X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JETS5128
    Meh, both the picks were just terrible decisions by pennington
    Both picks were caused by pressure; which caused the bad throw.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
    Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetness34
      Not the endzone one :?

Sig by Me

Comment

Wale was coming off the edge on that one. I think Chad rushed it because he felt the pressure from outside.

Regardless though; it was a good read by Urlacher and a bad throw by Chad. Brian basically stared down Pennington and read his eyes. He had Coles WIDE OPEN on that play.

Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

Wale was coming off the edge on that one. I think Chad rushed it because he felt the pressure from outside.

Regardless though; it was a good read by Urlacher and a bad throw by Chad. Brian basically stared down Pennington and read his eyes. He had Coles WIDE OPEN on that play.
          Yeah Urlacher read chad like a book. But even without Urlacher he was still throwing into double coverage

Sig by Me

Comment

Pennington played like utter garbage today. He couldn't hit anybody that was more than 5 yards away and even then he missed a lot. I'm getting very close to calling for Clemens.

The Bears did not play well at all, we had a chance to win it.

Comment

Originally posted by Zim3031
              Pennington played like utter garbage today. He couldn't hit anybody that was more than 5 yards away and even then he missed a lot. I'm getting very close to calling for Clemens.

I agree, its Clemens time. Pennington has been so inconsistent this year. We should try clemens in late game scenarios where we need to go deep, or where we are losing big.

Comment

Originally posted by josh07039

I agree, its Clemens time. Pennington has been so inconsistent this year. We should try clemens in late game scenarios where we need to go deep, or where we are losing big.
                Were 5-5 right now with still a chance to make the playoffs beacuse of our schedule. Starting a rookie will not, I repeat, will not give us the best chance to make the playoffs. Pennington, even though inconsistent, gives us the best chance to make it to the post season.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexDown

Were 5-5 right now with still a chance to make the playoffs beacuse of our schedule. Starting a rookie will not, I repeat, will not give us the best chance to make the playoffs. Pennington, even though inconsistent, gives us the best chance to make it to the post season.
                  I guess ur right, I'm just so depressed from every team i like losing this weekend. I'm emotionally wrought, I got nothing left.

Comment

You're right, that's probably true.

However, over the last 6 games, Pennington sucks. It's the only to describe it. He physically can't throw the ball more than 10 yards. And throughout this entire game we NEVER threw the ball more than 20 yards. And once again it isn't just this game, Chad has gotten progressively worse as the year goes on.

And the only things that he has had going for him are his accuracy and decision making. They don't exist anymore. He has more interceptions than he does touchdowns. That's not how Chad Pennington is supposed to play.

Chad isn't the future, there's no way that this team could possibly win the super bowl with him on the team. Not when the five yard dump off is the only thing our offense can do.

I'm not definately sold on throwing Clemens in there now; it is probably too early, but Chad is making it hard not to.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zim3031

However, over the last 6 games, Pennington sucks. It's the only to describe it. He physically can't throw the ball more than 10 yards. And throughout this entire game we NEVER threw the ball more than 20 yards. And once again it isn't just this game, Chad has gotten progressively worse as the year goes on.

And the only things that he has had going for him are his accuracy and decision making. They don't exist anymore. He has more interceptions than he does touchdowns. That's not how Chad Pennington is supposed to play.

Chad isn't the future, there's no way that this team could possibly win the super bowl with him on the team. Not when the five yard dump off is the only thing our offense can do.

I'm not definately sold on throwing Clemens in there now; it is probably too early, but Chad is making it hard not to.
                      I don't think throwing Clemens in there is going to do much, but I don't see why we can't put him in the game if we need to throw a deep ball at the end of the game or let him play some garbage time to see what we've got. Pennington gives us the best shot to make the playoffs, but in reality against playoff defenses his arm just doesn't cut it, and when they bring pressure he makes bad decisions.

Comment

• Originally posted by derza222

I don't think throwing Clemens in there is going to do much, but I don't see why we can't put him in the game if we need to throw a deep ball at the end of the game or let him play some garbage time to see what we've got. Pennington gives us the best shot to make the playoffs, but in reality against playoff defenses his arm just doesn't cut it, and when they bring pressure he makes bad decisions.
                        PUT IN BRAD SMITH!!!

Sig thanks to VLS

My BC Iggles. (13-4)

Comment

• Originally posted by Zim3031

We didn't play well? Hmm I guess I missed the boat on that one. Sure we didn't play great but we played very well in the 2nd Half.

Btw, I honestly thought Chad a stronger arm then what I saw today. But my god. Talk about a flutter ball on the deep throws.

Comment

• Originally posted by sweetness34

We didn't play well? Hmm I guess I missed the boat on that one. Sure we didn't play great but we played very well in the 2nd Half.

Btw, I honestly thought Chad a stronger arm then what I saw today. But my god. Talk about a flutter ball on the deep throws.
                            Chad doesn't have an arm at all. In the first half I think we outplayed you, in the second half we were probably outplayed but not by a ton. One big play by Bradley and a stupid onsides kick call basically was your scoring. In general outside of those two plays you guys were better but not that much better over the course of the half. Rex did settle down a bit though.

Comment

• Originally posted by sweetness34

The Bears had -1 passing yards in the first half. -1!! How on Earth is that playing well? The Bears gave the Jets every chance to win this game.

Comment

• A few notes from today's disapointing loss:

Positives:
                                -Kerry Rhodes is an absolute beast, best Jets safety i've seen in a while
                                -Oline was really good again today, even the right side is improving
                                -Dewayne Robertson follows up last weeks big week with another good game; i think we have to see how this season plays out before we throw him out of town
                                -Ced Houston with a good comeback this week
                                -Tim Dwight has clearly developed as the team's #3 receiver and is a nice punt returner also

Negatives:
                                -Chad obviously has to step up his game for the Jets to make the playoffs
                                -Drew Coleman sucks
                                -I think the coaching staff had their first bad game of the season- called many plays (like the inside handoff out of shotgun) that weren't working, and the onside kick was not smart. Also it is clear that Mangini has NO confidence in Nugent from over 50 yds.- the coaches will be fine though
                                -Kevan Barlow did nothing to follow up his stellar week last week, even though he had few opportunities

Overall, not the worst loss for the Jets, we can still make the playoffs, but I am a little worried about the Bills and Dolphins who are right on our tail and are playing well. The best cure for this loss would to be for us to hand a nice 14 point loss to the Texans next week.

^^Sig From Nvot9
                                J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information