most difficult positions on the line, no need to invest too much money in a position that can be filled in for simliar production with less cost.
        I still disagree, because I'm all for the OLine, but you made a good points. The thing about Leonard is that if he falls, it's because he had bad a bad combine in which case I wouldnt want to take him. If he succeeds, he will be taken before our 2nd 2nd rounder.

Comment

• I'm hearing the Jets may give up the 1st and 3rd for Turner.

What would you guys think?
          Originally posted by Paul
          Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
          Originally posted by Vikes99ej
          These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
          MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

• Originally posted by Number 10
            I'm hearing the Jets may give up the 1st and 3rd for Turner.

Is this the same person from which you heard Coughlin was fired?

Just messing with you a bit.

Jets need a run game, but giving up a 1st and a 3rd is pretty ridiculous in my opinion.

Comment

• This is random but answer this, would the Jets trade with the Bears for this...

Bears Get - 26th overall pick
              4th round pick

Jets Get - Lance Briggs - OLB
              Thomas Jones - RB

Comment

• Originally posted by AlexDown
                Originally posted by Number 10

Is this the same person from which you heard Coughlin was fired?

Just messing with you a bit.

Jets need a run game, but giving up a 1st and a 3rd is pretty ridiculous in my opinion.
                SNY reported it.
                MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

• Originally posted by Donno
                  This is random but answer this, would the Jets trade with the Bears for this...

4th round pick

Thomas Jones - RB
                  isn't Briggs an unrestricted free agent?

^^Sig From Nvot9
                  J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!

Comment

• Originally posted by throwback54milkman
                    Originally posted by Donno
                    This is random but answer this, would the Jets trade with the Bears for this...

4th round pick

Thomas Jones - RB
                    isn't Briggs an unrestricted free agent?
                    He can be franchised and traded.
                    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

• Would you guys like if the Jets traded both their second round picks for the giants first rounder (#20)?

Comment

• Originally posted by GiantRutgersFan
                        Would you guys like if the Jets traded both their second round picks for the giants first rounder (#20)?
                        No.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlexDown
                          Originally posted by GiantRutgersFan
                          Would you guys like if the Jets traded both their second round picks for the giants first rounder (#20)?
                          No.

Even if Quentin Moses or Marshawn Lynch is available at 20?

The picks are exactly even on the value chart

Comment

O please no.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zim3031
                              the jets would definately take blalock if he dropped. if some decent OL slipped to us we definately wouldnt take him, but blalock is an elite and versatile OL. ha played OT for 3 years and OG for 1, and was amazing at both. he could play for either moore or clement, and maybe kendall when he moves on. with him our OL would be great for 15 years.

sig by JETS5128

Comment

the jets can get michael bush for a 2nd rounder. i think turner and bush are both gonna be pretty good. the most id ever give up for turner would be a 2nd rounder

sig by JETS5128

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information